What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Camper is to have a break from routine and demands on us from elderly relatives. Hope to use it once a month a least.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I've come to the conclusion that Triumph Tigers are ridden by utter hipster twats who wear Chino's & tennies.
Last week I had some talentless fucker jump out out front of me because he lacked any clutch control.
Yesterday I had some compete fucking cunt on a Tiger either speed up or swerve onto the wrong side of the road to prevent me passing along Mulholland. He did this at least a dozen times & I briefly considered jumping in front on the inside & taking his front wheel out with the ZX11 rear...
We came up behind two other bikes behind a car & this seemed to confuse him. Gave it the berries & passed all three bikes & the car in one move.
Was hoping he would show up at the RockStore so I could stick my foot in his ass or punch the fucker in the throat, but he must have turned off before then.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Today whilst I was out the front getting stuff out of the boot of the car, I heard that very distinctive sound of the Avro Vulcan.

I could hear those spooling axial flow turbo jets of the Rolls Royce Olympus engines whirring down on its final approach as the pilot retarded the throttles whilst aligning the aircraft with the localiser, bringing a smile to my face.

It was then, that a an electric SUV thing Hyundai drove past - it was that making the sound of our beloved Avro Vulcan. Whatever next?

Anyway, I had been to Tesco. Whilst getting a few bottles of wine in there, I noticed Bud Light was all stacked up at a remarkably low knock down price....hmmmm, wonder why?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ant wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:01 pm Anyway, I had been to Tesco. Whilst getting a few bottles of wine in there, I noticed Bud Light was all stacked up at a remarkably low knock down price....hmmmm, wonder why?
Two employees now on a "leave of absence", I guess taking $6Billion off the value of the company has consequences...
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:08 pm
Ant wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:01 pm Anyway, I had been to Tesco. Whilst getting a few bottles of wine in there, I noticed Bud Light was all stacked up at a remarkably low knock down price....hmmmm, wonder why?
Two employees now on a "leave of absence", I guess taking $6Billion off the value of the company has consequences...
Picked up a couple of cases at the weekend, £12 for 20 bottles, same price it was last year and it still tastes like weak fizzy piss.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:28 pm Picked up a couple of cases at the weekend, £12 for 20 bottles, same price it was last year and it still tastes like weak fizzy piss.
Luckily I have some sort of allergy to their piss water. One mouthful of Budweiser gives me an instant headache.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Looked at vid from yesterday, This may not be a Trumpet..

Ant

Post by Ant »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:40 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:28 pm Picked up a couple of cases at the weekend, £12 for 20 bottles, same price it was last year and it still tastes like weak fizzy piss.
Luckily I have some sort of allergy to their piss water. One mouthful of Budweiser gives me an instant headache.
We've got two bottles of regular Bud left over. The regular stuff I don't mind the taste actually, but I've never tried the light stuff. Usually the utility room is stacked full of Hobgoblin, a proper mans beer (so no idea what I'm doing with it).
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had my test for staphylococcus!!! Only a month before I go in for the leg op! Luckily, not nearly as yucky as the covid test I'll have to have two days before :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

0445 this morning I went to this.
IMG_4225.jpeg
IMG_4225.jpeg (63.43 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Driver needs to buying a lottery ticket!!!
Horse

Post by Horse »

636mick wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:06 pm 0445 this morning I went to this.
IMG_4225.jpeg
Driver needs to buying a lottery ticket!!!
Doesn't look any better from the other side

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

We have water!

Altho TBF, would have probably been better appreciated by whoever owned the house that was on fire...

Dual ST's...

Potter

Post by Potter »

Track day at Oulton.
Some proper cars knocking about here.

I spun out at Lodge, fuel cut-off kicked in and I had to be towed back to my garage after getting the track red flagged. I got some harsh looks as I was towed the full length of the garages.
The shame.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Last minute spur-of-the-moment track evening at Brands.

A bit nippy but dry and bright, only two groups so it seemed like as soon as I'd taken my lid off it was time to put it back on but a very enjoyable way to spend the evening, even though my old man joints seriously ache now!
[Image
cheb

Post by cheb »

Embarked on a lovely Hebridean cruise from Barra down to Oban. Calmish, about F2 or 3 and sunny, 'tis lovely on the observation deck.
wull

Post by wull »

cheb wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:03 am Embarked on a lovely Hebridean cruise from Barra down to Oban. Calmish, about F2 or 3 and sunny, 'tis lovely on the observation deck.
I’ve not been to Oban since 2019, family years ago worked on Mull so we used to meet up in Oban all the time, used to go up on bike a fair bit as well, lovely place.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 pm Track day at Oulton.

I spun out at Lodge, fuel cut-off kicked in and I had to be towed back to my garage after getting the track red flagged. I got some harsh looks as I was towed the full length of the garages.
The shame.
So you finally done the track day then, and you we're worrying about the other cars crashing into you lol!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 pm Track day at Oulton.

The shame.
Is the car alright?
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

I've got a headache!
Spent the morning trying to sort out the fubar car insurance.
The 3rd party agents acting for AXA have decided to not allow the claim as there is a discrepancy (500) in the mileages.
Apparently, once they MAKE the offer, you aren't allowed to drive it any more!
It took them 6 months to make an offer as well.
So, ball's back in AXA's court. So the agent informed me, we will get an interim payment, just not as much as we were offered. Might have to go with plan B and run it into the ground or possibly develop a small but terminal electrical problem iyswim!
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Cycled to Formby Point for the first time this year.Drive train needs a clean now,but it's worth it :thumbup:

How busy's that beach :D