In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Bigjawa

Re: In todays news...

Post by Bigjawa »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:30 pm You do know JFK came from a rich elite family of politicians right Greenie?

His older brother was groomed with a view to being president, but he was killed in an mysterious accidental explosion flying a drone aircraft packed with explosives.

Honestly, I'm surprised that fact hasn't been picked up more by the JFK nutters. It sounds so far fetched I had to go check I hadn't imagined it!

Multiple Kennedys have been killed before their time. Its fertile ground for sure.
A four piston engined bomber, that's a bit worn out, filled with several thousand gallons of high octane fuel and a few tons of high explosives, then fitted with a very crude radio control system, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's almost like they wanted him to get blown up!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:43 am How cam people NOT be alarmed that the FBI, DNC, CIA & the Clinton campaign committed proven election interference? Oh that's right.. the media haven't told them there's anything to be alarmed about. We even had one Clinton campaign lawyer still insisting there WAS collusion after the report came out, but he only appeared on CNN.
Just one this...

I had no idea this report was coming, the posts here where the first I've heard of it. I've been and looked at loads of news sites now, off the top of my head Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, Sky, Reuters and Al Jazeera*. I even tried reading some of the report itself, but it's pretty hard going.

The best I can summon so far is "errr...OK?" I dunno maybe it's not as revelatory as some would like.

*BTW, Al Jazeera in my mind are indelibly linked with Al Qaeda! This is only because they first came to my attention because they were the first to receive OBL's videos in the wake of 9/11. I feel they're pretty independent or at least US party agnostic? I dunno - looking at their headlines they seem fairly global and bad news oriented.
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Tue May 16, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:52 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:43 am How cam people NOT be alarmed that the FBI, DNC, CIA & the Clinton campaign committed proven election interference? Oh that's right.. the media haven't told them there's anything to be alarmed about. We even had one Clinton campaign lawyer still insisting there WAS collusion after the report came out, but he only appeared on CNN.
Just one this...

I had no idea this report was coming, the posts here where the first I've heard of it. I've been and looked at loads of news sites now, off the top of my head Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, Sky, Reuters and Al Jazeera*. I even tried reading some of the report itself, but it's pretty hard going.

The best I can summon so far is "errr...OK?" I dunno maybe it's not as revelatory as some would like.

*BTW, Al Jazeera in my mind are indelibly linked with Al Qaeda! This is only because they first came to my attention because they were the first to receive OBL's videos in the wake of 9/11. I feel they're pretty independent? I dunno - looking at their headlines they seem fairly global and bad news oriented.
What about RT?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Newsround didn't cover it :(
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 pm Who's got JFK's brain, I bet it's Big Pharma?

God damn brain stealing DJ's.
Who won Eurovision?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Greenman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:50 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:41 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:34 pm

But he hasn't failed. He lives in a big arse house in the sun, where he wants how he wants. He wasn't rich, he was a working class bloke from Bradford.

He did break out of 'it' as have many of us.

Which kind of makes a mockery of your thoughts doesn't it?
Just smile and do what you want.
Easy thing to say when your able to do what you want!
We all can. We are not controlled.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:42 pm For balance like ;)

That weak USA has given tens of billions in military aid and, in partnership with the Europe who wouldn't do anything, has supplied enough high tech lethal equipment to perhaps given Ukraine the win. Not to mention the UK military personnel who definitely aren't in Ukraine :shhh:

Meanwhile "economic sanctions" have well...just ask BP. Not sure if that second point is a "for" or "against" though :D Ditto on the military aid, all that high tech boom-boom comes from American companies.

Can I have next week's lottery numbers? I should win a tenner at least!
Yes I was dead wrong about that. Can't win 'em all.

My post was less about the accuracy of my stated opinion and more about being frustrated at the "conspiracy theory" nonsense and the constant locking of the thread because I would rect to the ignorant personal insults that went along with such "heresy".

I would suggest the US military-industrial complex is merely a method for taking tax dollars out of the economy and giving it to global corporations. Sort of ties in with who and how decisions are being made, i.e. not by a puppet president but a backroom cabal of private interests whose primary "objective" is personal financial gain.

Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.

