In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Yorick

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:51 pm It's not because just because of "the government" - it's also because "the media" keeps feeding you shit and you keep swallowing it, there was a massive froth on here because of some lies made up about a woman who had to remove her rainbow hat in Qatar while she went through a security scanner - all absolute lies, and meanwhile you were all being rinsed for tax pounds being corrupted away.

Stop buying or reading tabloids, stop getting your sensationalist news from crackpots on YouTube, stop listening to Gary Lineker, and engage brain.
Or move somewhere that the news is a giggle ;)

I laugh at the folk on here arguing to the death about summat they can't change.

No politics or shite affects my life :)
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

It -is- 'the government '. You mention Lineker. A nothing story where he alludes to Tory policy being a bit nazi, again, is grabbed by 'the government ' and used to whittle away at the BBC, again, because they're harbouring a bunch of woke liberals probably oh and they resist bowing to following the Party line. Just one example. Of course 'they' use the media, feed them nonsense stories about pervs everywhere which are hungrily gobbled up by the drones. We make it easy for them. No need to look for criminal-geriatric-mastermind Biden pulling strings across continents and regimes and security organisations, all you have to do is point at simple weirdos, and the vast majority will drop everything and attack them.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:34 pm It -is- 'the government '. You mention Lineker. A nothing story where he alludes to Tory policy being a bit nazi, again, is grabbed by 'the government ' and used to whittle away at the BBC, again, because they're harbouring a bunch of woke liberals probably oh and they resist bowing to following the Party line. Just one example. Of course 'they' use the media, feed them nonsense stories about pervs everywhere which are hungrily gobbled up by the drones. We make it easy for them. No need to look for criminal-geriatric-mastermind Biden pulling strings across continents and regimes and security organisations, all you have to do is point at simple weirdos, and the vast majority will drop everything and attack them.
I didn't understand any of that. I'm actually glad really :D

I thought you'd be as ambivalent as me being an expat
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Big news this week of course is Tucker Carlson getting fired from Fox. He is the single most popular news journalist on the right bar none. He's also very possibly the single biggest draw for Fox. So why did they get rid of the golden goose? Is this Rupert Murdoch owning up to the fact that Tucker simply gets too close to the truth?

I think it is just another example of the left going after popular right wing figures. Systematically trying to erase them from public view. FaceBook do it, YouTube, Twitter it is so obvious now I think it might even be too late. Joe Biden will get voted back into office with 110% of the vote. I find it incredible despite all of the latest revelations now revealing the extraordinary level of corruption within the Biden mafia, the dispersal of funds to an ever larger number of his family and yet not a peep from MSM.

Donald Trump (!), Matt Walsh, Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson and now Tucker Carlson. They have all been persecuted, relentlessly criticised by mainstream media and hounded by leftist partisan courts. They are also singled out for attention by the machinery of government who if they can't find a reason, will simply make one up, present it as fact and feed it into the mainstream propaganda machine. It is of course a well known, tried and tested strategy straight out of the communist/Marxist playbook.

The emergence of ever more powerful AI into this wilderness of mirrors the media have become could be the single biggest disaster for anyone seeking the truth. My jibe about Biden getting 110% of the vote is a tongue in cheek comment highlighting a potential issue with a super intelligent crawler bot dominating all forms of social media, skewing reality to make it look as if deeply unpopular opinions, viewpoints or candidates (!) represent the tide of public opinion. It will be hard to spot. Though Bud Light discover to their cost that just because "everybody" loves to see men dressed up as women according to the narrative we're being fed, in reality, nobody does...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:27 pm
No politics or shite affects my life :)
I'm not sure it's actual government politics, it's people politics/street politics, the majority of the population of the UK seem to be lazy, slow-thinking dullards, UK workers are lazy and entitled, there is too much crime, the infrastructure has failed, there are too many ignorant and rude people, etc.
Of course, shit rolls downhill and the government could do a lot to fix it, if they weren't so fundamentally corrupt, but the population are too far gone now, I don't think it's recoverable.

It could be the best country in the world, but it isn't by any stretch, I'm presuming that's why you don't live here. I'm finding it challenging to exist in a country this messed up.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:32 pm I didn't understand any of that. I'm actually glad really :D

I thought you'd be as ambivalent as me being an expat
I still have family there, money there, effectively work out of there. I'd quite like to put my head in the sand but watching the News (the spoon-fed fake news obviously) is often like accidentally tuning into a new docu-soap.

