Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: In todays news...

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Horse

Post by Horse »

Mussels wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:31 pm
But it does seem odd that they couldn't do something like kick the frame away.
Kicking the frame away could have killed her and then the cops would be in more trouble, I can't think of a way to forcibly disarm a 95 year old without causing injury so their best bet was probably to follow standard procedures to the letter.
[/quote]

She suffered a traumatic brain injury after falling anyway.

Even a broken hip from a fall has something like 50% fatality rate for geriatrics.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Potter wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:33 pm And for all you know she might have spent 50yrs in the Oz special forces, trained to stab people.

It's like when these armchair experts say they couldn't shoot a 12yr old - good luck with that then when you face a child soldier in Africa shooting at you with an AK47. You'll be just as dead as if it was a 25yr old 6ft 3" nutter.

He'd be your worst nightmare Iccy! 😉😉

Actually, I can think of literally hundreds of kids I would happily shoot. All of them got on my bus at one time or another.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Speaking of kids.....

Boris breeds like a chav from a sink estate.
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso ... d-12884631
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:49 pm In the world of celebrity, no news is bad news but the media will get sick of this pair of muppets sooner rather than later and when they do, I wonder if Meghan will jump ship and dump her "has been", once a Prince after she's used up his former glory...
Before she got involved with Harry I'd never heard of her, I still couldn't name a single thing she's acted in.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:22 pm Before she got involved with Harry I'd never heard of her, I still couldn't name a single thing she's acted in.
She is currently playing the role of "Princess Diana".

From what I hear, the car chase scene was a bit shit.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Ant

Post by Ant »

Bigjawa wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:53 pm Speaking of kids.....

Boris breeds like a chav from a sink estate.
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso ... d-12884631
But he's rich, filthy rich.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Richly filthy too, from the sounds of it.
Ant

Post by Ant »

In ways which only Carrie knows ;)
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Ant wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm In ways which only Carrie knows ;)
And Jennifer whatshername, Petronella somebody and quite possibly yer Nadine woman who's so keen to defend him at every opportunity.

He must be hung like a donkey or something.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Bigjawa wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 pm
Ant wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm In ways which only Carrie knows ;)
And Jennifer whatshername, Petronella somebody and quite possibly yer Nadine woman who's so keen to defend him at every opportunity.

He must be hung like a donkey or something.
He probably is, a well hung, rich man, what's not to like for the ladies?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

We don't need to worry about AI, Russian influence in elections, doddering old men having their finger on the button, long covid or anything, we're gonna screw ourselves into oblivion https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mc ... a774&ei=71
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm We don't need to worry about AI, Russian influence in elections, doddering old men having their finger on the button, long covid or anything, we're gonna screw ourselves into oblivion https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mc ... a774&ei=71
More of a nothing burger really. Fast food outlet sells superheated item intended for small children, they can't be exonerated if they give insufficient warning. Article says their excuse was the chicken needed to be "superheated" due to risk of salmonella. If it is unusually hot and intended for a small child then they better make sure the parent is properly informed.

Wouldn't need an AI to recognise the potential danger with unusually hot food, McDonalds have pulled out of Russia and the current leader of the most powerful nation on earth couldn't spell KFC unless it was written on a cue card. Even then you wouldn't bet on it...
Plato
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Parents need to be told that food cooked in a deep fat fryer could be hot. How else are they supposed to know to check the temp before handing them to their child and driving off? :wtf:
Lawyers for McDonald’s noted that the food had to be hot to avoid salmonella poisoning, and that the nuggets were not meant to be pressed between a seat belt and human flesh for more than two minutes.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I need to know where this MaccyDs is. My missus complains about cold food at literally every restaurant we go to. (Cold as in not the temperature of the Sun).
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm We don't need to worry about AI, Russian influence in elections, doddering old men having their finger on the button, long covid or anything, we're gonna screw ourselves into oblivion https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mc ... a774&ei=71
More of a nothing burger really. Fast food outlet sells superheated item intended for small children, they can't be exonerated if they give insufficient warning. Article says their excuse was the chicken needed to be "superheated" due to risk of salmonella. If it is unusually hot and intended for a small child then they better make sure the parent is properly informed.

Wouldn't need an AI to recognise the potential danger with unusually hot food, McDonalds have pulled out of Russia and the current leader of the most powerful nation on earth couldn't spell KFC unless it was written on a cue card. Even then you wouldn't bet on it...
Chicken nuggets are eaten by people of all ages not just children, I had one for my tea last might, although granted not from McDonalds
While both sides agreed the nugget caused the burns, the family's lawyers argued the temperature was above 200 degrees (93 Celsius), while the defense said it was no more than 160 degrees (71 Celsius).
Seeing as chicken needs an internal temp of 75 degrees to be safe, neither of those temperatures could be called 'superheated', heaven forbid a parent takes responsibility for giving their autistic child hot food
McDonald’s USA liable for failing to provide instructions for safe handling of the food.
So now all food wrapper will be printed 'caution contents hot' for the very hard of thinking.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Reminds of this YouTube vid I saw a while ago.

Chap actually talks a lot of sense, despite the classic YouTube clickbait thumbnail.

Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:58 am Chicken nuggets are eaten by people of all ages not just children, I had one for my tea last might, although granted not from McDonalds

Seeing as chicken needs an internal temp of 75 degrees to be safe, neither of those temperatures could be called 'superheated', heaven forbid a parent takes responsibility for giving their autistic child hot food

So now all food wrapper will be printed 'caution contents hot' for the very hard of thinking.
Indeed but this was specifically a children's "happy" meal.

What it needs and what it got are not always the same thing. I called it "superheated" because my guess is it either came straight out of a deep fat fryer or (more likely imho) a microwave "reheat" and straight into the hands of a four year old. Without the parent being given sufficient warning...

Anyone can pick up a McDonalds apple pie in its cardboard sleeve and the thing feels like it's at room temperature. The contents, also covered by a crispy shell, can be ridiculously hot. I found out the hard way once (never again) that the contents can be so absurdly hot they will burn the inside of your mouth.

I'm not a regular customer of McD and despite the warning and despite knowing sugar jams/sauces have a surprisingly high SHC, was still caught out by the extraordinarily high temperature of the filling. Obviously microwaved in that case.
Plato
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

MrsJawa worked for Moy Park, who supply chicken to Waitrose, Tesco and a whole lot of other folk. She told me that the company that insisted on the best chicken, was McDonald's.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

In my youth I worked in McDonalds and Burger King kitchens, I don't remember any microwaves in either. They had no need for them.