In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr Moofo

Re: In todays news...

Post by Mr Moofo »

Horse wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:09 am https://inews.co.uk/news/environment/se ... ty-2172858

The Government is taking sustainability advice from the boss of a water company that was fined for sewage pollution.

Liv Garfield, chief executive of Severn Trent Water, chairs the Council for Sustainable Business (CSB). It was set up in 2018 to help advise Government department Defra on how it can achieve the goals in its legally binding 25-year Environment Plan.

Also on the council is the boss of a scrap metal company whose company was found guilty of illegal dumping.

According to openDemocracy, which first reported the story, during Ms Garfield’s time as chair, the CSB took part in consultations ahead of new sewage discharge targets that were announced last year.

The Government subsequently set targets which will not require a complete end to legal storm overflows until 2050, and have been criticised for lacking ambition by campaign groups.
You couldn't make this sort of stuff up ! It's all gone a bit Catch 22
Potter

Post by Potter »

I have no idea who she's backed by, but her career trajectory suggests that she's well connected, it's a classic path, I know someone who left a good Uni, did a stint at the FCO, then a stint in Brussels and was then shunted into a very senior post in a corporate role - he didn't apply for any of those jobs, they were arranged for him.
He'll go down the well trodden path of CBE/OBE, etc, then sit on various boards of large entities and retire to a farm in the Cotswolds.

The old boy network is very much alive and kicking in the UK, I've been up for jobs that eventually went to these types of people and the off the record feedback has always been to do with old school ties and connections.
Horse

Post by Horse »

I know of a Dame (and not in the panto sense), awarded that honour for 'services'. She wasn't great when working front line, so I wonder about the quality of advice she has provided.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Ant

Post by Ant »

The Labour leftie luvvies want people like this on your streets - they saved a criminal from deportation, only to go on to stab a man on the streets.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/criminal-mur ... n-jamaica/

There's a nice big list somewhere with the names of the MPs who support people like this.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:46 am I have no idea who she's backed by, but her career trajectory suggests that she's well connected, it's a classic path, I know someone who left a good Uni, did a stint at the FCO, then a stint in Brussels and was then shunted into a very senior post in a corporate role - he didn't apply for any of those jobs, they were arranged for him.
He'll go down the well trodden path of CBE/OBE, etc, then sit on various boards of large entities and retire to a farm in the Cotswolds.

The old boy network is very much alive and kicking in the UK, I've been up for jobs that eventually went to these types of people and the off the record feedback has always been to do with old school ties and connections.
And of course we all know this has been going on for decades with no change on the horizon.

Privileged person gets placement at well respected uni, fucks around as they will just pass anyway as they will ask daddy to speak to the uni to get them to pass them, get a decent job on the back of the made up qualification, get promotion without any need to go through interview process as you allude to as it's jobs for the boys, get all their mates to big them up in the media, get an OBE, run for MP, run for PM and continue to fuck up our country over and over and over again. If they fuck up they just go back to their privildged life so they have no reason to make sure they do their job correctly, it's almost like a hobby for them IMO.

I swear through that process somewhere they get so deluded that they actually think they are good at what they do and are able to lead, but in reality they probably have to have someone to help them dress in the morning.

I think over the past decade they have just not given so much of a fuck about who sees this corruption. They have ground the politics down so much now in this country as to where we don't really have a choice who leads and the choices we do have are normally worse than the current leadership we have in place, this is no coincidence, this is a planned model from the evil tories that they have been working to for 13 years, it's what they are best at doing, providing a service to you that doesn't work then making sure all of the other options you have are not even viable or worthwhile pursuing, i honestly think they just don't care what we think of them anymore and blatantly flaunt their corruption as we have no way of doing anything about it. I also think they work with big corps to also put this model in place, covid was a really good tool for this, close as many small companies as poss so the public have no choice but to purchase from the big corps they have back hand ties with.

They are taking our freedom and rights away from us on a weekly basis and no-one seems to care!

I'm sure i have shared my stories of when i used to work for the council and saw all of this on a daily basis. Jobs for the boys - but only if you have come from a privileged background or are willing to keep quiet about the corruption.

My Director of IT back then used to earn £120k a year (this was 2010ish) and used to do pretty much nothing. He came into the dept, lost over £100k of contracts due to mainly just incompetence and laziness, then got a promotion. Turns out the Director of Education at the time was his cousin, who'd of thought it!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:46 am I have no idea who she's backed by, but her career trajectory suggests that she's well connected, it's a classic path, I know someone who left a good Uni, did a stint at the FCO, then a stint in Brussels and was then shunted into a very senior post in a corporate role - he didn't apply for any of those jobs, they were arranged for him.

This guy (fairly obviously from his accent) comes from a working class background but became one of the highest paid traders in the UK, possibly the world. He's seen life from both sides and explains very clearly why the top jobs hardly ever go to the smartest people.

There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:36 am
My Director of IT back then used to earn £120k a year (this was 2010ish) and used to do pretty much nothing. He came into the dept, lost over £100k of contracts due to mainly just incompetence and laziness, then got a promotion. Turns out the Director of Education at the time was his cousin, who'd of thought it!
Mrs. G has contracts with Local Authorities in London, who shall remain nameless, and the level of waste and incompetence is relayed to me on a daily basis. Last night I had two such tales:

Reading her emails, she lets out a sigh. She's been chasing the head of IT for a start date for moving a load of screens and IT stuff for weeks. He emails yesterday to say can they do it next week as it's urgent, must be done by the end of next week. As she said, how is it now such a bloody rush when she's been chasing for months to get the work scheduled?

Another LA wants her to remove a big printer, capable of producing big A2 drawings apparently. It was put in just before lockdown at a cost of £9k, never used and now they are going ti pay her to take it away, in order to get a new one in, despite them all still WFH for the most part.

I shouldn't moan, as it's all money in the bank at Chez Gremlin, but it's staggering.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

The creepy left attempt to groom a class of children......These are SEVEN YEARS YOUNG children, being sexually groomed in our schools.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nders.html
Potter

Post by Potter »

Ant wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:51 am The creepy left attempt to groom a class of children......These are SEVEN YEARS YOUNG children, being sexually groomed in our schools.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nders.html
You should stop reading those newspapers, you're making yourself a bit ill with it.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Ant wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:35 am The Labour leftie luvvies want people like this on your streets - they saved a criminal from deportation, only to go on to stab a man on the streets.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/criminal-mur ... n-jamaica/

There's a nice big list somewhere with the names of the MPs who support people like this.
Meh. Here's a video of the incident. The bloke that dies (a drug dealer) is the one naked from the waist up, slashing away with a huge machete. The 'victim' chased them with the machete in an attempt to retrieve his precious drugs and cash. I'm not really feeling any great sense of loss. :wtf:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21524346/ ... shes-man/

As for the lefite luvvies being responsible, wasn't it a high court judge who made the ruling? Oh, and then there's this...
Jamaicans who came to UK as children will be left off deportation flight

Exclusive: Home Office quietly agrees deal with Jamaica amid outcry over charter plane
A deal has been quietly agreed between the Home Office and Jamaica not to remove people who came to the UK as children on a controversial charter flight to the Caribbean island this week, its high commissioner has said.

Seth Ramocan told the Guardian that following diplomatic overtures to the Home Office, officials agreed not to deport Jamaicans who came to Britain under the age of 12. The Home Office has declined to comment and there has been no public announcement.

It comes after 82 black public figures – including the author Bernardine Evaristo, model Naomi Campbell and historian David Olusoga – urged airlines not to carry up to 50 Jamaicans on the Home Office deportation flight scheduled for Wednesday.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

gremlin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:46 am
Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:36 am
Mrs. G has contracts with Local Authorities in London, who shall remain nameless, and the level of waste and incompetence is relayed to me on a daily basis. Last night I had two such tales:

Reading her emails, she lets out a sigh. She's been chasing the head of IT for a start date for moving a load of screens and IT stuff for weeks. He emails yesterday to say can they do it next week as it's urgent, must be done by the end of next week. As she said, how is it now such a bloody rush when she's been chasing for months to get the work scheduled?

Another LA wants her to remove a big printer, capable of producing big A2 drawings apparently. It was put in just before lockdown at a cost of £9k, never used and now they are going ti pay her to take it away, in order to get a new one in, despite them all still WFH for the most part.

I shouldn't moan, as it's all money in the bank at Chez Gremlin, but it's staggering.
They are all useless. I think if you cannot work anywhere else you end up in the council or in some sort of parliamentary role.

The staff i used to work with we're fucking useless to the point they would get removed from their field roles and be in the office doing fuck all all week leaving the few good ones (like me and my colleague who left to setup our business) to do most of the work in the remote sites.

