In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
gremlin

Re: In todays news...

Post by gremlin »

I'm feeling a bit of an anti-cat vibe here.... :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:41 pm I'm feeling a bit of an anti-cat vibe here.... :D
Yeah, but I like pussy.
Honda Owner
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:28 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65320162

Cat killing time, ridding the world of furry little shit machines, one at a time.
Do you honestly think that would of been a good idea?

I love cats and would kill you, literally kill you if anyone touched mine.

I shouldn't post these sort of things on public forums but meh!

I nearly drowned a kid back in school for killing a cat. It was his own cat and he hung it from a tree on the cycle track, i mean, WTF. He was a complete bell end. We found out he done it and i think that day at school he got 3 beatings from 3 different groups and after school i pushed him in the local river and stood on him for a good 30 secs, i would of probably of killed him if it wasn't for my mates dragging me off of him.

Hopefully he hung himself, best thing for him!

He was part of a group that we're going around on cat killing spree's we later found out. Within about a month they all got serious beatings, one got beaten around the head with a baseball bat and was hospitalised, again, hopefully he is dead now, best thing for him.

So yeah, i like cats, don't fuck with my pussies...;)
Le_Fromage_Grande

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:28 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65320162

Cat killing time, ridding the world of furry little shit machines, one at a time.

Yes.
Honda Owner
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:41 pm I'm feeling a bit of an anti-cat vibe here.... :D
Le_Fromage_Grande

Honda Owner
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:57 pm
Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Yes.
You think arming school children and a school supporting them to go out shooting things is a good idea?

What if that happened and the kids also thought it ok to shoot your kids, would that be ok?

You should move to the USA.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm

You think arming school children and a school supporting them to go out shooting things is a good idea?

What if that happened and the kids also thought it ok to shoot your kids, would that be ok?

1. Yes, everyone should learn about killing things and where meat comes from.
2. Obviously not, but part of teaching people to use firearms is teaching them the difference between right and wrong, you don't need a gun to kill things.
3. Already done that and moved back, the bigger problem in the USA is the lack of education about firearms.

What's your suggestion for getting rid of feral cats in New Zealand?

BTW have you made a little tin foil hat for your cat?
Honda Owner
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Feral cats are a problem though. My neighbour (a bit of a rebel, called herself an anarchist - this may be relevant) had some cats and let them just breed away in a cat-themed hippy commune in her garden. She was supposed to have them neutered but she couldn't-be-bothered / too-expensive / impacted-their-feline-rights. So what we got was flipping packs of really scrawny looking interbred cats, fighting all night, taunting the neighbourhood dogs, doing their unspeakable shites all over the place. They weren't housecats - too much of a pain in the arse and not very nice. By any other name they were vermin.

Eventually she just killed them all (bored them to death or strangled them in their sleep) and moved. Solidarity sister!
Last edited by DefTrap on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:32 pm
Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm

1. Yes, everyone should learn about killing things and where meat comes from.
2. Obviously not, but part of teaching people to use firearms is teaching them the difference between right and wrong, you don't need a gun to kill things.
3. Already done that and moved back, the bigger problem in the USA is the lack of education about firearms.

What's your suggestion for getting rid of feral cats in New Zealand?

BTW have you made a little tin foil hat for your cat?
Not arming school kids with guns that's for sure!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I enjoy the thought process if nothing else.

"We need to do something about the overpopulation of feral cats"

"I know, lets pay kids to kill them".

:D
Horse

Post by Horse »

How long would it have been before an enterprising kid caught a few pairs and set up a breeding & killing programme?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Not arming school kids with guns that's for sure!
I don't see a problem with it, didn't you shoot things as a child?
The first time I used an FN-FAL (actually an L1A1 for the pedantic) I was 15 and still at school, I've not turned into a psycho killer or even a gun nut, if you teach people how to use guns properly and safely they don't become obsessed with them, or see them as status symbols.
Honda Owner
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm
I don't see a problem with it, didn't you shoot things as a child?
The first time I used an FN-FAL (actually an L1A1 for the pedantic) I was 15 and still at school, I've not turned into a psycho killer or even a gun nut, if you teach people how to use guns properly and safely they don't become obsessed with them, or see them as status symbols.
Boy scouts aged 12 years, here have an air rifle.
Air Cadets aged 13 or maybe 14, here have a selection of full bore rifles to use.

Happy days.
Le_Fromage_Grande

This is annoying, now I've thought how I'd deal with feral cats, I'd put some very cheap cat food out, trap all the cats that came to eat it, test them for pet micro chips, any with chips - inform the owners to come and get them, any without keep in pens for a week so people can see if their missing cat is amongst them, any left after a week get gassed or poisoned, whichever is cheapest / causes the cat least pain, ideally causes the cat no pain.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I fired Enfield .22s and L98's in my early teens and in my adult life I've only killed a few tramps and homeless people, so nowhere near a psychopath.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:45 pm This is annoying, now I've thought how I'd deal with feral cats, I'd put some very cheap cat food out, trap all the cats that came to eat it, test them for pet micro chips, any with chips - inform the owners to come and get them, any without keep in pens for a week so people can see if their missing cat is amongst them, any left after a week get gassed or poisoned, whichever is cheapest / causes the cat least pain, ideally causes the cat no pain.
Feral leopards with a taste for cat flesh would be cheaper. Then feral Tigers for the leopards. Then you'll be wondering why you ever worried about the feral cats :thumbup:
irie

Post by irie »

irie wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:25 am
irie wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:16 pm On top of trying to explain where most of the £600,000 collected for the Indy campaign went, the SNP stand to lose their Westminster public funding.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics ... tor-chaos/
The SNP is facing the loss of more than £1million of public funds if it cannot find a new auditor to sign off its Westminster finances, it has emerged.

The party’s Westminster Group, which relies on money from the Commons authorities to pay staff wages, needs to find new auditors by May 31 to avoid a cash crisis.
What auditors would risk signing off SNP accounts in the middle of a police investigation into SNP finances?

The SNP are £bankrupt, although I expect some fudge will be found to keep Billy Bunter in pies
And it gets worse! Guess we haven't seen anything yet ...

https://news.sky.com/story/man-71-arres ... s-12859902
SNP treasurer Colin Beattie arrested by police investigating party's finances

The arrest comes after Peter Murrell, the SNP's former chief executive and Nicola Sturgeon's husband, was detained by police earlier this month.
Beattie just resigned, wonder who's next?

SNP currently has neither a Chief Executive nor a Treasurer.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Greenman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm Do you honestly think that would of been a good idea?

I love cats and would kill you, literally kill you if anyone touched mine.

I shouldn't post these sort of things on public forums but meh!

I nearly drowned a kid back in school for killing a cat. It was his own cat and he hung it from a tree on the cycle track, i mean, WTF. He was a complete bell end. We found out he done it and i think that day at school he got 3 beatings from 3 different groups and after school i pushed him in the local river and stood on him for a good 30 secs, i would of probably of killed him if it wasn't for my mates dragging me off of him.

Hopefully he hung himself, best thing for him!

He was part of a group that we're going around on cat killing spree's we later found out. Within about a month they all got serious beatings, one got beaten around the head with a baseball bat and was hospitalised, again, hopefully he is dead now, best thing for him.

So yeah, i like cats, don't fuck with my pussies...;)
Lay off the drugs ya fucking psychopath...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm I don't see a problem with it, didn't you shoot things as a child?
One of the schools I attended had a shooting range we got to use with .303's.