Of more concern currently as we teeter on the edge of a world war is what does "victory" look like? Is there actually a plan beyond maintaining this conflict without any possibility of a peaceful negotiated settlement? Even going to the extent of destroying Nord Stream 2 to stop that being used as leverage (and to sell US energy reserves into Europe). It seems to me that the US which, let's be honest, is all that is keeping this conflict going, does not have any clear plan for peace.

All that is happening is wealth transfer on a massive level, using one of the most corrupt nations on Eatrh and no I am not giving that accolade to the US or even to Russia; we all know that title actually belongs to Ukraine!

You can have my Premium Bond numbers, they have as much chance of "winning" as Ukraine.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Greenman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:57 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 pm Who's got JFK's brain, I bet it's Big Pharma?

Who won Eurovision?
'The Man', it kept the proles minds off how oppressed they are?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:54 pm Newsround didn't cover it :(
It all went to pot when John Craven packed it in.
Julie Etchingham's dad, James, used to be my high school head master.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:00 pm

Who won Eurovision?
Not sure about that.. people who are oppressed have more sense than to watch such tripe!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

constant locking of the thread

In 3 years we've locked 5 threads. Don't be giving me this bollox. I don't know of any other bloody internet forum that allows freedom of speech as much as this.

I fought hard not to ban DEADPOOL as I felt it was the right thing to do. But to then go on about it time and time again is irritating

Go set up your own forum and run it how you like. Enjoy.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Greenman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:00 pm

Who won Eurovision?
Not sure about that.. people who are oppressed have more sense than to watch such tripe!
I like you, but tell me one person who is actually oppressed.
Felix

Post by Felix »

weeksy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:48 pm

In 3 years we've locked 5 threads. Don't be giving me this bollox.
Think i just counted 10 in the politic section
Last edited by Felix on Tue May 16, 2023 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Greenman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:57 pm
Whilst i would also like that world i don't seem to be able to find it
Stop smoking so much shit and bank it. You would probably have a nice little wedge by now
Ant

Post by Ant »

Felix wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:40 pm

In 3 years we've locked 5 threads. Don't be giving me this bollox.
Think i just counted 10 in the politic section
Yesterday I locked three threads and I had to lock two today.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:52 pm The best I can summon so far is "errr...OK?" I dunno maybe it's not as revelatory as some would like.

*BTW, Al Jazeera in my mind are indelibly linked with Al Qaeda! This is only because they first came to my attention because they were the first to receive OBL's videos in the wake of 9/11. I feel they're pretty independent or at least US party agnostic? I dunno - looking at their headlines they seem fairly global and bad news oriented.
The jist of it is there are dozens of companies owned by the Bidens, all of which are intertwined. $Millions have gone into these companies & been dispersed to at least 9 family members including a granddaughter (not the one whose mum was a stripper). None of these companies have a product or service that would generate ANY income whatsoever.
There's still a slew of FBI employees who refused to testify before Durham.
Related to that, there are currently whistleblowers from the FBI etc who are willing to testify before Jim Jordan's committee.

According to Joe he has absolutely no knowledge of any of this at all, least of all where the money went... even though he's on tape discussing at least one of the deals with Hunter & told him not to get busted. There are also emails where Hunter is bitching about having to pay his dad half his income... none of which appeared on Joe's tax returns.

Now go back & re-read that, but change Biden to Trump & Hunter to Don Jr...

Btw, the US arm of Al Jezeera was originally owned by Al Gore & operated under a different name (I forget which)
Potter

Post by Potter »

In 3 years we've locked 5 threads. Don't be giving me this bollox. I don't know of any other bloody internet forum that allows freedom of speech as much as this.

I fought hard not to ban DEADPOOL as I felt it was the right thing to do. But to then go on about it time and time again is irritating

Fair play for standing your ground, upon reflection it’s clear that the people that you had to fight against are bullies, so maybe you should now be considering banning them?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:36 am

Fair play for standing your ground, upon reflection it’s clear that the people that you had to fight against are bullies, so maybe you should now be considering banning them?
Nah, we just a few daft posts from a few daft people.... people have been told off in the past and the place is playing nicely.... no need for any more than that. It just hit a nerve that someone complained about moderation which on this forum is quite frankly ridiculous to complain about.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65621081
BBC wrote:Chancellor Jeremy Hunt: Office working should be default
Of course he will say that, he wants people to spend more money on travel and food. He can get stuffed.