In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:49 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:43 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:56 pm
I liked living in Brussels and Paris too - I guess I'm a 'capitalist' :D . In an ideal world I'd have a place where I am and a pied á terre in somewhere eg by Regent's Park (another in Paris would be cool too). That'll do nicely. :thumbup:
A pied á terre by Regent's Park, and another in Montmartre, my idea of heaven. Can I have one in New York too? :D
Ok, the timeshare idea ^^^^ is cool, but seriously? A posh suite in an hotel would do the job and then you'd have no running costs , just pay in whatever city you want to be in!! :lol: :lol:
It would work pretty well for me in London. I can pretty easily get in and out for a day but it would be great to go up on a weekday for an exhibition, t'other half to go to Shepherd's shop to get fancy art paper and stuff, bit of culture in the evening or just have a leisurely meal out and then crash (instead of taking a late train home), get up, swan about a bit/walk in the park etc, have breakfast somewhere and then get a non-peak train home. I'd be happy doing that once a week :thumbup:

You could AirBnB it on days no-one was using it to help with running costs I suppose. The share thing is potentially fraught though - unless you really trusted the others. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Durham Report is out, entire Russia Collusion story was complete bullshit funded by Clinton Campaign.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:23 pm Durham Report is out, entire Russia Collusion story was complete bullshit funded by Clinton Campaign.
Do you ever feel you’re being ignored?

You should.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Me being ignored isn't the issue, it's the mindless twats who ignore it & almost the entire US media that are the problem. I assume Adam Schiff won't be going on a national apology tour to explain why he constantly lied to everyone for 4 fucking years.

How cam people NOT be alarmed that the FBI, DNC, CIA & the Clinton campaign committed proven election interference? Oh that's right.. the media haven't told them there's anything to be alarmed about. We even had one Clinton campaign lawyer still insisting there WAS collusion after the report came out, but he only appeared on CNN.

Edit: Holy shit, I just read the BBC report... They left out ALL mention of what the FBI etc did, are they a subsidiary of CNN now?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Despite Shiff being perhaps one of the worst offenders when it comes to fabricating lies for votes, the entire US system is so corrupt, it's difficult to keep track. Like walking into a field and saying "ooh look, another blade of grass...". The sheep will just keep mindlessly eating it up.

People in this forum and even this country are under the misapprehension this will have no effect on the UK because "it's over there" but the decisions being made for the benefit of the military-industrial complex and big Pharma have global repercussions. Mainstream news is mere propaganda and the internet, along with everything you're allowed to see on it, is doomed to follow suit.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

I thought Adam Schiff was a fictional character on a USA crime series. Hmm! Apart from the 'fictional', perhaps I'm still right.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Bike Breaker wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:05 am I thought Adam Schiff was a fictional character on a USA crime series. Hmm! Apart from the 'fictional', perhaps I'm still right.
Richard Schiff played Toby in The West Wing.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

What the actual fuck!

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 am What the actual fuck!

In Biden's defence (and by Christ he needs one from this fecking witch hunt) he was speaking to a focus group who very much wanted to hear that message, and who do have racial hatred as a key agenda item - it's not very different from Trump banging on about all the mysterious lefties in your midst being a threat to democracy, suspecting your neighbour is a very popular message to folk who think they're being fecked over.

And I like the commentator's "argument" that the greatest threat is actually in fact being shot to death by random strangers, not primarily ones merely motivated by racial hatred. Oh that's a relief then, glad you clarified that. Maybe you're focusing on the headline and not the message pal?

These sensationalist youTube channels analysing every tiny nuance of "News" that "the media are too afraid to broadcast" are bollocks. I suppose we should be grateful it's not another clip of Biden stumbling over the words of a speech.
Last edited by DefTrap on Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:42 am Despite Shiff being perhaps one of the worst offenders when it comes to fabricating lies for votes, the entire US system is so corrupt, it's difficult to keep track. Like walking into a field and saying "ooh look, another blade of grass...". The sheep will just keep mindlessly eating it up.

People in this forum and even this country are under the misapprehension this will have no effect on the UK because "it's over there" but the decisions being made for the benefit of the military-industrial complex and big Pharma have global repercussions. Mainstream news is mere propaganda and the internet, along with everything you're allowed to see on it, is doomed to follow suit.
TBF it's already bought the trousers, shoes and a bright Blue tie if you ask me.

I bet people are more falsely informed by browsing internet websites than they are from the news on the TV. Social media has a lot to answer for on that subject, especially with all these 'influencers' about on pretty much every platform.

