What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Ant

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Ant »

Cancelled my TV Licence and started the painful process of auditing some AutoCad drawings.
Skub

Post by Skub »

wull wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:34 am Had to take the day off from work to look after the wee man and the wife, they’ve got the sickness and diarrhoea bug. I’d rather be at work tbh.
They'll get to look after you when you catch the shits from them. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Repaired another pressure washer I think. Annoyingly there seemed to be nothing wrong with this one but the cable had been cut off. No hose nor lance with it hence the I think.

Started repairing one of the pillar drills too. If I can get it to run then I'll make a table for it.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Day off today. Thought the bank stuff had messed up plans to go get some stuff to finish my sofa, but a mate came to the rescue - and drove me to the valley!

But, after having a DIY, cutting and lengths of wood conversation in French (and doing a small shop) I can't be arsed to start it this late! Also, some mates who arrived in resort yesterday just messaged me to go meet them for a 'hello' beer or two :D :D

Not driving tomorrow so I can have a couple of rums (better than beer!!) :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Popped into the hospital for an x-ray. Had been referred by GP who told me to just pop in any time over the next 2 weeks and they'd have my details to hand.

Came out about 14 minutes after I arrived, didn't even have to pay for parking.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Slenver wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:40 pm Popped into the hospital for an x-ray. Had been referred by GP who told me to just pop in any time over the next 2 weeks and they'd have my details to hand.

All ok,I hope?
Walt Whitman
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Skub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:41 pm
Slenver wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:40 pm Popped into the hospital for an x-ray. Had been referred by GP who told me to just pop in any time over the next 2 weeks and they'd have my details to hand.

All ok,I hope?
Oh yeah, just something stupid and niggling that I've been meaning to see the doc about for years. I actually went about 3 years ago and they sent me for a blood test that time but I never went for the results. Just apathy really, but as you get older and more shit starts to go wrong you realise you should probably start getting them sorted :) My Landy's nearly as old as me, and that gets serviced every year.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Slenver wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:48 pm Oh yeah, just something stupid and niggling that I've been meaning to see the doc about for years. I actually went about 3 years ago and they sent me for a blood test that time but I never went for the results. Just apathy really, but as you get older and more shit starts to go wrong you realise you should probably start getting them sorted :) My Landy's nearly as old as me, and that gets serviced every year.
My Da used to say,everything was great until he hit 90,then the wheels fell off. :lol:
Walt Whitman
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Skub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:58 pm
Slenver wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:48 pm Oh yeah, just something stupid and niggling that I've been meaning to see the doc about for years. I actually went about 3 years ago and they sent me for a blood test that time but I never went for the results. Just apathy really, but as you get older and more shit starts to go wrong you realise you should probably start getting them sorted :) My Landy's nearly as old as me, and that gets serviced every year.
My Da used to say,everything was great until he hit 90,then the wheels fell off. :lol:
I can't begin to imagine!

I had to sit down on the floor the other day at a busy meeting and realised I couldn't really cross my legs cos stuff didn't bend properly any more. My knees just pointed upwards. I told my missus and 16 yo later and both scoffed, then demonstrated themselves. 16 yo could basically get her knees flat on the ground, my missus was as bad as me, which wiped her smug smile off pretty sharpish.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Following on from a visit to the docs last week and blood tests again, I’m now booked in to have a camera team, sound man and probably an artistic director spending some time in my bowels!! Also need a CT scan, so not expecting a pleasant experience in the near future!! Oh well, fingers crossed it won’t be bad news, shame I missed submitting the film for this years Oscar’s.

Also found the caravan battery is knackered, an optimate won’t see it as it’s so flat, gonna try and get some charge into it and see if it will charge then. Just fitted a motor mover so I’m planning to double check it’s all ok, which I know it is, but might ne the control box allowing the bolts to fall out somewhere.
Great day all in all!!!
Mick
Skub

Post by Skub »

636mick wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:26 pm Following on from a visit to the docs last week and blood tests again, I’m now booked in to have a camera team, sound man and probably an artistic director spending some time in my bowels!! Also need a CT scan, so not expecting a pleasant experience in the near future!! Oh well, fingers crossed it won’t be bad news, shame I missed submitting the film for this years Oscar’s.

Also found the caravan battery is knackered, an optimate won’t see it as it’s so flat, gonna try and get some charge into it and see if it will charge then. Just fitted a motor mover so I’m planning to double check it’s all ok, which I know it is, but might ne the control box allowing the bolts to fall out somewhere.
Great day all in all!!!
Mick
Best wishes man.
Walt Whitman
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Skub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:33 pm
636mick wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:26 pm Following on from a visit to the docs last week and blood tests again, I’m now booked in to have a camera team, sound man and probably an artistic director spending some time in my bowels!! Also need a CT scan, so not expecting a pleasant experience in the near future!! Oh well, fingers crossed it won’t be bad news, shame I missed submitting the film for this years Oscar’s.

Great day all in all!!!
Mick
Best wishes man.
I'll second that. Best wishes Mick. (CT scans are a doddle, but I hope the cameras for the 'interior scenes' are smaller than the usual film set ones :shock: ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:43 pm
Skub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Great day all in all!!!
Mick
Best wishes man.
I'll second that. Best wishes Mick. (CT scans are a doddle, but I hope the cameras for the 'interior scenes' are smaller than the usual film set ones :shock: ).

Best wishes Mick

Just to comment on CS post - the bowels ones are fine - it's the one they shove up your knob that hurts
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

The camera up the tradesmen entrance will have you yelping. Well it did me. The stuff they give you the night before to clear your bowels is horrific. Make sure you are very close to a WC. You don’t want to have to bring a gulley sucker to get rid of all the shit off the living room carpet

When the hospital staff say don’t worry, you’ll be ok they are lying

Good luck and I sincerely hope the results go your way
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Wscad wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:59 pm The camera up the tradesmen entrance will have you yelping. Well it did me. The stuff they give you the night before to clear your bowels is horrific. Make sure you are very close to a WC. You don’t want to have to bring a gulley sucker to get rid of all the shit off the living room carpet

When the hospital staff say don’t worry, you’ll be ok they are lying

Good luck and I sincerely hope the results go your way
You really aren't the sort of person anyone wants by their bedside before an op... :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Booked an extended Easter break trip to Wales. Just me and my bike - it will be it's first visit - I hope it likes it :D
Lockdown refugee
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Dodged a Gas Explosion - was working about a mile away. Did make a rather large bang. Had a look on the way home it is a bit of a mess ! Sadly one's passed away. There's loads of houses effected.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Alan PBTD wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm Dodged a Gas Explosion - was working about a mile away. Did make a rather large bang. Had a look on the way home it is a bit of a mess ! Sadly one's passed away. There's loads of houses effected.
Where's this?
Horse

Post by Horse »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:28 pm
Alan PBTD wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm Dodged a Gas Explosion - was working about a mile away. Did make a rather large bang. Had a look on the way home it is a bit of a mess ! Sadly one's passed away. There's loads of houses effected.
Where's this?
Guessing:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64941189

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Greenman wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:04 am
mangocrazy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:45 am
Greenman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:27 am totally smashed our album release night the place was packed.

More pics and vids to follow as our legend of a mate who does our videos for our tracks filmed most of our antics throughout the night.

New video coming soon too...:)

The album is out now btw the way - search Entoxic Roots (needs the space) on all good streaming platforms.

lol its 3.27am!
I'll await my copy... :) I'm sure the rammed-ness of the venue was entirely due to the excellence of the posters... :D
I'm hoping to have the album up on bandcamp tonight so i shall send you over a free download link..:)
ahem... <cough>...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.