In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: In todays news...

Post by ZRX61 »

Bridgette Watkins, 43, of Summit, AR who allegedly took fawn’s into her home and raised the deer with the intentions of training them to attack hunters was taken into custody Friday.
At the time of the arrest Watkins was in possession of several grams of meth, four deer and many stolen broken electronics.
Attention was drawn to Watkins when she began giving meth to the young deer and they were caught rummaging through people’s garages and back porches.
A homeowner followed one of the deer back to Watkins residence in an attempt to recover his property, he found himself face to face with Watkins wearing only a duct tape bikini disassembling his clock radio.
Charges pending further investigation.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Apparently the alarm signal was really to activate the nanobots in the Covid vaccine. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:56 am
Plus that is different. When you would sneak out with you gun and do what ever you we're doing ,you probably knew you we're being a little naughty, the school promoting the idea would allow the child to think it is fine to walk around shooting stuff with guns, plus it is a major safeguarding issue letting children use guns, i'm amazed you cannot see this!
Who in their right mind sneaks out with a gun to be a bit naughty? The mens rea of this speaks a lot about your mindset.
I was at a mates house my parents didn't want me to visit shooting things with a BB gun, i felt naughty, that's it, stop trolling!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Felix wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:43 am Image
Don't worry, he'll be on the cheap beer and having a dip in the pool.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:56 am
Plus that is different. When you would sneak out with you gun and do what ever you we're doing ,you probably knew you we're being a little naughty, the school promoting the idea would allow the child to think it is fine to walk around shooting stuff with guns, plus it is a major safeguarding issue letting children use guns, i'm amazed you cannot see this!
Who in their right mind sneaks out with a gun to be a bit naughty? The mens rea of this speaks a lot about your mindset.
I was at a mates house my parents didn't want me to visit shooting things with a BB gun, i felt naughty, that's it, stop trolling!
Oh, it's just that I remembered when you said that if there were no laws then all men would go out raping women because that's what you think all men want to do, so I assumed that also in your mind you think that anyone with a firearm has bad intentions in their mind by default.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:37 am
Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 am

Oh, it's just that I remembered when you said that if there were no laws then all men would go out raping women because that's what you think all men want to do, so I assumed that also in your mind you think that anyone with a firearm has bad intentions in their mind by default.
Errrm, please link to where i posted this, if i did say that i must of been a pished when i said it - i think your getting my mixed up with someone else.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65374104

The Labour Party Thought Police strike again, though I find it hard to believe I'm standing up for Dianne Abbott, but she has a right to voice her opinions same as anyone else, just a shame left wing people don't like free speech and can't cope with opinions they don't like.

Maybe Dianne and Jeremy should take another motorcycle tour of Eastern Germany together now they've got the free time.
Honda Owner
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Gonna be chilly in Blighty...

https://news.sky.com/story/snow-forecas ... d-12864855

My offer of free holiday here still stands. And I'll get you a nice GasGas EC300 to ride :)
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 273 times
55c591bb-d70a-45db-9d0e-4610decdea79.jpg
55c591bb-d70a-45db-9d0e-4610decdea79.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 269 times
cheb

Post by cheb »

When do they put up the pylons for the substation's cables?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

cheb wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:52 pm When do they put up the pylons for the substation's cables?
Those were water pipes from the pool to be heated by the sun.
Not enough water in them to be of any use.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Potter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:37 am Oh, it's just that I remembered when you said that if there were no laws then all men would go out raping women because that's what you think all men want to do, so I assumed that also in your mind you think that anyone with a firearm has bad intentions in their mind by default.
Just wait until he finds out his mum is a prostitute because she has the correct equipment...
Ant

Post by Ant »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:27 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65374104

The Labour Party Thought Police strike again, though I find it hard to believe I'm standing up for Dianne Abbott, but she has a right to voice her opinions same as anyone else, just a shame left wing people don't like free speech and can't cope with opinions they don't like.

Maybe Dianne and Jeremy should take another motorcycle tour of Eastern Germany together now they've got the free time.
Dianne does have a right to be racist and anti-semitic, a right which she uses. But, ultimately not everyone will agree with her or want to align themselves with those views.

So I wouldn't call it thought police exactly, hate should be stamped out. Perhaps she should stand as an independent if she wants to run with her hate, racism and anti-semitism.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Ant wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:54 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:27 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65374104

Dianne does have a right to be racist and anti-semitic, a right which she uses. But, ultimately not everyone will agree with her or want to align themselves with those views.

So I wouldn't call it thought police exactly, hate should be stamped out. Perhaps she should stand as an independent if she wants to run with her hate, racism and anti-semitism.
Let's also remember that, until recently, the then leader of the Labour party endorsed her views.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:41 pm
Potter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:37 am Oh, it's just that I remembered when you said that if there were no laws then all men would go out raping women because that's what you think all men want to do, so I assumed that also in your mind you think that anyone with a firearm has bad intentions in their mind by default.
Just wait until he finds out his mum is a prostitute because she has the correct equipment...
It's a moot point as i never said it, iccy is making it up!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:23 pm
You did, we ripped you for it, but it was on the other forum.

You have this default position where anyone not you must be a scoundrel out to get you.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Fox News just shitcanned Tucker Carlson... The last thing he said on Friday's show was "I'll see you again on Monday".. oh no you fucking won't.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

And CNN just gave Don Lemon the bums rush out the door & didn't even tell him, his agent called him to let him know. Good fucking riddance, a particularly nasty individual who thought he was immune to consequences because he's gay & black..
Horse

Post by Horse »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:23 pm Fox News just shitcanned Tucker Carlson... The last thing he said on Friday's show was "I'll see you again on Monday".. oh no you fucking won't.
The announcement comes just days after Fox News settled a defamation lawsuit from the voting machine company Dominion over its coverage of the 2020 presidential election.

In the lawsuit, Dominion argued that its business was harmed by Fox spreading false claims its machines were rigged against Mr Trump.

The case prompted disclosures of text messages that showed Mr Carlson's private views contrasted with his on-air output.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:58 pm
Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:23 pm
You did, we ripped you for it, but it was on the other forum.

You have this default position where anyone not you must be a scoundrel out to get you.
That was probably 15 years ago, seriously mate!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

America's gain is our loss.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65379194
BBC wrote:Adele joins James Corden for last ever Carpool Karaoke
I know I could choose not to watch his stuff but I can't help thinking it's easier not to watch him when he's in the States.