What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Went to see the vampires at the Stab Lab for a blood draw, line was out the door & down the corridor. Looks like a dole office in Thatchers heyday. Decided to hang on to my blood for another day.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got a bit drunk! I'm such a lightweight. 4 rums and I'm about to go to bed!! (I have just got home, haven't been drinking here!! ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - I did go out at 6pm and got home at 9.15pm!! Still a lightweight tho - 100% out of practice!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I spent a day out in @weeksy and @Crosshair territory today- Eighty miles on the Ridgeway in Berks/Oxon/Wilts with the fast boys of the Oxford TRF.

And they were indeed very fast- much faster than my usual riding mates, and me! :lol:
I’d never met any of them before this morning, they were fresh from a week riding in Portugal and it was a proper eye-opener for me, in more ways than one.

Some fabulous albeit incredibly slippy and rutty lanes which coupled with their seemingly effortless speed ( in fairness to me the group was all experienced Enduro racers including one Elite class ) meant I was definitely the Slowy-Mc-Slowface of the group and I can’t remember ever falling off so many times or at such speed on any green-lane ride, or sweating so much on a bike for a very long time but although I’m aching a lot tonight I loved it and it taught me lots ( mainly how shit I am if I’m honest .... )- it was a brilliant day 8-)

Oh, and until I lost a good portion of my front mudguard in an off, I never understood just how absolutely vital an intact mudguard is - when the lanes are this wet anyway it is!

MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I remember when the TRF was all beardy-wierdy pipe smokers on ancient MZs with open face helmets, normal anoraks and steel toe-capped wellingtons. And much better it was for that too.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

We do still all smoke pipes, but most have more jazzy anoraks and posher wellies these days
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

The key questions are, though, do you still want to be part of their gang and, most importantly, do they want you in their gang? :thumbup: :thumbdown: :hmmm:

Kev
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Looks like I've killed our Mountfield mower, think our lawn is too much for it! Blue smoke everywhere but still runs :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Walked my dogs along the beach…

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday I'd made plans to get the penultimate bus to go see some friends on the last night of a bar they run. Had a planned lift home, but needed the bus to get there. Turns out that the last bus was an hour before I thought it was. 45 minute walk later and I arrived at the bar. Cue serious shoulder grumps and knee being a tad miffed! Good evening out and got a lift home!! Luckily today the shoulder and knee have tuned down to mild p'd off ness at my unplanned walking :D :D

Today -

Said goodbye to my favourite person up here :( He and his team leave in the morning :( :(

Now sitting in the last open cafe solo cos the brits are working (last cleans of accommodation/chalets etc) and the french are packing to leave :( :(

Even if I had got the Monster running, I'd not be riding as it's hurling with rain :( :( Especially annoying as my friend in the valley does a 'brunch' on Sunday mornings - english sausages in homemade bread rolls and cinnamon rolls with the best coffee!! Dammit!! LOL

Roll on the sunshine, at least if it's sunny, I can sit and attempt to colour my celtic skin vaguely towards magnolia before they cut me open again!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

I went out on MTBs with my lad and he handed me my arse again.
Now my legs are double battered and I ache all over.

Tomorrow is fell running again, so I said today I'm doing nothing (except walking around shopping in Manchester) to try and recover.
wull

Post by wull »

Played golf this morning, played pretty shite during the middle part of the round but finished strong to salvage a +5
cheb

Post by cheb »

Shopped in a Costco. I doubt I'll do that again.
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Helped organise a target shoot for my archery club plus guests. 30 archers which was a good turnout.

Rehearsal for the association championship shoot in 3 weeks which we’re hosting.

A bit wet in the morning but it dried off later.
3CD0DE1A-99E4-4824-B5A2-F154425B981C.jpeg
3CD0DE1A-99E4-4824-B5A2-F154425B981C.jpeg (106.23 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I think I need help!! I've just watched* snooker for about three hours :o :o :shock:

My mate with the pub that I've been to the last few evenings has had it on as he's a fan!! I used to use the snooker to help me go to sleep after I'd closed up when I ran pubs years ago, then I got into it and it didn't help me go to sleep then!! But I've not actually watched in years! :lol: :lol:

Haven't recognised any of the players names, but weirdly it's been quite interesting!!

I still think I need help or a rewire/reboot or something!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*TBF, it's been on for that time, but I've only really 'watched' the last 30 mins or so!! LOL
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Noggin wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:28 pm I think I need help!! I've just watched* snooker for about three hours
Yes you do.
Although I ended up watching it for an hour last night, only because it overran mind, I was waiting for the Willy Nelson concert to come on
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

About 5 hours of grass cutting.

Which followed a damn good breakfast, hanging around while the other half selected pots in a garden centre, shopping etc.

Currently absolutely fucked off with Channel 4s appalling TV app. Trying to watch the F1 highlights and each "ad break" is a random period of blank screen. The latest is about 10 minutes long.....
non quod, sed quomodo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Caught the PERFECT *Tesla Swerve* on the bike cam this morning. Was making good progress coming up behind it in the #1 lane, moved over to pass it & just as I passed the right quarter panel the car suddenly swerved to the left & damn near hit the concrete divider. Bet that woke up the dozy fucker.
Hopefully I can edit the vid to just a few seconds.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bugger. Owing to the bike going right as the Tesla swerved left the camera didn't get the violence of the move.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Returned home after a great couple of days on Mersea Island. My daughter and her oithger half came to see us on Saturdya but one her dogs kicked off and wouldn't stop barking. In the end they went home,but asked if they could come back the next day without the dogs, which of course we said yes to. NIce long beach walk with our dogs in the morning then me them in the Clubhouse after. Managed to find a do g friendly pub that could do us a sunday roast, so We too them for dinner. Twas a really lovely day, even if the dinner wasn't the best.
wull

Post by wull »

At BMW getting the bikes annual service done. Had a wee nose at the new Gen 5 if that’s what they are calling it.

The only thing I like is the new changes that they’ve made to the dash which I’m hoping they will make available as a software update on the Gen 4 bikes, other than that I wouldn’t change.

Note the steering angle sensor which is a potentiometer. This with the new electronic controls will allow you to back it in and allows you to slide it on corner exit, very fancy. Not for me though, even the reviews where top notch ex racers have tested the bike have said it’s a bit overkill and even for them they couldn’t really exploit it.