Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Current affairs, Politics, News.

Should America restrict gun use?

Yes
21%
No
21%
Also yes because for fucks sake
46%
I live in the redneck territories of Kent and Essex and think we need more guns.
13%

Total votes: 24

Ant

Re: Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Post by Ant »

It's all a bit of a witch hunt over Trump just because he put his willy inside a lady.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:03 am I'm not supporting anyone, i just think Screwd is reading too much into what are undeniably facts. He's quite right about the IRS example, but he didn't preface the "big uplift in enforcement" statement with the "prior 10 years had a wind down" info either.

All these things are the same, absolute cherry picking of the facts. I know Screwd can do skepticism and I'd like to think he doesn't mind the alternative interpretation of things being pointed out.
Ah, the old "cherry picking" excuse. Sorry but what you display here is an acceptance of facts you like and denial of those you don't.

Fox news were accused of "cherry picking" when they showed that after years of being told that the "insurrection" was the most violent event since the civil war, the actual footage from inside the building showed people just wandering around aimlessly. The facts did not support the horrific levels of hyperbole from the mainstream media so they denounce it. With one voice. The party line they are told to use.

Not only that but once again every single outlet being paid to spout the party line used the exact same words. Exact. Same. Words.

Like "insurrection" to describe the capitol riot.
"White Supremicist" for Kyle Rittenhouse when he shot at Antifa/BLM rioters when they were about to tear him apart.
"Russian disinformation" regarding anything they can't find plausible deniability for.

It's all bollocks and the truth is, it is bollocks from both sides. I appreciate how much easier to would be to mindlessly accept the mainstream media narrative, to follow the herd. I must therefore accept that I do indeed present facts with a "bias" which is counter to that narrative.

That my friends is what we call an opinion.

I do this because whereas Trump was indeed an asshole, he did not try to destroy the foundations of democracy by weaponising the machinery of public office against dissenters. Nor did he appear to be such an obvious pot plant that any sane person could tell he couldn't run bath let alone the most powerful nation on earth. This places control of political strategy behind the scenes, into the hands of the rich and powerful. The corporatisation of political decision making, where "profit rules and fuck the humanity" has destabilised the entire western economy.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:09 am FFS

Trump was a clown, he banged a hooker and isn't a very nice bloke, Biden is a puppet, the Hunter laptop is very real and the Bidens are going after the shop that released the data, etc.

They're all up their necks in corruption.
Anyone that thinks Trump didn't lie and bang the hooker or that the Bidens didn't make money out of China and Ukraine, is a bit simple.

It's entirely possible to dislike both, but what is incredibly stupid is to support a corrupt leader just because he's wearing your colours.
I'd like to think that the reason some of you are supporting Biden is just pure ignorance, but I suspect that even when the truth eventually comes out, just like Clinton and Lewinski, that you'll still support him because he's your man.

The western media has dumbed you down to genuine stupidity levels that have castrated any hope of emancipation. Any attempt at a workers movement is well and truly dead, you're literally not capable of any independent enquiry, let alone a rational argument for change.
Lolz.

You've been so busy laying into Biden that you seem to have created some imaginary 'support'. I'd agree that he's up to his neck in 'something' - the main problem I have is that the protagonists who are front and center outing him are prime loonies, so I'm taking their 'evidence and truth' with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: And because 'support for Trump' is shown clear as day in the last couple of posts.
Ant

Post by Ant »

8-) Make America great again 8-)
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Lol I honestly can't recall anyone on here 'supporting' Biden, though it's quite possible that I missed it. It feels like more of a reaction to the constant (and now annoying) way every thread seems to end up back at the same place, the Biden mafia and the Hunter laptop. He comes across as a dithering old man who has no place being the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet. The fact that the sitting president's only hope of beating this dithering old man was by means of a scandal shows how broke the American political system is.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

FFS. You lot have been protesting about "conspiracy theory" and "Fox news" hoaxes for years.

There are perhaps as many as three members I can think of who haven't swallowed the mainstream media lies hook line and sinker.

I have spent YEARS pointing out these obvious (to me) lies and YEARS being told I am some sort of lunatic.

Note: those who shout loudest NEVER respond to the factual information which leads to my conclusion(s), only that I am a nutter and therefore everything I say is wrong or scream "conspiracy theory". HB laptop, Great Reset, Biden mafia, I never get a sensible answer to my observations, just mindless insults directed at me.

Now suddenly you're suggesting you knew this stuff all along. I don't just mean "you" @Hoonercat I am waving my arms in the general direction of this forum...
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

In fairness though, how is anyone supposed to refute the things you day about the Biden Mafia etc?

Take the tax thing...it's pretty irrefutable that the IRS is significantly increasing it's capability under Biden. There are no facts available - how could there be? - that this is because "The Dems" want to intimidate political opponents. That would require proof of motivation which is of course essentially impossible to get.

