In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
wheelnut

Re: In todays news...

Post by wheelnut »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm
I don't see a problem with it, didn't you shoot things as a child?
Golfists, with a black widow catapult. Could hit someone teeing up a put in the arse with a ball bearing from 40 yards from the cover of sand dunes .
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:28 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65320162

Cat killing time, ridding the world of furry little shit machines, one at a time.
Do you honestly think that would of been a good idea?

I love cats and would kill you, literally kill you if anyone touched mine.

I shouldn't post these sort of things on public forums but meh!

I nearly drowned a kid back in school for killing a cat. It was his own cat and he hung it from a tree on the cycle track, i mean, WTF. He was a complete bell end. We found out he done it and i think that day at school he got 3 beatings from 3 different groups and after school i pushed him in the local river and stood on him for a good 30 secs, i would of probably of killed him if it wasn't for my mates dragging me off of him.

Hopefully he hung himself, best thing for him!

He was part of a group that we're going around on cat killing spree's we later found out. Within about a month they all got serious beatings, one got beaten around the head with a baseball bat and was hospitalised, again, hopefully he is dead now, best thing for him.

So yeah, i like cats, don't fuck with my pussies...;)
Human rights activists would then be after you for killing a human.
Ant

Post by Ant »

*Woke Alert*

Comedian tour cancelled as the comedian stated a fact, that men can't get pregnant....

https://talk.tv/news/12138/comedians-to ... 1681913869
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:21 pm
Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm Do you honestly think that would of been a good idea?

I love cats and would kill you, literally kill you if anyone touched mine.

I shouldn't post these sort of things on public forums but meh!

I nearly drowned a kid back in school for killing a cat. It was his own cat and he hung it from a tree on the cycle track, i mean, WTF. He was a complete bell end. We found out he done it and i think that day at school he got 3 beatings from 3 different groups and after school i pushed him in the local river and stood on him for a good 30 secs, i would of probably of killed him if it wasn't for my mates dragging me off of him.

Hopefully he hung himself, best thing for him!

He was part of a group that we're going around on cat killing spree's we later found out. Within about a month they all got serious beatings, one got beaten around the head with a baseball bat and was hospitalised, again, hopefully he is dead now, best thing for him.

So yeah, i like cats, don't fuck with my pussies...;)
Lay off the drugs ya fucking psychopath...
This was when i was about 15, get a grip.

I didn't used to do any drugs back then!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Not arming school kids with guns that's for sure!
The first time I used an FN-FAL (actually an L1A1 for the pedantic) I was 15 and still at school, I've not turned into a psycho killer or even a gun nut, if you teach people how to use guns properly and safely they don't become obsessed with them, or see them as status symbols.
No.

Ok i had the odd day when i met up with a mate who lived in the sticks who had an air rifle and we used to shoot targets, but not living things. I have always lived in the city so these sort of things were not the norm.

Plus that is different. When you would sneak out with you gun and do what ever you we're doing ,you probably knew you we're being a little naughty, the school promoting the idea would allow the child to think it is fine to walk around shooting stuff with guns, plus it is a major safeguarding issue letting children use guns, i'm amazed you cannot see this!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:23 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm I don't see a problem with it, didn't you shoot things as a child?
The first time I used an FN-FAL (actually an L1A1 for the pedantic) I was 15 and still at school, I've not turned into a psycho killer or even a gun nut, if you teach people how to use guns properly and safely they don't become obsessed with them, or see them as status symbols.
One of the schools I attended had a shooting range we got to use with .303's.
That must be why the USA have little to zero gun crimes these days, no wait!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

I don't see the problem with arming 15 year olds. The government gave me a rifle (Lee Enfield 303) when I was 16 years old. I learnt how to use it and I haven't killed anybody.

Yet.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65325064

Letting 65 year olds have guns appears to be more of a problem than letting 15 year olds - and yes, I have selectively picked that story to make my point
Honda Owner
Ant

Post by Ant »

*woke alert*

How woke can you go?

More woke adverts trying to tell people what to do, seen on TV.

westers151

Post by westers151 »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:56 am
Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Not arming school kids with guns that's for sure!
No.

