Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Current affairs, Politics, News.

Should America restrict gun use?

Yes
21%
No
21%
Also yes because for fucks sake
46%
I live in the redneck territories of Kent and Essex and think we need more guns.
13%

Total votes: 24

Ant

Re: Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Post by Ant »

Trump 2024 :thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 am Dictators never like guns in the hands of Joe Public. One of Hitler's first actions was to require all guns to be registered, after that they were restricted to his own supporters, Nazi Party members.
Interestingly, after declaring war on terrorists/homophobes/transphobes <basically how they refer to Republicans/Trump supporters> Biden decided to hire 100,000 more IRS agents to "go after" the enemy. Interesting because he has also decided to arm them. Will also be interesting to see who they go after first - after they've finished with Matt Taibbi.

Surprised they didn't go "all in" and arm their Antifa/BLM allies (the paramilitary wing of the Biden admin a.k.a. Brownshirts) instead of merely refusing to arrest them - for anything!

Are you getting your talking points off the wheel of distraction, we've had the Hunter Bidens Laptop, Antifa, and I'm fairly sure there's beena few more.
[media] [/media]
Its reading like Fox News bud.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm Interestingly, after declaring war on terrorists/homophobes/transphobes <basically how they refer to Republicans/Trump supporters> Biden decided to hire 100,000 more IRS agents to "go after" the enemy. Interesting because he has also decided to arm them. Will also be interesting to see who they go after first - after they've finished with Matt Taibbi.

Surprised they didn't go "all in" and arm their Antifa/BLM allies (the paramilitary wing of the Biden admin a.k.a. Brownshirts) instead of merely refusing to arrest them - for anything!
Come on Screwd - you’re better than this. These things aren’t difficult to check the facts on. :(
Ant

Post by Ant »

Yeah come on screwd, get off the track which the left don't like to talk about.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:19 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm Biden decided to hire 100,000 more IRS agents to "go after" the enemy.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... ening.html
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:32 pm Don't go bringing facts to a conspiracy party.
demographic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:03 pm Are you getting your talking points off the wheel of distraction, we've had the Hunter Bidens Laptop, Antifa, and I'm fairly sure there's beena few more.
wheelnut wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:19 pm Come on Screwd - you’re better than this. These things aren’t difficult to check the facts on. :(
OK. What the actual fuck?

Mr. Dazzle points to a post that confirms it's 87,000, I said 100k (new, armed, IRS agents) and you gather round like a flock of mindless sheep, nibbling at me.

For fucks sake. WAKE UP! My point stands AND I bet my bottom dollar, it won't be Democrat voting states that get the brunt of this "crackdown".

As for you Demo, the Hunter Biden laptop is genuinely his laptop. It genuinely has a ton of info in it which genuinely led to a document trail proving the Biden mafia have been paid $MILLIONS by the CCP - though in fairness, we don't know what for (yet). However the CCP involvement at the University of Pennsylvania also by coincidence happens to be where Biden inexplicably held a ton of classified documents and through which, the CCP also pay him via the "Penn Biden Centre".

Can't you chaps think for yourselves? Do you just mindlessly believe everything the mainstream media tells you? Can you not see corruption when it's right in front of you?

Trump is being hounded by some fucking mayor for paying off a hooker back in 2016. During that period, the Biden mafia were raking in millions form a corrupt Ukraine before turning the entire country into a clusterfuck and costing us all a fortune in energy price rises. His son, a drug addled crack smoking sex maniac is also paid millions by the CCP. For what? An entire laptop full of incriminating evidence is discovered and not a fucking peep out of the mainstream, let alone the entirely partisan FBI who buried it for years while suggesting "Russian disinformation.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if people are deliberately looking the other way otherwise I would have to conclude you're not looking at all.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

@wheelnut what "facts".

The fact that it is merely 87,000 IRS agents?
The fact that Hunter Bidens laptop reveals a ton of incriminating evidence.

Which "facts" do you dispute or are you just mindlessly following the herd?
Plato
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

It’s an uplift of IRS funding/employees over the next 10 years, to both bolster their investigation ability and replace a workforce that is losing a lot through natural wastage.

HMRC is doing similar - and it must be working as I’ve just had a vat inspection. :(
demographic

Post by demographic »

The tax office being properly funded is a good thing (well, generally) cos it lessens fraud.
Got no problem with it.
The IRS has been chronically underfunded for years.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:04 pm It’s an uplift of IRS funding/employees over the next 10 years, to both bolster their investigation ability and replace a workforce that is losing a lot through natural wastage.