I just don't see this big background picture you feel is so obvious. Totally agree that everyone involved on all sides stinks. When has that not been the case in politics? If anything (IMO) it is actually more open and transparent now than its ever been, which is why it looks so shitty. Twas ever thus, we can just see it now.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:57 am
Now suddenly you're suggesting you knew this stuff all along.
Some of the Biden stuff sounds plausible, so yes well done.
But you might have got here slightly earlier if you hadn't, and continue to, mix it in with all the fecking hogwash conspiracy-fantasy. If it looks like a duck ...
And you seem to thrive on being some sort of internet Columbo anyway.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Let's at least keep it real, on this forum you can post anything you want about Trump and it's unlikely to be disputed, in fact it will be snatched up and relished, but post anything about Biden and we arrive at the very point we're at now.

It's not exactly support one way or the other, but if it's not biased I'll eat the bumming hat.

Now you all seem to be grudgingly admitting that Screwdriver is probably right about a lot of this, but it's his fault for you not believing it until now because he keeps adding additional information that you won't believe until next month :D
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Nah, some of you on here defended Trump to the hilt, in jest or in truth or in a fugg of just being addled or easily led - it's hard to tell, you probably found it hard to tell. And some still do - "the attack on the Capitol is a conspiracy" for example. It's bollocks. The Covid conspiracy - also total bollocks. In fact 90% of what comes out of the usual suspects' mouths is verifiable bollocks dressed up as truth the sheep won't listen to.
So back atcha with the hypocrisy of "it's not exactly support". Like you, I'm happy to take the piss out of of iffy nonsense where I see it.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:12 pm In fairness though, how is anyone supposed to refute the things you day about the Biden Mafia etc?

Take the tax thing...it's pretty irrefutable that the IRS is significantly increasing it's capability under Biden. There are no facts available - how could there be? - that this is because "The Dems" want to intimidate political opponents. That would require proof of motivation which is of course essentially impossible to get.

I just don't see this big background picture you feel is so obvious. Totally agree that everyone involved on all sides stinks. When has that not been the case in politics? If anything (IMO) it is actually more open and transparent now than its ever been, which is why it looks so shitty. Twas ever thus, we can just see it now.
How do you refute the "Biden mafia"? Easy, tell me I am wrong about the millions of dollars his family receive directly from the CCP. Diamonds too by all accounts, plus the famous "spitball" "art" Hunter was being paid hundreds of thousands for from <undisclosed for national security reasons>. What about the Biden involvement in Ukraine, is that not true either?

Was his drug addled son not being paid tens of thousands per month at Burisma? If you accept that, for what exactly was he being paid? Anyway, it is being pursued now, the HB laptop has led to the discovery of multiple payments being distributed to the Biden family. Actual factual records of bank transactions. But hey, now you'll tell me you knew that all along and that's just business-as-usual.

I honestly don't know why the Democratic party seem to think it's a good idea for stricter policing of their own citizens. The recent Matt Taibbi affair should throw up a warning flag at the very least. Given that the sitting government unquestionably have been manipulating and censoring social media (see "the Twitter files"), they appear to be determined to enforce their party politics by whatever means necessary. Did they have embedded FBI agents in the crowd during Jan 6th, encouraging people to "storm" the building. Who knows? Very probably and I say that having watched a fair few senate hearings where representatives decline to answer that direct question, on grounds of national security. Yeah right.

So my "assumption" if you like is that they are weaponising yet another state system to exert tighter control of the narrative. Speak out and we will come after you sort of thing. There is evidence for that type of "policing" by intimidation, circumstantial yes but there is a shit ton of it!
Plato
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Potter wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:33 pm Let's at least keep it real, on this forum you can post anything you want about Trump and it's unlikely to be disputed,
He's a great bloke, and his wife is fit as fuck.
Honda Owner
Ant

Post by Ant »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:55 pm
Potter wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:33 pm Let's at least keep it real, on this forum you can post anything you want about Trump and it's unlikely to be disputed,
That's the ultimate problem, he has a hot wife, tons of money......what's there to not be bitter and jealous over?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Two posts I saw on FB this weekend...

We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended.

The ruling party is trying to jail the opposition leader like a third world dictatorship
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ant wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:21 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:55 pm
That's the ultimate problem, he has a hot wife, tons of money......what's there to not be bitter and jealous over?

He's got more hair than me too.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:49 pm .... like a third world dictatorship
I always wonder whether Third World Dictatorships get upset by this sort of unfair association. ;)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:49 pm The ruling party is trying to jail the opposition leader like a third world dictatorship
Real dictatorhips would have jailed (or offed) him long ago. For a dictator Biden is piss poor, Trump would have incited a riot.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm Real dictatorhips would have jailed (or offed) him long ago. For a dictator Biden is piss poor, Trump would have incited a riot.
Biden is just a puppet.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:28 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm Real dictatorhips would have jailed (or offed) him long ago. For a dictator Biden is piss poor, Trump would have incited a riot.
Biden is just a puppet.
OK, so Biden's puppet master is piss poor as a dictator. So nothing to worry about.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm Real dictatorhips would have jailed (or offed) him long ago.
I must admit, I do quite like the concept of Dictator-hips.

Carry on.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.