What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ChrisW

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ChrisW »

Dealt with what happens when my Dad, who's taking 20mg diamorphine daily, has a well meaning friend who gets him a pack of sleeping pills because he's told them he's not been sleeping great. I'd rather have been on a nudie beach.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I spent a lot of yesterday building wicker garden furniture that was like a giant puzzle, it took about six hours to build a table and eight chairs and a ten seat sofa unit with coffee table.

Then I went to practice going sideways up on deserted roads on t'moors.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Wasted morning dicking about on the internet and turning a tablet into an 11" sat nav. Taking wife to Edinburgh later for an MRI what should be fun finding our way round the huge shit hospital.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Worked this morning then met some friends for coffee as they are leaving tomorrow.

Then came home and finally started to build the kitchen trolley thing I bought to try and help me save some space and make better use of storage - downside is that now I REALLY have to sort out the huge space under the bed to make sure things are stored better!!! LOL

Bonus of the day was getting a message that one of the chalet companies had some frozen food to pass on - and me having a bit of space in the freezer for a change (despite just having done a two month shop!! LOL)

So I now have two boxes of haddock fillets in the freezer (not breaded) and no idea what to make - I actually bought fish yesterday to make a fish pie!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Only managed a few hours sleep and installed the washing machine without having a tantrum, mowed the lawn and then spent an hour trying to get SWMBO phone to connect to the washing machine over WiFi and finally managed after deleting it off my phone and resetting the router and washing machine (that was nearly a tantrum).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
wull

Post by wull »

Watched the bikes then washed the bike, degreased the chain and all that usual pish.

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

wull wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:35 pm Watched the bikes then washed the bike, degreased the chain and all that usual pish.

It's not washed, the fairings and wheels are still on ? Back of swingarm? Under the hugger? Engine? Under mudguard? Yikes?
wull

Post by wull »

weeksy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:40 pm
wull wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:35 pm Watched the bikes then washed the bike, degreased the chain and all that usual pish.

It's not washed, the fairings and wheels are still on ? Back of swingarm? Under the hugger? Engine? Under mudguard? Yikes?
Don’t worry they came off next, I always wash the bike first with them on as it’s easier to wash the outside of them when fitted, then once removed I clean the backside, it’s much easier that way.

The sprocket cover was whipped off as usual which means the gear lever and shift rod including QS has to be removed along with the chain guide.

Don’t worry, not my first rodeo 😉
wull

Post by wull »

I always degrease the chain and clean that first before doing the rest of the bike as well.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I was complacent in Lidl, my wife asked if a box would fit in the car and I said 'we have a large estate, of course it will'.
The box turned out to be much bigger than a washing machine and there was no hope, thankfully everything just fit after we trashed the box but I need to think twice in future.
All's well that ends well and she is pleased with the hanging egg chair in the garden.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Gassed up the SBH for the 2nd time this year.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Taking the ZX11 out for a hoon. 4th weekend this month! Gotta get as much riding in as possible before surgery on May 3rd. Probably ride next weekend too :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went to start the Monster. Got some fuel from a friend instead of 'start you bastard spray' cos I have no spray - lifted the tank, it slipped cos somehow the pin securing the rear of the tank has disappeared and that meant the tank moved too far and pulled the wires from a connector under that tank :roll: :roll: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Soooo - going to work out what the connector is, work out if I can reconnect the wires ok, order a securing pin for the rear bracket and go try again later in the week - probably with some 'startyoubastard' spray as I'm sure someone will have been to the valley by then!!!

FFS - I need a second, modern, bike that just works!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Noggin wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:38 pm Went to start the Monster. Got some fuel from a friend instead of 'start you bastard spray' cos I have no spray - lifted the tank, it slipped cos somehow the pin securing the rear of the tank has disappeared and that meant the tank moved too far and pulled the wires from a connector under that tank :roll: :roll: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Soooo - going to work out what the connector is, work out if I can reconnect the wires ok, order a securing pin for the rear bracket and go try again later in the week - probably with some 'startyoubastard' spray as I'm sure someone will have been to the valley by then!!!

FFS - I need a second, modern, bike that just works!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, the joys of owning a thoroughbred?
Wires from tank are probably the low fuel level doobrie.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Found myself in the middle of a cycle race. They dgaf those boys. Followed them for about 5 miles before they went left and I went right. These were just local boys but they were cracking on for 30+ mph most of the time.
TdF goes past us in July, so that should be ........ssssscchhhhhh
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I spent yesterday with my mates at Stafford Classic bike show.
Today I've watched some WSB from Assen,spent a couple of houre gardening,then most of the afternoon messing with my motorbikes.
It's great that I finally have enough time to just potter around on occasion :thumbup:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Out with a mate on his newly purchased 2006 tuono 1000. I did about 30 miles on it and it's great. Seat slightly harder than the MT, pegs slightly higher but bar reach about the same, so pretty comfy.

Didn't find it too choppy low down at all, wind it open and it proper pulls, sounds great even with standard pipes. Clutch a bit heavy, but not a lot. Biggest fault I could find was.....no heated grips, so back to the MT it was. 🙂

An hour from home and the heaven's opened. Torrential rain and hail. Wet left foot and belly. ☹👎
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Returned home after a couple of days away in the camper where we had unexpected sunny weather! Enjoyed it sio much we booked up next weekend. :thumbup:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Taipan wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 pm Returned home after a couple of days away in the camper where we had unexpected sunny weather! Enjoyed it sio much we booked up next weekend. :thumbup:
It's a year since we bought the house in Spain, drove the camper back to the UK and sold it. Not once in the last year have I thought "a weekend away in a van would nice".
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:23 pm
Taipan wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 pm Returned home after a couple of days away in the camper where we had unexpected sunny weather! Enjoyed it sio much we booked up next weekend. :thumbup:
It's a year since we bought the house in Spain, drove the camper back to the UK and sold it. Not once in the last year have I thought "a weekend away in a van would nice".
Occasionally we nip over to Fuertaventura coz loads of beaches to camp on. Maybe once a year.

It's only 30 mins on ferry so often nip over for the day.