I should totally extricate myself and then I could happily just point and laugh ....
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Pirahna wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:11 am I've been reading this morning about the contract for the weekends phone alert. Apparently the contract was awarded to Fujitsu who then subbed it to one of their partners. They've been working with this partner for some time and the partner has previous worked on the phone alert system in Australia, so it makes sense to use them. The partner is Infosys, owned by Sunak's wife and her dad. I'm sure it didn't happen on purpose but still, more public money for Sunak can't be right, can it?

I've been reading this morning that that's a load of bollox. ;)

According to Full Fact is not true.

https://fullfact.org/online/infosys-eme ... EockMf_bL4

Now, before you start on me just bear in mind that a) I didn't go searching for this, it popped up on my facebook feed, b) I couldn't give a shit either way (whether it was true or false) as the alert system wasn't ever going to work for me as I'm in Turkey. One of the bits of information though must be true cos it was on t'internet. :lol:
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I have posted on this before, but probably at the last place.
I wonder now just how much longer the Kent Constabulary can keep their heads in the sand
BBC News - Levi Bellfield makes new confession to Lin and Megan Russell murders, says lawyer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-65410340
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Nobby wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:38 pm I have posted on this before, but probably at the last place.
I wonder now just how much longer the Kent Constabulary can keep their heads in the sand
BBC News - Levi Bellfield makes new confession to Lin and Megan Russell murders, says lawyer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-65410340
Indeed.

If he (Bellfield) did commit the murders, he'll probably have information about the events that wasn't made public so it shouldn't be too difficult to tell if he's guilty.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:36 pm This conflict of interest should be shouted from the rooftops.

But it's not - because -
It doesn't exist
Yambo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:07 pm

Half the problem is everyone is ready or even eager to believe certain things they'll accept any "news".
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I disagree. I say the entire 100% of the problem is that "the news" is now a commercial entity, sponsored by (or even owned by) global corporations and other vested interests.

The other big news today is that the WHO are grabbing themselves even more power. That is authority to dictate to UN governmaents, strategies surrounding "emergency" health events which they themselves will decree. A reminder: the WHO is owned and almost wholly funded by global corporations , big Pharma and of course that slimy cunt, Bill Gates.
Plato
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:17 pm

Half the problem is everyone is ready or even eager to believe certain things they'll accept any "news".

Mmmm, which bit of this news should I accept (bearing in mind I'm ready and eager to believe certain things) - Sunak's missus (or her/her Dad's company) got the job or Sunak's missus didn't get the job?
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yambo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:07 pm

That popped up my news feed this morning. I picked up the story from (I think) The Register, it seems to have vanished now.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yambo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:50 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:17 pm

Mmmm, which bit of this news should I accept (bearing in mind I'm ready and eager to believe certain things) - Sunak's missus (or her/her Dad's company) got the job or Sunak's missus didn't get the job?
Its definitely one of the two :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Latest Kamala Harris transcript:

“I think it’s very important for us at every moment in time and certainly this one to see the moment in time in which we exist in our present and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future.”

What the actual fuck??? She's one heartbeat from the Presidency FFS.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:47 am Latest Kamala Harris transcript:

“I think it’s very important for us at every moment in time and certainly this one to see the moment in time in which we exist in our present and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future.”

What the actual fuck??? She's one heartbeat from the Presidency FFS.
Meaningless word salad as usual.

I am trying to wrap my head around that. Kamala is clearly a person of reduced intellectual capacity, an idiot. She does not run the office of vice president, she merely decorates it. "I want a black female one..." Joe Biden said during his campaign.

But the people who actually run this presidency/vice presidency are not idiots. The backroom boys, most likely under the direction of Obama/Clinton cronies, they really know what they are doing. So why are they making it so obvious that Kamala knows nothing, does nothing and says nothing?

Or am I overthinking this and Kamala herself is actually writing this nonsense and the power behind the throne just don't care? :hmmm:
Plato
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Bacofoil sales reach new record high as demand for tin foil hats goes through the roof

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65411666
Honda Owner
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Another option may be the administration realise the vast majority of people are fools who will believe whatever they are told to believe. On top of that, they will make facile idiotic jokes rather than consider the possibility that our democratic system is being gamed.
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:52 am Or am I overthinking this and Kamala herself is actually writing this nonsense and the power behind the throne just don't care? :hmmm:
She lacks the intellect to write her own speeches, she only got where she is by sucking cock. Her staff turnover rate is astounding, I think the writers have some kind of game going to create the most nonsensical inanity possible.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:55 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:52 am Or am I overthinking this and Kamala herself is actually writing this nonsense and the power behind the throne just don't care? :hmmm:
She lacks the intellect to write her own speeches, she only got where she is by sucking cock. Her staff turnover rate is astounding, I think the writers have some kind of game going to create the most nonsensical inanity possible.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire