In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: In todays news...

Post by mangocrazy »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:05 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am
We are often told migration is a net benefit. Benefit to who you might ask. Well here's a nice little conspiracy theory for you:
That's conspiracy central.

Dutch farmers are protesting because the Dutch government have set limits on nitrogen emissions. Part of the reduction mechanism is to reduce animal herds. According to your video it's got fuck all to do with emissions and everything to do with a land grab so that a giant city can be built. Have I got that right?
You've only got to look at the main protagonist in that vid to realise it's conspiracy central. Jordan Peterson, I think. He's prolific, I'll give him that.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

It's all kicking of in France (again)!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65037507

French workers protesting about having to work another two years before claiming the state pension. Had to laugh: the French bin men had been on strike as their pension age was being upped from 57 to 59.

I've been checking the new and no sign of Noggin setting bins alight or anything.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:41 pm It's all kicking of in France (again)!

French workers protesting about having to work another two years before claiming the state pension. Had to laugh: the French bin men had been on strike as their pension age was being upped from 57 to 59.

I've been checking the new and no sign of Noggin setting bins alight or anything.
It does seem that there are certain professions that should be able to get their pension earlier than others though. Who would want to be, or employ, a 67 year old scaffolder or tree surgeon? They're not really jobs for old folk. One suggestion I read recently was that the earlier in life you start working, the earlier you can get your pension, so graduates would get the state pension at a later age than folk that go to work at 16. Chances are that many graduates can afford to retire before the state pension kicks in? It's not means testing, which the systems/politics couldn't cope with, but it's the germ of an idea. If you've been paying eg NI for x years continuously (through employment, unemployment, child-rearing etc) you qualify perhaps. It does seem wrong that pension should be denied to people in jobs that they really shouldn't be doing at a certain age.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am ...here's a nice little conspiracy theory for you:

Dutch farmers are protesting because the Dutch government have set limits on nitrogen emissions. Part of the reduction mechanism is to reduce animal herds. According to your video it's got fuck all to do with emissions and everything to do with a land grab so that a giant city can be built. Have I got that right?
No. It's not my video, it is an opinion piece that makes some contentious observations which include a section regarding unwanted migration, assuming a general poll of the respective national population would rather it wasn't happening.

I found it interesting that lets say "government sponsored" migration has been weaponised in the past to achieve political aims as described in the video; Stalin, Mau Tse Tung, Pol Pot etc. I don't know how true that analogy is so I offer it here for discussion.

Would you rather talk about me instead?
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:32 pm
No. It's not my video, it is an opinion piece that makes some contentious observations which include a section regarding unwanted migration, assuming a general poll of the respective national population would rather it wasn't happening.

I found it interesting that lets say "government sponsored" migration has been weaponised in the past to achieve political aims as described in the video; Stalin, Mau Tse Tung, Pol Pot etc. I don't know how true that analogy is so I offer it here for discussion.

He states
Let's bring this back to the Netherlands. There's a clear replacement strategy going on. That's what Stalin did with the Holodoor, right?
You think there's a discussion to be had as to whether the Dutch govt's policy is similar to the policy of a man who starved 4 million Ukraines to death, along with imprisoning tens of thousands of intellectuals as a means of stopping Ukraine developing their own sense of national indentity?
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:44 pm What Lineker did was despicable, to compare the UK government to Nazi Germany is insulting to those of us who understand the full horror of that period. Those who do not understand just how trite and insulting such a comparison is can just fuck right off in my book. Godwins rule should apply whether the name Hitler is spelled out or not.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am ...here's a nice little conspiracy theory for you:

The migration bit is interesting as Holland is now the most populated nation in the EU. The Queen of Holland said Holland is full in 1979 (I had to Google the year but knew she'd said it). This article explains stuff about the Dutch population:

https://www.ft.com/content/4c56c9b2-f4a ... 5acebd845d

Now that's out of the way I'd love to talk about you. You've changed. I don't remember you being into stuff like this on the older forums, I've been around since the start of Visordown. I do remember you posting plenty of helpful and informative stuff in the Workshop and Motorcycle based sections. What happened?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:20 pm

He states
Let's bring this back to the Netherlands. There's a clear replacement strategy going on. That's what Stalin did with the Holodoor, right?
You think there's a discussion to be had as to whether the Dutch govt's policy is similar to the policy of a man who starved 4 million Ukraines to death, along with imprisoning tens of thousands of intellectuals as a means of stopping Ukraine developing their own sense of national indentity?
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:44 pm What Lineker did was despicable, to compare the UK government to Nazi Germany is insulting to those of us who understand the full horror of that period. Those who do not understand just how trite and insulting such a comparison is can just fuck right off in my book. Godwins rule should apply whether the name Hitler is spelled out or not.
That's a good call. I don't know is the answer. The video I link to makes that observation and I don't know if it is "true" that Stalin/Mau/PolPot targeted the farmers. If it is true then there is a comparison to be made yes.

It certainly seems to me as if farming is next on the list for the rich and powerful to control rather than "allow" mere peasants to own it. Gates is busy buying up as much of it as he can while at the same time selling the same modern fertilisers into Africa (for example).

