In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Potter

Re: In todays news...

Post by Potter »

Reading the news this morning, not only has Hunter Biden admitted that it was his laptop and the Russian disinformation story was utter lies, but he’s even suing the shop for sharing the info on his hard drive.

And in other news, asylum hotels and support services are making record profits, we’re talking tens of millions. St Gary of the BBC has been a huge help for rich people creaming money out of the tax payer.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Maybe if the asylum seekers were processed faster the majority of them eligible could be allowed into work and start paying into the system instead of costing money and filling the many vacancies there is on the job market that the government keeps on about.
Jeez, how hard was that to work out.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Google today

Type in 'grogu'

Wait

Usual search results

Wait

Figure appears
Click on the figure

Star Wars fans will be pleased particularly.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:42 pm The thing that interests me most is that although they seem desperate to entice people back to the office, nobody wants to talk about why?
A chunk of the economy is based on people working from an office, not to mention commercial property prices.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Horse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:30 am Google today

Type in 'grogu'

Wait

Usual search results

Wait

Figure appears
Click on the figure

Clicked it, he did his thing...then we had a power cut :shock:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:40 am
Horse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:30 am Google today

Type in 'grogu'

Wait

Usual search results

Wait

Figure appears
Click on the figure

Clicked it, he did his thing...then we had a power cut :shock:
Yup, that's it. Awesome! Goes beyond CGI ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

demographic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:22 am Maybe if the asylum seekers were processed faster the majority of them eligible could be allowed into work and start paying into the system instead of costing money and filling the many vacancies there is on the job market that the government keeps on about.
Sounds great. I’m interested in your solution.

Where will you get all the extra judges and lawyers to process them all within record time when they turn up with nothing and no time to build up their story supporting their asylum claim?
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:58 am
demographic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:22 am Maybe if the asylum seekers were processed faster the majority of them eligible could be allowed into work and start paying into the system instead of costing money and filling the many vacancies there is on the job market that the government keeps on about.

Where will you get all the extra judges and lawyers to process them all within record time when they turn up with nothing and no time to build up their story supporting their asylum claim?
And without any ID or other documents ...
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Horse

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:58 am Where will you get all the extra judges and lawyers
The same cupboard that the government go to when they say they're going to have "X,000 extra [insert job or profession]"
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:04 am
The same cupboard that the government go to when they say they're going to have "X,000 extra [insert job or profession]"
It’s all easy, everyone is a CEO or Prime Minister when they don’t have to actually deliver the solution. Diane Abbott had all those really cheap policemen waiting to slot into jobs - easy, until she was asked to explain it.
cheb

Post by cheb »

It's the cupboard next to the safe with the cash they haven't got, unless they really need it for good publicity.

Currently I'm enjoying watching the SNP fall apart like a clown car at a circus. Once again the Scots do it better than the English.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:24 am
Horse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:04 am
It’s all easy, everyone is a CEO or Prime Minister when they don’t have to actually deliver the solution.
I left out the bit " ... and they're leaving the profession faster than replacements can be employed"
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Potter wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:58 am

That's ok, the justice system will give them a couple of years to prepare if they ask nicely.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:58 pm
Two thoughts spring to mind.

UBS must now be FAR too big to fail. The Swiss government will be fucked if that goes tits up.

$100 + billion liquidity needed? FFS what were the gnomes of Zurich up to?
Two thoughts? What do we think of this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/gend ... 42896.html

I don't really care what people get up to in their private lives or what their sexual fetish might be.

But I'd struggle to keep a straight face if I bump into something like that...
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I would struggle too.

Perhaps it is a good banker, perhaps not, but it is a bit of a dick.

NB I use the word it, They is plural, and it is only one or the other at any instant.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
cheb

Post by cheb »

That 'something' is a human being. The only question for them about work is 'Are they good at their job?'
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

cheb wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:05 am That 'something' is a human being. The only question for them about work is 'Are they good at their job?'
I did say it may be a good banker.

I have considerable sympathy for people who genuinely switch gender (I worked with one) but this smacks of wanting to have your cake and eat it. And that has little or no relevance in work, apart from making others uncomfortable.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
irie

Post by irie »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:28 am
cheb wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:05 am That 'something' is a human being. The only question for them about work is 'Are they good at their job?'

I have considerable sympathy for people who genuinely switch gender (I worked with one) but this smacks of wanting to have your cake and eat it. And that has little or no relevance in work, apart from making others uncomfortable.
Wife says that his eyebrows are a bit over the top. :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ditto for the former. Why would anyone be uncomfortable with it, IMO if just a person in some clothes. Maybe the discomforteds need to look at their own thought processes. What's the difference between mens' and womens' clothing anyway? Skirt/kilt/sarong, blouse/shirt, what real difference is there?
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

And trying to make themselves centre of attention.
If you really want to change gender, all power to your elbow for your convictions - but this guy is lessening the cause by reducing to a "dressing up box" day