If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
MyLittleStudPony

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Screenshot_20230223-095253.png
Screenshot_20230223-095253.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 368 times
:D
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by demographic »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:50 am It's not the EU that's the problem now, it's the Remoaners!

Statue Defenders, hoooooooo!

Don't forget the woke leftists (burp, Hic)

It's odd that after losing a vote a few years ago we still supposedly have huge amounts of power now though eh?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

demographic wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:16 am
It's odd that after losing a vote a few years ago we still supposedly have huge amounts of power now though eh?
And still none of that bus money.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

It seems to be a British trait - fighting the last war again. And you lot are still at it, fighting the Brexit campaign again.

Perhaps what we need is a plan for here and now?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:57 am It seems to be a British trait - fighting the last war again. And you lot are still at it, fighting the Brexit campaign again.

A plan for the here and now but without considering one of the most obvious solutions apparently.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:57 am It seems to be a British trait - fighting the last war again. And you lot are still at it, fighting the Brexit campaign again.

There was - allegedly - a plan for Northern Ireland ...
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Horse wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:56 am
Given that most of the 'planning' so far has been -
- project fear!
- la-la-la-la finger's in ears
- "oven ready" deal of nonsense
.. you don't hold out much hope for the next set of planning.

It's literally like shitting your pants, blaming someone else and walking around with shitted pants making the best of of it because if you leave it long enough maybe the smell goes or someone comes and changes you.
Ant

Post by Ant »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:04 pm
- project fear!

It's literally like shitting your pants, blaming someone else and walking around with shitted pants making the best of of it because if you leave it long enough maybe the smell goes or someone comes and changes you.
Good lord your life must be pretty shit to be that moany and bitter.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:36 pm
- project fear!

Odd cos I reckon he seems like he's got his life fairly sorted, decent range of posting on a variety of subjects and so on.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

demographic wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:17 pm

- project fear!

Odd cos I reckon he seems like he's got his life fairly sorted, decent range of posting on a variety of subjects and so on.
Unlike?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
demographic

Post by demographic »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:25 pm Unlike?
I couldn't possibly comment.
Horse

Post by Horse »

A lot of people in NI are very moany about it.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:57 am Perhaps what we need is a plan for here and now?
Ageed it was a crap plan, but NI has a long history of being 'difficult' to both govern and reach acceptable compromises in politics. If the UK government had achieved a brilliant deal the DUP would have demanded more.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:57 am Perhaps what we need is a plan for here and now?
Ageed it was a crap plan, but NI has a long history of being 'difficult' to both govern and reach acceptable compromises in politics. If the UK government had achieved a brilliant deal the DUP would have demanded more.
So Jack, what's your solution for this 'difficult' part of the Union?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:06 am I watched a YouTube video of James May going up into space on a spy plane. He said he wished everyone could go up there because then they'd realise that we're all on the same planet and the daily politics that people get up to is silly.
I haven't been to space, but I have spent years sitting outside of your goldfish bowl and I totally get what he means.

Basically the argument here is that Brexit was bad and the EU mafia are now not sharing their tomatoes, and even if they did share them, none of you in this once great nation could stop arguing for long enough to organise the transport or bureaucracy to get them to the UK and onto shelves.

It's all a bit pathetic really isn't it.
You could have tomatoes whenever you wanted, regardless of whether you are or aren't in the EU mafia, but you can't stop arguing for long enough to get it arranged. You could have power stations, but the political wrangling would stop it going ahead and even if it did the unions would ensure that they lost money.

I love the UK, I wore the uniform of it's armed forces and I will always exercise my right to live here when I choose to, but after a lifetime of living around the globe I don't really consider myself British anymore, it's embarrassing, being British seems to stand for something that I don't identify with anymore, the UK is frequently the laughing stock of the world and has a reputation of being moany and disagreeable. Globally I think it's only the French that are disliked more than the British.
Try actually living here mate it's shit!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Greenman wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:34 pm Try actually living here mate it's shit!
No, it isn't if you have a secure job/income and a home you silly boy. *slap*
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:37 pm
Greenman wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:34 pm Try actually living here mate it's shit!
In relation to Iccys comments it is though, the general attitude of people is shit, if you don't see and feel this in your general life then you are obviously quite privileged and live away from the real grind that is the UK society of today!

If you just want to work, fuck and bring up gremlins in a perpetual cycle of boringness then maybe i agree, but some people want more than that and for those who want more it's a very frustrating place to live!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Greenman wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm
In relation to Iccys comments it is though, the general attitude of people is shit, if you don't see and feel this in your general life then you are obviously quite privileged and live away from the real grind that is the UK society of today!

If you just want to work, fuck and bring up gremlins in a perpetual cycle of boringness then maybe i agree, but some people want more than that and for those who want more it's a very frustrating place to live!
So, a) where's better? b) why aren't you there?
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:52 pm
Greenman wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm

So, a) where's better? b) why aren't you there?
A - You tell me

B - I don't know where it is?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:32 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 pm

So Jack, what's your solution for this 'difficult' part of the Union?
There is no solution. Ireland should never have been divided, but it was. When the Catholic population outbreeds the Protestants the majority will vote to unite Ireland. How long that will take, and what the consequences will be I have no idea.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!