Ok i had the odd day when i met up with a mate who lived in the sticks who had an air rifle and we used to shoot targets, but not living things. I have always lived in the city so these sort of things were not the norm.

Plus that is different. When you would sneak out with you gun and do what ever you we're doing ,you probably knew you we're being a little naughty, the school promoting the idea would allow the child to think it is fine to walk around shooting stuff with guns, plus it is a major safeguarding issue letting children use guns, i'm amazed you cannot see this!
Saga Lout wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:41 am I don't see the problem with arming 15 year olds. The government gave me a rifle (Lee Enfield 303) when I was 16 years old. I learnt how to use it and I haven't killed anybody.

Yet.
I agree with both of you. Teaching a child in a responsible manner how to deal with weapons, is sensible. I say weapons as that covers archery as well as shooting. There are plenty of children who attend organised archery classes and are taught how to safely use such a weapon;

Creating a competition for kids to kill the most cats does seem to be a strange decision. Competitive target shooting for kids would be far more appropriate if kids want to do something competitive with the weapons (like archery).
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Ant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:48 am *woke alert*

How woke can you go?

I'm not sure that's woke, more like don't be an arsehole. The world could cope with people being a bit less nasty but progressives don't have much else in ther arsenal.
westers151

Post by westers151 »

How woke can you go?

Not really woke, and not new. The phrase, "If you haven't got anything nice to say don't say it all" has been around for decades, and is a sensible bit of advice for living cordially in society. Unfortunately now that the potential impact of saying something not nice has been removed (a sound kicking), people can be insulting with impunity.

It's all about context. If you're tweeting a particular view you should expect others to have a different view, but no need to go full on insult with your first response. Likewise if you're posting videos on Youtube about, for example, building a custom bike, and your work is shoddy/dangerous, then you can expect comments in that manner. Again, there's a big difference between saying, "not my cup of tea, but horse for courses", and "that's shit".

Someone posting a photo online for their friends to see, doesn't warrant comments from random strangers, so yes, why would you do that?

Edit: Mussels said it in far fewer words :lol:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

How woke can you go?

You do know you can just ignore all these videos if you don't like them right, they are not forcing you to watch them.

I find the non-woke brigade like to involve themselves more in the woke community more so than the woke community, why is that?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:59 pm
You do know you can just ignore all these videos if you don't like them right, they are not forcing you to watch them.
Yes
Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:59 pm I find the non-woke brigade like to involve themselves more in the woke community more so than the woke community, why is that?
Are you suggesting the segregation of people simply for having different views?

How very 1930s Germany of you.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Ant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:34 pm
Yes
Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:59 pm I find the non-woke brigade like to involve themselves more in the woke community more so than the woke community, why is that?

No i am saying that seemingly non-woke people have more interest in the woke social media posts than those who consider themselves woke.

Most of your links for instance are trying to make fun of woke stuff, why don't you just ignore it, all you are doing is promoting the videos even more!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:53 pm
Yes

No i am saying that seemingly non-woke people have more interest in the woke social media posts than those who consider themselves woke.

Most of your links for instance are trying to make fun of woke stuff, why don't you just ignore it, all you are doing is promoting the videos even more!
So are you saying I'm the RTTL woke promotions officer?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Ant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Yes

Pretty much...:)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

If you have to be told not be a cunt, then an advert on ITV between some brain dead telly programme ain't gonna make you less of a cunt.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:05 pm
Ant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Pretty much...:)
Well we need to get some titles sorted, this could be a new department.

Officer Commanding Woke Wing

We'll need some Woke Administration Officers too, which could be at a junior level plus an appointed PR person.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Ant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:40 pm *Woke Alert*

Comedian tour cancelled as the comedian stated a fact, that men can't get pregnant....

https://talk.tv/news/12138/comedians-to ... 1681913869
He cancelled his own tour after claiming that some of the venues pulled out after he repeatedly targeted an individual trans person online. He also described trans people as 'mentally ill' and 'a minority group of freaks and weirdos'.
All this from a black, gay, former drug addict with mental health issues who has previously complained of receiving online abuse because of his sexuality and ethnicity...