What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Felix

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Felix »

wull wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:05 am
cheb wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:03 am Embarked on a lovely Hebridean cruise from Barra down to Oban. Calmish, about F2 or 3 and sunny, 'tis lovely on the observation deck.
I’ve not been to Oban since 2019, family years ago worked on Mull so we used to meet up in Oban all the time, used to go up on bike a fair bit as well, lovely place.
Good road heading north and over the Connel bridge. Stay on the coast almost all the way to Fort William.

I was in a camp site in Benderlock last year. When i got home my sister informs me my Brother who i have seen in probably 30 years lives in Benderloch.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Felix wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:15 pm Benderloch.
Brilliant place name. :D
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

Skub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:19 pm
Felix wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:15 pm Benderloch.
Brilliant place name. :D
Guess what colour the local shop is painted :lol:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Premi ... authuser=0
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Removed 5 exhaust studs that were badly corroded from the 22 year old Triumph Speed Triple block! Very pleased with myself. About to take dog for walk number two in the day. Then heading out tonight for a couple of pints and a curry with the church men! Will be a fun evening.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
wull

Post by wull »

Felix wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:15 pm
wull wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:05 am
cheb wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:03 am Embarked on a lovely Hebridean cruise from Barra down to Oban. Calmish, about F2 or 3 and sunny, 'tis lovely on the observation deck.
I’ve not been to Oban since 2019, family years ago worked on Mull so we used to meet up in Oban all the time, used to go up on bike a fair bit as well, lovely place.
Good road heading north and over the Connel bridge. Stay on the coast almost all the way to Fort William.

I was in a camp site in Benderlock last year. When i got home my sister informs me my Brother who i have seen in probably 30 years lives in Benderloch.

It’s a great loop that we would usually do, either way but usually we’d head up through Glencoe then across to Connel then back down.

When it’s clear blue skies I don’t think there’s a better road with unbelievable views than the A82 between Tyndrum and Glencoe.
Skub

Post by Skub »

wull wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:03 pm It’s a great loop that we would usually do, either way but usually we’d head up through Glencoe then across to Connel then back down.

When it’s clear blue skies I don’t think there’s a better road with unbelievable views than the A82 between Tyndrum and Glencoe.
The last time I was over Glencoe,it was raining and heavy fog. I had replaced the stock discs on the 9R with EBC,which had horrendous 1970s lag in the wet conditions. My arse went from a bin lid to a sixpence far too many times. I hadn't even the view to take my mind off things.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

wull wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:03 pm It’s a great loop that we would usually do, either way but usually we’d head up through Glencoe then across to Connel then back down.

Dono if the area has a name but Castle Stalker area you have a pub or ex pub called The Old Inn. Parked up behind it to stretch my legs and came across this auld bloke.
Attachments
20211024_150022.jpg
20211024_150022.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 406 times
wull

Post by wull »

Portnacroish I think, I remember taking a picture of the castle one day and had tagged a mate in it saying the castle was named after his missus, that didn’t go down well. She was a bit of a fruit loop.
Felix

Post by Felix »

wull wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 pm Portnacroish I think, I remember taking a picture of the castle one day and had tagged a mate in it saying the castle was named after his missus, that didn’t go down well. She was a bit of a fruit loop.
Yeah i had an ex like that. Thankfully not a wife though.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Watched my lad play his last rugby game for his university, back to club rugby as of next season. :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:11 pm
So you finally done the track day then, and you we're worrying about the other cars crashing into you lol!
No, someone was quite close behind when I spun but fortunately I spun straight off the track and out of his way, it felt like about eight spins but it was likely a lot less and I stopped a good five feet from the wall, so the only drama was the fuel cut-off and feeling a bit of a twat as I got towed back.

Other than that it was very civilised.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

the_priest wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:46 pm Removed 5 exhaust studs that were badly corroded from the 22 year old Triumph Speed Triple block! Very pleased with myself. About to take dog for walk number two in the day. Then heading out tonight for a couple of pints and a curry with the church men! Will be a fun evening.
5 of how many total? 8?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I have to go see Dr Effin Useless for an EKG etc to make sure I'm well enough for surgery next week.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Not much today, but made some people happy cos I made brownies this morning!! LOL Took some to my friends cafe, had a couple of coffees then came home. Made sausage and mash but messed up the gravy (HTF do you fck up gravy granules :roll: - far to thin - but then, it's been months and months since I made any!! LOL)

Been sofa slouching and cross stitching most of the day. Gotta pull my brain back into positive asap!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:04 pm
the_priest wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:46 pm Removed 5 exhaust studs that were badly corroded from the 22 year old Triumph Speed Triple block! Very pleased with myself. About to take dog for walk number two in the day. Then heading out tonight for a couple of pints and a curry with the church men! Will be a fun evening.
5 of how many total? 8?
Triple is the clue word in that. 5 of 6 (I had got one out last week). So all six out now. viewtopic.php?t=4192
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Excellent dinner in a little Bistro in Paris. Onion soup, duck confit with pomme sarladaises, prunes poached in wine. Half a bottle of excellent red.

€25 a head in central Paris.

Italian guy with me took exception to my statement that "the French do the best food", which lead to half an hour of animated conversation on the topic.

Excellent dinner all round :lol:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 pm Excellent dinner in a little Bistro in Paris. Onion soup, duck confit with pomme sarladaises, prunes poached in wine. Half a bottle of excellent red.

Italian guy with me took exception to my statement that "the French do the best food", which lead to half an hour of animated conversation on the topic.

Some of the worst food* I've ever eaten was in Fronch.

*Indian.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Whenever our German colleagues visit now they want to go for curry. :lol: Indian food is way better in the UK they tell me.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

the_priest wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:14 pm Triple is the clue word in that. 5 of 6 (I had got one out last week). So all six out now. viewtopic.php?t=4192
Doh! :oops:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:53 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 pm Excellent dinner in a little Bistro in Paris. Onion soup, duck confit with pomme sarladaises, prunes poached in wine. Half a bottle of excellent red.

Some of the worst food* I've ever eaten was in Fronch.

*Indian.
No surprise there. The French dont do spicy food, end of!
A korma would be considered a bit picante locally, a chilli would be les hémorroïdes du diable.