It seems now if you can write a track that gets in the top 10, or create a brand of energy drink or are good at jogging up and down in front of a camera in covid times then what ever they say is gospel, i mean, if you can produce a successful energy drink like Prime you must also be fully informed and have the ability to correctly inform others on political subjects, right? eeerrrmmm, no!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Greenman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 am
It seems now if you can write a track that gets in the top 10, or create a brand of energy drink or are good at jogging up and down in front of a camera in covid times then what ever they say is gospel, i mean, if you can produce a successful energy drink like Prime you must also be fully informed and have the ability to correctly inform others on political subjects, right? eeerrrmmm, no!
Hardly a new phenomenon.

In 1789 King George III started a fashion for sunbathing. People copied him, effectively invented seaside holiday.

Pears Soap put West End actress Lily Langtree on their posters in 1882, making her the first of this kind of celebrity to 'endorse' a commercial product.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

The issue I have with all this constant barrage of 'wake up sheeples' stuff is all the protagonists seem to want to do is bludgeon everyone into agreement with them. What do they actually want me to do apart from agree? Storm Parliament wearing a squirrel for a hat? Go and multi-post the same on other non-political forums? Be miserable and paranoid? Nope, nope, a thousand times nope.

I'm hardly oblivious to what's going on in the world. But, unless you have a fix that is within my scope, that doesn't involve bolleaux like 'Biden's laptop' or supporting Trump I don't much care even if you tell me ad nauseum that the world is going to hell in an oligarch's handbasket.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am The issue I have with all this constant barrage of 'wake up sheeples' stuff is all the protagonists seem to want to do is bludgeon everyone into agreement with them. What do they actually want me to do apart from agree?
I asked on a thread, ages ago.

IIRC the answer was "There isn't anything you can do."

So fuggit, why worry and get in a lather?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
cheb

Post by cheb »

All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

To the barricades, I've ordered them via Amazon prime so they should be here tomorrow
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Count Steer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am The issue I have with all this constant barrage of 'wake up sheeples' stuff is all the protagonists seem to want to do is bludgeon everyone into agreement with them. What do they actually want me to do apart from agree? Storm Parliament wearing a squirrel for a hat? Go and multi-post the same on other non-political forums? Be miserable and paranoid? Nope, nope, a thousand times nope.

I'm hardly oblivious to what's going on in the world. But, unless you have a fix that is within my scope, that doesn't involve bolleaux like 'Biden's laptop' or supporting Trump I don't much care even if you tell me ad nauseum that the world is going to hell in an oligarch's handbasket.
It's a case of getting the majority to see what is going on and then forming together to make a change.

It's not that complicated. It's probably how capiltalism was formed originally, it's just it has been corrupted so much it isn't really capitalism anymore!

Lets make capitalism good again <-----no i'm not a Trump supporter...;)

The people who are fucking everything up for us are trying to create smaller and smaller factions of people so they have more control, this is the way it has been for a long time now and it only gets worse.

They do not want people to come together, as we are strong in numbers and could form to make a change that would benefit the country which would take away and break down the barriers of corruption that have stood for so long.

Martin Luther King, JFK, Diana, Bob Marley even 2pac and Biggie we're all getting very politically minded and were starting to have a real following which could of challenged the capitalist t model, it's no co-incidence that all of those people died in a suspicious way with no hard evidence on who killed them, as soon as an individual gets to a position of power that does not suit the narrative of the capitalist regime they kill them off, or so it seems to me!

So my resolve to this issue is not to make massive changes to anything, but to remove those that have corrupted it over the years.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

So the illuminati killed Diana and 2pac?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:34 pm So the illuminati killed Diana and 2pac?
Who do you think killed them?
cheb

Post by cheb »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:34 pm So the illuminati killed Diana and 2pac?
For me to believe that I'd want firm corroborating evidence. like Nostradamus predicting it, or the Brahan Seer for Scottish matters.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Count Steer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am I'm hardly oblivious to what's going on in the world. But, unless you have a fix that is within my scope, that doesn't involve bolleaux like 'Biden's laptop' or supporting Trump I don't much care even if you tell me ad nauseum that the world is going to hell in an oligarch's handbasket.
If it smells like shit, it's probably shit. The total "what-if?" nonsense seemed to accelerate in the post-911 - because somehow the combination of motivated forriners, lazy airport security and a bit of blind luck wasn't believable enough - sufficient folk gave credence to the analysis of have-a-go experts that we've been forced to endure similar poor analysis ever since.

And if you're going to have a champion for "truth" choose someone more plausible than Trump as your poster boy FFS. Was Ronald McDonald unavailable?
Potter

Post by Potter »

I have enjoyed the journey.

We've gone from the mob accusing Screwdriver of being a nutter, to a request for him to stop pointing out that they were wrong so much because they can't do anything about it :lol: