In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Horse

Re: In todays news...

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:35 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:38 pm
I'm on ignore, but reality check for anyone else.
Sorry to disappoint but you're actually on manual ignore.

Until/unless you have anything interesting to say rather than the usual ignorant quips or snide comments about me, you're not worth the attention you crave.
Rather ironic, then, that you snipped that from a post where i was showing how you were being snide about Bill Gates :D Also ironic that you snipped the rest of the post out - but got all uppity with me for doing the same.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:30 pm The big problem is getting people to accept this and change their eating habits. I accept that I need to change my eating habits but I do really like a juicy steak or a leg of lamb.
Best get used to insects. Local news is that Natural England is imposing livestock limits on Dartmoor. One local 5th generation farmer reckons he will need to get rid of 90% of his sheep, and there will be no 6th generation on the farm.

All in the name of 'restoring the ecosystem'. It is unclear what ecosystem them mean, presumably the old scrubby forest that existed in stone-age times. FWIW fewer sheep will mean lots more gorse, heather and bracken within a few years. Good luck walking on that.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:47 am
Potter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:53 am I'm not a fan of Youtube nutter videos, we've got this one featuring JD (who I can't stand and won't click on) and there was one the other day from the left-wing swivel-eyed contingent featuring a very sickly looking bloke in a hoody ranting about Brexit and the Tories from his mums spare room. :lol: viewtopic.php?p=225886#p225886

Basically chaps, if it's on Youtube or Twitter and it is in any way politically charged, then it's more than likely suspect information that you should step back from and find a better news outlet.
I couldn't agree more.
Then stop posting your endless social media fuelled shite! :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:55 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:30 pm The big problem is getting people to accept this and change their eating habits. I accept that I need to change my eating habits but I do really like a juicy steak or a leg of lamb.
Best get used to insects. Local news is that Natural England is imposing livestock limits on Dartmoor. One local 5th generation farmer reckons he will need to get rid of 90% of his sheep, and there will be no 6th generation on the farm.

All in the name of 'restoring the ecosystem'. It is unclear what ecosystem them mean, presumably the old scrubby forest that existed in stone-age times. FWIW fewer sheep will mean lots more gorse, heather and bracken within a few years. Good luck walking on that.
How stupid. The whole point of keeping sheep is that they graze on land that is largely unsuitable for agriculture, unlike cows. It actually forms part of an ecosystem and one that Natural England should be looking to maintain and preserve.

So Water companies can pump raw sewage into rivers and that's all fine and dandy, but grazing sheep on Dartmoor is ruining the ecosystem? Unbelievable.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'm still working through the idea that Jordan Peterson is an 'intellectual'. :lol: This is a man that claimed he went on a diet of beef, salt and water - just before he got addicted to benzodiazepine. He's about as intellectual as David Icke. ie He's a social media money spinner and operates on the basis that there's one born every day. (It seems he's got the last bit right).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:06 pm I'm still working through the idea that Jordan Peterson is an 'intellectual'. :lol: This is a man that claimed he went on a diet of beef, salt and water - just before he got addicted to benzodiazepine. He's about as intellectual as David Icke. ie He's a social media money spinner and operates on the basis that there's one born every day. (It seems he's got the last bit right).
He was prescribed benzodiazepine to calm his anxiety after his wife was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He suffered from a severe reaction to it and to the withdrawal from it.

He is a brilliant man, a professor of psychiatry with a number of bestselling books to his name and possibly one of the worlds greatest thinkers.

What have you done today?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm He is a brilliant man, a professor of psychiatry with a number of bestselling books to his name and possibly one of the worlds greatest thinkers.
That's your opinion. Others are available and equally valid.
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm What have you done today?
Was that really necessary?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:06 pm I'm still working through the idea that Jordan Peterson is an 'intellectual'. :lol: This is a man that claimed he went on a diet of beef, salt and water - just before he got addicted to benzodiazepine. He's about as intellectual as David Icke. ie He's a social media money spinner and operates on the basis that there's one born every day. (It seems he's got the last bit right).
He was prescribed benzodiazepine to calm his anxiety after his wife was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He suffered from a severe reaction to it and to the withdrawal from it.

He is a brilliant man, a professor of psychiatry with a number of bestselling books to his name and possibly one of the worlds greatest thinkers.

What have you done today?
Done some packing for a short holiday.

If you think he's 'one of the world's greatest thinkers' I suggest you haven't set a very high bar and should try to be more discerning. He's a complete and utter fraud. His beef, salt and water diet was before the benzodiazepine. Does that sound like an intellectual diet to you?

PS Is he a current professor of psychiatry at a valid university?
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Jordan Peterson's 12 rules for life, as digested by John Crace.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/ ... ested-read
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:25 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm He is a brilliant man, a professor of psychiatry with a number of bestselling books to his name and possibly one of the worlds greatest thinkers.
That's your opinion. Others are available and equally valid.
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm What have you done today?
Was that really necessary?
There's a syndrome in medicine where a doctor becomes an expert in (for the sake of argument) horses. One day a zebra appears and the doctor immediately assumes it's a horse with a problem. Every time reality (zebra) presents itself to a conspiracy fan, it's a 'horse with a problem'. Hmmm...not sure that worked but you get the picture I'm sure. :D
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

It's like fucking kindergarten in here. :(
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I'd suggest you re-read the 'World's strongest man at Donington' thread. Same kindergarten, different kinder... :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:19 pm I'd suggest you re-read the 'World's strongest man at Donington' thread. Same kindergarten, different kinder... :D
I'm keeping out of that. Mr Angry is at his funniest 🤣
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Is this like Facebook. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Ant

Post by Ant »

Has Aldi got a special on the wine again? Well, it is Friday night I suppose......
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yorick wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:00 pm It's like fucking kindergarten in here. :(
Is that a new kind of kindergarten?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm

Mmm……ok…..
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:29 pm
Done some packing for a short holiday.

Nice. Where are you off to?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:00 pm It's like fucking kindergarten in here. :(
Is that a new kind of kindergarten?
I was going to make a tasteless remark referencing Jimmy Saville, but thought better of it...
Ant

Post by Ant »

Well starmer let him carry on....