HMRC is doing similar - and it must be working as I’ve just had a vat inspection. :(
So you accept it is real. It is really happening. And yet somehow when I dare express my opinion regarding the potential political motivation behind this crusade, I am crudely insulted by people suggesting it's not true at all.
Plato
demographic

Post by demographic »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:09 pm
wheelnut wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:04 pm It’s an uplift of IRS funding/employees over the next 10 years, to both bolster their investigation ability and replace a workforce that is losing a lot through natural wastage.

So you accept it is real. It is really happening. And yet somehow when I dare express my opinion regarding the potential political motivation behind this crusade, I am crudely insulted by people suggesting it's not true at all.
Its the brownshirt antifa crap that you chuck into it thats like Ant after a few cans of Sterno.
Last edited by demographic on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:09 pm

That's how conversations with the left work.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:09 pm The tax office being properly funded is a good thing (well, generally) cos it lessens fraud.
Got no problem with it.
So you can see the truth now. "Underfunded". LOL. More apologist nonsense for the gigantic Biden admin overspend.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood ... forcement/

But since you believe it now, why did you poke fun at my observation, likening to some stupid gameshow I've never heard of?

Is it because you have nothing interesting to say or perhaps you just didn't know until I pointed it out?

I note you've gone quiet about Hunter Bidens laptop. Do you still swallow the bullshit about it being "Russian disinformation"?
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:16 pm Its the brownshirt antifa crap that you chuck into it thats like Ant after a few cans of Sterno.
Bollocks. Put your thinking hat on if you have one.

I was literally responding to a post regarding dictatorships and Hitler.

If you can't follow that, then you should probably be quiet.
Plato
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

demographic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:09 pm The tax office being properly funded is a good thing (well, generally) cos it lessens fraud.
Got no problem with it.
And has 50k staff due to retire in the next 5 years. So an extra 87k turns out to be 37k, which might be just enough to do the job.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:27 pm And has 50k staff due to retire in the next 5 years. So an extra 87k turns out to be 37k, which might be just enough to do the job.
Nope. That's a "Snopes" apology.
Here is the truth:

"That money is more than six times the current annual IRS budget of $12.6 billion. The bill says a whopping $45.6 billion will be for enforcement, which is the main directive from Democrats to the IRS. Get bigger, tougher and faster at collecting. Reports suggest that the IRS will hire 87,000 new agents, and with more than $45 billion being shoveled into enforcement, change is coming."

From the Forbes link I just posted. If you can't be bothered to read what I have written, then don't just jump to conclusions.
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

So, either
- Biden is a silly old fool who needs help to remember names
OR
- Biden is a master criminal with control over numerous US organisations and the global media

The two arent consistent. I'd have more time for IRS conspiracies if the other 'truths', conspiracy over covid testing for example, wasn't so full of nonsense guesswork.

But all threads lead to the same few people, well two, obsessing over this because the truth is out there man.
Potter

Post by Potter »

FFS

Trump was a clown, he banged a hooker and isn't a very nice bloke, Biden is a puppet, the Hunter laptop is very real and the Bidens are going after the shop that released the data, etc.

They're all up their necks in corruption.
Anyone that thinks Trump didn't lie and bang the hooker or that the Bidens didn't make money out of China and Ukraine, is a bit simple.

It's entirely possible to dislike both, but what is incredibly stupid is to support a corrupt leader just because he's wearing your colours.
I'd like to think that the reason some of you are supporting Biden is just pure ignorance, but I suspect that even when the truth eventually comes out, just like Clinton and Lewinski, that you'll still support him because he's your man.

The western media has dumbed you down to genuine stupidity levels that have castrated any hope of emancipation. Any attempt at a workers movement is well and truly dead, you're literally not capable of any independent enquiry, let alone a rational argument for change.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm not supporting anyone, i just think Screwd is reading too much into what are undeniably facts. He's quite right about the IRS example, but he didn't preface the "big uplift in enforcement" statement with the "prior 10 years had a wind down" info either.

All these things are the same, absolute cherry picking of the facts. I know Screwd can do skepticism and I'd like to think he doesn't mind the alternative interpretation of things being pointed out.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

FFS what is the point of a taxation system if it is not enforced? The IRS needs a large injection of cash to catch up.

I have no doubt there are millions of Americans who are incensed that they cannot get their tax queries sorted.

For the record I have zero faith in Biden, a doddery old puppet who is undoubtedly corrupt, or Trump, a nasty piece of shit that I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire. Given that choice I would spoil my ballot paper. Unfortunately, the USA has a system where the choice is always between a rock and a hard place.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Let’s imagine that you have to choose one.

Both liars, one tempted by the Wives of Bath and the other tempted by money from dirty regimes Are you taking the shagger or the one that took the dirty money?