What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:22 pm Is Time Team still on? That was Sunday evening telly when I were a lad, my dad insisted. In hindsight it seems a bit daft to be rushing at archeology, it ain't going anywhere!

Plus, Alice Roberts :wub:
No, TT is long gone, although there are sort of successors. Mick Aston died 10 years ago.

Actually, the "don't rush, it's not going anywhere' did get mentioned today.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

wull wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:01 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:40 pm Finished work 30 mins early because, the electrics went out in the office!! LOL No point both of us sitting there twiddling out thumbs!! :lol:

Heading off to watch the rugby in a bit - hopefully meeting some friends to watch it :D :D
Yeah but switching off the RCD yourself doesn’t count, get back to work 👀😂

:lol: :lol: :lol: Luckily, I wasn't alone in the office, so I couldn't be accused of that!! LOL I did try to fix it, but there seemed no reason for the trip to go. No added use, no new things plugged in. Bloody hope it got sorted or tomorrow is going to be a challenge!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Called Sky.

My BB has been out of contract for a couple of months after my 18 month cheap deal ended.

Noticed that you can now get Sky purely as a streaming service using their own version of a Fire stick.

So got them to do a deal.

Super fast BB and Sky Entertainment with Netflix and Discovery+ for £50. First two months free and no setup fee.

Quite happy as I was paying £35 just for the BB and my Discovery+ had just expired and they wanted £7 a month to renew.

I've never had Netflix, so that's exciting!
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:15 pm Called Sky.

My BB has been out of contract for a couple of months after my 18 month cheap deal ended.

Noticed that you can now get Sky purely as a streaming service using their own version of a Fire stick.

So got them to do a deal.

Super fast BB and Sky Entertainment with Netflix and Discovery+ for £50. First two months free and no setup fee.

Quite happy as I was paying £35 just for the BB and my Discovery+ had just expired and they wanted £7 a month to renew.

I've never had Netflix, so that's exciting!
We've got 3 of their streaming 'pucks', just make sure you Broadbeans speed is good enough or they stutter a fair bit.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Forgot that the kitchens rip-out and refit was booked to start today, cue major panic at 07.00 to empty all the kitchen cupboards and move to utility etc!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cashed in my immense lottery winnings. Binge watching Californication, I'd forgotten just how damn funny that series was. Later I have to drive down the hill about 30 miles for a med appt, just drizzly wet here but there's snow for most of the journey.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Put my affairs in order and peace with my God, for today I may succumb to.....

Man-flu
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ogri

Post by ogri »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:05 am Put my affairs in order and peace with my God, for today I may succumb to.....

Man-flu
GWS :)
Ignorance is bliss
Druid

Post by Druid »

I've been to the dentist, private because NHS dentists are as rare as hen's teeth. He removed most of a molar tooth, scanned my mouth and made a crown using a CNC machine. All done in an hour. It cost £545 though
Skub

Post by Skub »

Druid wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:05 am I've been to the dentist, private because NHS dentists are as rare as hen's teeth. He removed most of a molar tooth, scanned my mouth and made a crown using a CNC machine. All done in an hour. It cost £545 though
:shock:

I'd just get used to the hole.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Tried to do as little as possible!! I'm bloody knackered. A weekend of long hours then going out with visiting friends and mad Monday/Tuesday in the office!! I went out last night just cos, well, day off today, so I felt I should!! Even managed a lie in this morning.

Made it to the cafe for coffee, then to physio, then visited a friend who had to have a second op to fix her wrist after the 'check up' surgeon 2 weeks after the first op moved her wrist and splint and basically rebroke it :roll: :roll: Then saw a couple more friends.

Now home to go to sleep - not sure quite how I got this knackered!! :lol: :lol:

Hey ho! Need to do some serious tidying in my place, but think I'll do it after work tomorrow!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Docca

Post by Docca »

Been gifted this by a work friend. Random. I’m over the moon ( best Bourbon by miles)
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:05 am Put my affairs in order and peace with my God, for today I may succumb to.....

Man-flu
Can I have the gremlinettes phone number...........obviously to offer a consoling shoulder to cry on
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Demannu wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:24 pm

Man-flu
Can I have the gremlinettes phone number...........obviously to offer a consoling shoulder to cry on
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Man-flu
By asking for a phone number you've marked yourself as too old. These days it's all Snap and Insta. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found out an old friend of mine died today. Last time I saw him, I didn't recognise him as its been years since we'd seen each other and he'd changed his look a lot, but it was great to see him again. I thought of him the other day for some strange reason and wondered how he was and why we'd lost touch again. I guess sometimes you just walk different paths in life. He was a nice bloke with a really lovely disposition. There's a lot of c***s on this planet that deserved to take his place in early departure lounge. Its often the way...

RIP Dan, I'll raise a glass to you tonight...
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:42 pm

Man-flu
By asking for a phone number you've marked yourself as too old. These days it's all Snap and Insta. :lol:
I'm possibly old enough to be your Dad! :twisted:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Man-flu
First dibs on the bike.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:41 pm

Man-flu
IMG_20230301_224445.jpg
IMG_20230301_224445.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 318 times
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

I'll be taking a memorial service for first years primary school teacher this morning. She died suddenly (DVT) a couple of months back and the school has been waiting for the funeral to take place (today) so they can organise an Assembly for the school service. A tough one for lots of reasons and now it falls to me to lead a school in grief and into looking for hope and comfort.

Then home to walk the dog as I have missed her these past three days being away on a conference in Harrogate (still way south of Inverness though, so lots of oxygen).

The rest of the day is yet to be determined, so I will do my best to just enjoy it.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.