Intellectuals (like Jordan Peterson) are being "locked up". They are being vilified, censored, parodied and castigated on social media if they do not parrot the party line and accept the narrative; men can be women, children can choose their own gender and all white people are racist. It is extraordinarily difficult to have any sort of conversation on those deeply divisive topics because the mainstream media have polarised the debate to the extent that anyone who does not blindly accept their propaganda is right wing, racist, Nazi, you name it.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Did the Nazi party start off with death camps in the early 1930s?
Or did they start off with the thin end of the wedge, blaming others, kind of dog whistling to the easily led?

Part of what stops that happening in the UK is strong legislation that generations fought tooth and nail to get in place, and that legislation is being qukckly eroded by our current government.
If you can't see it then I'm honestly sorry for you, have a look for it and youll see it.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I think they're more likely to either ignore it or imply you're a gullible idiot, if you can find me a mainstream media who actually say anyone who doesn't agree is a right-wing Nazi you can win a prize.

There's no need for mainstream media to report all this drivel anyway, there's apparently dozens of unregulated channels of opinion on YouTube making people very good livings out of 100ks of views per episode.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:40 pm
It certainly seems to me as if farming is next on the list for the rich and powerful to control rather than "allow" mere peasants to own it. Gates is busy buying up as much of it as he can while at the same time selling the same modern fertilisers into Africa (for example).
I love the way conspiracy theorists bring up gates with the regularity of a metronome.

As a percentage of North American farmland, how much do you think gates owns?

Land has always been an investment vehicle for the wealthy.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:44 pm
I love the way conspiracy theorists bring up gates with the regularity of a metronome.

Aye the mention of Gates does seem to crop up a fair bit
One belter I heard off a plumber on a site was that the coronavirus vaccine had injectable GPS trackers in it and that Bill gates had made em.

I didn't ask if he'd actually made em personally and I can't remember which version of the vaccine he was chuntering on about but I left the numb cunt in the plant room as soon as I'd fitted a door cos I couldn't be arsed to listen to it.
Horse

Post by Horse »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:44 pm I love the way conspiracy theorists bring up gates with the regularity of a metronome.

If it's just as an investment, you think he'd go for Microsoft shares.

But, seriously, what should he spend his money on to keep everyone happy?
wheelnut wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:44 pm Land has always been an investment vehicle for the wealthy.
About 97% of American farms are small and medium-sized family-owned operations.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Ant

Post by Ant »

gremlin wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:41 pm It's all kicking of in France (again)!

The left wing are revolting! Quite literally in this case!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I am sure they do but that does not make me one of them though the Earth around here is suspiciously flat... :think:

My dog has two legs, does not make him a cat.

Gates in particular because he is the major contributor to the WEF, an unelected body comprised of the world wealthiest individuals and corporate representatives who have an enormous power over our corrupt governments and mainstream media.

Look at our food prices now. Up by 18% year on year. The catastrophic rise in energy prices. At the same time these ultra rich are not only driving the policies which have contributed to this extreme rise in the cost of living, they are also benefitting enormously from it.

The WEF are now courting China, yes the CCP we all know and love. Guess we shouldn't worry about that either.

Is that a conspiracy theory or are the rich and powerful actually conspiring? Lit. to breathe together. I appreciate the dictionary definition of a conspiracy suggests "unlawful" and "secret" and they are making the laws which allow them to do it and make no secret of the fact either (though the responses on this forum make me wonder if anyone else is really following this).

So I guess no, it's not literally a conspiracy but change their activities to "immoral" and "unbelievable" and I would say that's the WEF down to a tee. Is there a word for that or are you just going to scream "conspiracy theory" evey time someone dares to point out the rich have a plan and they're implementing those plans right now.

“By 2030, you’ll own nothing and you’ll be happy.”
Klaus Schwab, WEF founder...

Do you think we'll make it to 2030?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:52 pm

My dog has two legs, does not make him a cat.
Very emphatic ;)
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Assuming that quote is factual, which it isn’t, what is the context surrounding it?
Horse

Post by Horse »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Assuming that quote is factual, which it isn’t, what is the context surrounding it?
Google 'the great reset'

Essentially a return to the feudalism of the middle ages. Or summat. Screwd'll tell you.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:52 pm Look at our food prices now. Up by 18% year on year. The catastrophic rise in energy prices. At the same time these ultra rich are not only driving the policies which have contributed to this extreme rise in the cost of living, they are also benefitting enormously from it.
'Twas ever thus. Anyone who lived through the 1970s will be familiar with the territory we find ourselves in now. The difference is that now the ultra-rich don't make any attempt to hide what they're doing - it's all out there in plain sight. And yes, to a significant extent the ultra-rich are profiting from the massive increase in the cost of living we are seeing. Yes, Covid and the war in Ukraine (and for the UK, Brexit) have contributed greatly to the cost of living rise, but it is the ultra-rich who are best positioned to profit from these geopolitical events, and that is precisely what they have done.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:52 pm My dog has two legs, does not make him a cat.
My cat has four legs. Never knew dogs have only two.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Wait what!!

You are denying the most famous quote to come from that wannabee Bond villain? Yes it caused a furore at the time and yes it has disappeared from both the WEF website and the actual video of him actually saying it has been deleted (but I saw it at the time and posted on here no doubt).

The context is of course "the Great Reset". Klaus describes it in many wonderful terms but basically the "fourth industrial revolution" will be a world ruled by global corporations. Yeah, proper conspiracy nutter theories. Better tell that to all those billionaires who keep saying that's still their plan...