What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by 636mick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am Put my pants on without having to roll around the floor wincing and groaning. Actually stood up and lifted each foot into the hole and pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.

I think the back is on the mend. :thumbup:
I know how that feels, real sense of accomplishment, did you then strut into the kitchen to show off your achievement or was that just me??
Mick
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Spread some happiness - took some homemade chocolate brownies and shared with some friends :D :D :D I rarely eat them, but they make other people so happy that I like to share :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am Put my pants on without having to roll around the floor wincing and groaning. Actually stood up and lifted each foot into the hole and pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.

Pre-bonus meeting ??
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm

Pre-bonus meeting ??
He wouldn't need to pull his trousers up for that. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

A video with a soundtrack or pictures, or it didn't happen.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

cheb wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:12 pm

A video with a soundtrack or pictures, or it didn't happen.
He only sends those to Yorick.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Done a new chilled hip hop mix but couldn't put it on mixcloud as im to skint to pay £9 a month for the pro version.

Money makes a man, i need more money to prove that saying wrong...;)

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Been like that for a number of years now, albeit with socks as my nemesis. My wife used to be a carer and offers to help, but I always say to her, my Mum was the last woman to help me dress and it'll stay like that. Then I struggle, moan and swear, but then victory and then I enjoy the ridiculous sense of achievement putting your own socks on brings! :wtf: :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Glad I'm not as old and knackered as these two Cockney shandy drinkers

:obscene-birdiedoublered:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Early start to drive to Wales for Enduro race
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

So many things I could do! But, due to a hurty knee and just being tired I'm doing stuff that doesn't involve driving or skiing!

Made some pastry this morning - it's in the fridge to be used later
Put a pork hock in the pressure cooker to, well, cook! I thought I'd bought a roasting joint, but I hadn't!! Oh well. Must look harder next time!
Washed up and tidied a bit around the kitchen and now heading out for a coffee at my favourite cafe with a view :angelic-green:

One of the good old apres bands is playing later and a mate is dj-ing in the same village, so I'll head down there later.

Kinda wish I had my own car as my favouritest ever apres band is playing in 3 valleys this week. Just don't want to drive a minibus to somewhere I don't know in case I can't park!! LOL

It's sunny too, so maybe I will go sit in the sun later after I've baked stuff :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:54 pm Glad I'm not as old and knackered as these two Cockney shandy drinkers

We both put our backs out fighting in East End pub brawls, carrying sacks of 'ookey gear to John the Fence and shagging cock-er-ney birds, innit.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I am sitting around getting over the tail end of Covid. And it is the wife’s birthday
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 am
Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:54 pm Glad I'm not as old and knackered as these two Cockney shandy drinkers

We both put our backs out fighting in East End pub brawls, carrying sacks of 'ookey gear to John the Fence and shagging cock-er-ney birds, innit.
Up north we fight in pubs, shift moody gear and shag birds before breakfast, and we drink proper beer.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Potter wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:29 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 am

Up north we fight in pubs, shift moody gear and shag birds before breakfast, and we drink proper beer.
What’s that - North of Dubai Creek and the badlands of Diera?
cheb

Post by cheb »

It's south of Shap and therefore it's London.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Finally given up on my accountant, I think they are deliberately taking the piss as they know I want to close everything down. They have caused late filing fines, stuck obstacles in the way and take ages to reply.
Now I've paid a new accountant to do the final 2 sets of accounts and close it. I'm not even going to tell the old accountant I've sacked them, I'll wait and see how long it takes for them to complain the standing order has stopped.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Winced vigorously at the cost of getting my car serviced (and a coolant leak fixed). Quite a few 'every 3 years' type things needed doing but still it's :shock:

They sent me a video of the underside inspection which showed where the coolant had leaked - I had to top it up twice in the previous year so I wasn't too surprised - then 'click here to authorise the work'. Click. 'Thank you, you will now be redirected'....to the 'Buy a new one' web page. Not exactly the best time to suggest I might like another car of the same make. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went out to meet friends at an apres band thingy in a bar I usually avoid!

Well, the band was amazing as ever, friends were awesome and the view, well! That was very special! Friends were very much a bad influence (always handy when your mates ogle the view as much as you do! - and encourage you to go dance with them! Even better that their preferred view wasn't mine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) .

When the second best view encouraged me to dance with them and not just at the edge of the area with my mates, and the best view then danced with me! Well - definitely a good apres!! LOL

Sadly all the views were married, but our two groups danced and laughed together for the whole of the band and it made for a very entertaining evening! :lol: :lol:

The views are off home tomorrow, and tomorrow evening I'm out for dinner with my mates, so I am sure the conversation will be entertaining :lol: :lol: :lol:

Downside - damn my knee bloody hurts! It does NOT like dancing :angry-cussingblack: Roll on May and getting the bastard hurty metal out! Then next year I'll be able to dance all night and ski all day :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Upgraded my 3/8in drive sockets. The main metric set is an assortment of several brands, but mostly Kamasa I bought in the '70's. The standards are mostly BritTool & some add ons from other companies.
Just splurged on Tekton metric & standard in 6 & 12pt sets 6-24mm & 1/4-1in (no gaps) 64 sockets in all. They will be here some time on Friday.
Old sockets will be retired to the toolbox that I keep my rarely used 1/2in drive sockets & other tools in. (the 1/2in drive sockets I do use are in the main toolbox).
Also retiring some 1/4in drive sockets to the other box as I don't need two complete sets of regular & deep sockets in metric & standard in one box.