Not just one council either, i work with Bristol, South Glos and Wiltshire LA's and they are all the same. It's all red tape all the time and it's so hard to get them to do anything other than reply to a mail saying they will look into asap. Then, once they do get something fixed it's back to how it was the week before, drives me fucking crazy.

They are very good at what i call blanket bombing settings, they set a policy for one scenario the fire it out to numerous untested scenarios then just fix all the problems once they are reported, there is literally no bench testing at all.

And don't get me started on their money making schemes, they are forever lying to schools saying they need this and that when they do not. I caught the Director or IT out at South Glos a few months back when he was stating some total crap about ISO 9.6753 or whatever trying to sell a school a backup system they did not need, i printed out the policy info from his ISO 9.6753 shit he was incorrectly spouting from the DFE's website and put it up to the video camera on the teams call but he would still say they we're wrong even though he was the one wrongly quoting the directive from the DFE! They will not ever except they are wrong because they think they are amazing, put them in a business environment and i bet they won't even be able to do the job! I also had the Director of Education on that meeting as an observer and he also stuck up for his minion even though i was showing him written proof in front of his eye's that his minion was talking shit! Where do you go from there? - The school put an official complaint into them btw and i have been told that numerous other schools have issues with this IT director but will anything come of it, fuck no!

Jobs for the boyo's!
Ant

Post by Ant »

From a few days ago, heard about this on the radio....

Four pupils have been suspended from a West Yorkshire secondary school after a copy of the Quran was accidentally damaged by students.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-64757799

More wokeness....
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Rishi Sunak was been busy praising the virtues of easy access to the EU market today.
Thats nice.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

demographic wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 pm Rishi Sunak was been busy praising the virtues of easy access to the EU market today.
Thats nice.
I can see that going down well with The Criminal and the Member for the 18th Century... :)
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Ant wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:15 pm From a few days ago, heard about this on the radio....

Four pupils have been suspended from a West Yorkshire secondary school after a copy of the Quran was accidentally damaged by students.

More wokeness....
The anti woke force is strong in you, chill you must, before you explode!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Mr Akbar said he had been told the book had been taken to school as a dare by a pupil who lost while playing a Call of Duty videogame with other students
Bring a book into school, I dare ya!
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:33 pm
demographic wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 pm Rishi Sunak was been busy praising the virtues of easy access to the EU market today.
Thats nice.
I can see that going down well with The Criminal and the Member for the 18th Century... :)
I reckon the rug has been yanked out from under Boris and Jacobs hard Brexit a bit today.
I'll be interested to see how it comes on.

Whilst I'm not particularly a fan of Sunak I think I'm liking some of this.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bollox... went on the piss Saturday and this is my take home. First time afaik. Cold and snotty. 😷👎

Yamaha rocket 3
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:45 pm
Ant wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:15 pm From a few days ago, heard about this on the radio....

More wokeness....
Wakefield schoolboy fiasco - it gets worse.....

Not only have the teenage boys been suspended from school, one of them has received death threats, their actions have been logged as a ‘hate incident’ by police, but to add insult to injury, the a police are turning a blind eye to the death threats.
There are a number of issues to be addressed here....

1. When were blasphemy laws reinstated in this country? By treating this as a hate incident, the police are clearly acting as if blasphemy laws existed in this country.

2. Why, when it is acknowledged that there was no intent, are the Police treating this as a hate incident?

3. When did it become ok for the Police to practice religious discrimination? By ignoring the death threats made by Muslims they are clearly acting in a discriminatory manner.

4. Is it the case that Sharia law is being enforced in this country by the Police, it certainly seems so?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Ant wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:14 pm
Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:45 pm

More wokeness....
Wakefield schoolboy fiasco - it gets worse.....

Not only have the teenage boys been suspended from school, one of them has received death threats, their actions have been logged as a ‘hate incident’ by police, but to add insult to injury, the a police are turning a blind eye to the death threats.
There are a number of issues to be addressed here....

1. When were blasphemy laws reinstated in this country? By treating this as a hate incident, the police are clearly acting as if blasphemy laws existed in this country.

2. Why, when it is acknowledged that there was no intent, are the Police treating this as a hate incident?

3. When did it become ok for the Police to practice religious discrimination? By ignoring the death threats made by Muslims they are clearly acting in a discriminatory manner.

4. Is it the case that Sharia law is being enforced in this country by the Police, it certainly seems so?
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: