What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by 636mick »

Did gardening at the girlfriends. This involved cutting all the dead wood out of a conifer, lots and lots of dead wood!!
She saw a snake in the garden a few weeks back and seems to have a phobia about them now. Not seen one before or since but they worry her!
Now having a soak in the bath. That’s an image you didn’t want isn’t it!!!
Cheers
Mick
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Packed away all of the garden furniture - summer is over 😫
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The wife's phone battery decided to die, plus its got smashed screen and the real death knell for it was its too old to run the NHS covid-19 app. So i was charged with getting her a new phone, so i did. Sort of. I actually got myself a 11 pro max and she's got my old 7+! Up here for thinking! :thumbup:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm too old to run the NHS covid-19 app.
Did my first bunch of "check ins" using the official NHS QR codes and the App today.

I also got a new phone today, after checking in, so that was somewhat pointless wasn't it :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Wished my little baby girl a happy 16th birthday.

16?! Where the fuck did those years go? :o
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Spent yesterday afternoon and evening with an increasing sense of anxiety! My Daughter landed in Dalaman just before midday but we never got the usual "We've landed" text and later on still no "We're at the hotel its lovely and weather hot" text either! Nothing on the socials as well. :think: By about 8 o'clock the wife was getting really anxious and worried. Finally a text arrives. Turkey outside EU so no data and hotel wifi wasn't working. Phew! :D
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Taipan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:52 am Spent yesterday afternoon and evening with an increasing sense of anxiety! My Daughter landed in Dalaman just before midday but we never got the usual "We've landed" text and later on still no "We're at the hotel its lovely and weather hot" text either! Nothing on the socials as well. :think: By about 8 o'clock the wife was getting really anxious and worried. Finally a text arrives. Turkey outside EU so no data and hotel wifi wasn't working. Phew! :D
Where is she staying Taipan? I'll find my most embarrassing disco outfit and check up on her for you! :D :D :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 am Wished my little baby girl a happy 16th birthday.

16?! Where the fuck did those years go? :o
Mine just left home for her own house a week ago. That's 25 years disappeared.... :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Maid comes by every other Monday to blitz the house. Every week she rearranges everything in the bathrooms the complete opposite of how it was before she showed up.
This morning I did it before she got here thinking that she'd put everything back as it usually is.

Nope, for once she put everything back exactly as she found it...
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pm Maid comes by every other Monday to blitz the house. Every week she rearranges everything in the bathrooms the complete opposite of how it was before she showed up.
This morning I did it before she got here thinking that she'd put everything back as it usually is.

She thinks she has you trained :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Arranged to meet a plumber at 8am this morning. He was on time! 😮 He had the wrong parts with him but he was on time! 🙄😄
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 am Arranged to meet a plumber at 8am this morning. He was on time! 😮 He had the wrong parts with him but he was on time! 🙄😄
Is this the same guy you had grief with before?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Horse wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:43 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 am Arranged to meet a plumber at 8am this morning. He was on time! 😮 He had the wrong parts with him but he was on time! 🙄😄
Is this the same guy you had grief with before?
He’s a good guy but he’s too helpful lol. He always squeezes jobs in for people which kills his time management! Great plumbing, shit admin! 🙄😀
Potter

Post by Potter »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pm Maid comes by every other Monday to blitz the house. Every week she rearranges everything in the bathrooms the complete opposite of how it was before she showed up.

It sounds trivial but this annoys the shit out of me, our maid puts things away in the most bizarre places, for example she put my Vans trainers in the back of my wife's wardrobe under some old towels, I literally thought I'd lost them and then weeks later we found them when we were looking for something else.
She's now banned from touching my stuff.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Trivial, nah mate it's WAY beyond that :)

you posey snobby fucker.

I thought you were a proud northerner

:shock: :1
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Harry wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

It sounds trivial but this annoys the shit out of me, our maid puts things away in the most bizarre places, for example she put my Vans trainers in the back of my wife's wardrobe under some old towels, I literally thought I'd lost them and then weeks later we found them when we were looking for something else.
I'd have tried RELATE first...
cheb

Post by cheb »

Spent £35 to prove something I already knew: I'd be terrible at fitting window film. It'll do a job, but look terrible. I'll get the hair drier out later.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Fitted an Orange headlamp protector to the Blade - period correct bit of bling.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Harry wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

But what watch does she wear? :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 pm Trivial, nah mate it's WAY beyond that :)

you posey snobby fucker.

I thought you were a proud northerner

:shock: :1
I know you're on a wind up but it's a shame that some people in the UK have actually been conditioned to think like this.

I heard a story about a guy that goes every day to the barbers to get a shave, and his friend asked him why he didn't buy razors so he could do it himself and save a load of money. The guy responded that he makes his living and he feels that it's his responsibility to help the barber make his too.

I don't need a maid, I can hoover my own house, I'm no one important and even if I was no one is important enough not to make their own bed, but the maid needs to earn a living, so does the gardener, so does the bloke that washes my car every morning, etc.
I tip the bloke that puts petrol in my car even though I could do it myself and save the tip.

Next time you see an advert or a bloke knocks on the door to ask if you want your garden doing, consider that he might actually be going under and needs the work, rather than thinking that you'll do it yourself and not share the money around. And if he doesn't do it perfectly you can still pay him and have a moan about it on here.

You bunch of miserable scroogey bastards.