What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

I borrowed a minibus and went to the valley today. Mainly to get supplies, but also to pop into my friends shop. I spent a lot of time there last year when signed off, chatting, sometimes eating Cornish pasties, but mostly drinking coffee. Was fab to spend so much time with a good mate.

Since the season started, we've barely caught up, mostly cos I don't have a car and can't get down there on days off. But today - well, proper caught up, talked out and had a very happy day!!

Also picked up the crutched and some other stuff prescribed for the operation in May - hopefully the crutches are for after the op as I have already told the surgeon I can't use two crutches and if that will be necessary, then I need to stay in and have a wheelchair!! :lol:

Supplies bought, HRT supplies topped up and I came home and went out for a couple of drinks.

I's only bloody snowing :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: first time in blooming ages. Not much, but damn, after a month of bright sunshine, I'm bloody happy at a smidge of snow :D :D

Don't think there's enough to warrant getting up early enough to ski tour as I think there won't be enough to cover over all the ice!! but still - IT'S SNOWING :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Quiet walk with the dog in the morning. Then prayers. Went and helped a parishioner with an IT issue and resolved it much quicker than she anticipated and also cleaned up dodgy software on the system, advised on a better AV and transferred all photo's she had to back up drive.

Then home for lunch, sorting out several emails, reports and getting ready for service. Collected wife from work bought dog food and then went to church to setup things for evening service.

Took the Ash Wednesday Holy Communion. Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return. Turn away from sin and be faithful to Christ.

Collected wife after the service to clean hall and church. Home for dinner and now I'll sort a couple of things out and then go to bed.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Drove down the hill... & back up again.

wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:33 am Drove down the hill... & back up again.

That reminds me, I had a walk up (and down) the Grand Old Duke of York’s hill the other day.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

25 miles of below freezing temps with rain, hail, snow & graufel...

...then as soon as I come over the hill & start down the desert floor, SUNSHINE!!:

The mountain in the middle is about 30 miles away & full of gold. It's slowly disappearing & will soon be ground level with the rest of the desert. They're finding all sorts of stuff in the old abandoned tunnels going back to the 1800's.
The folded rocks on both sides are the Littlerock Fault, which is about 1/4mile East of the San Andreas.

Temp went up about 10deg as soon as I hit the desert floor.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Is that the A9 just outside North Kessock?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Did you fetch a pale of water?
Skub

Post by Skub »

It's a lovely sunny day and to be nice all weekend,so I had planned some bike action.

However,the council decided to grit bone dry and washed clean roads,to that plan is royally fucked. :cry:

Currently sat waiting on a plumber who makes more promises than a politician.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Gloss'd two bits of skirting, and proper oil based gloss too!
Sanded more wall down and expressed my displeasure at an insurance company (again)
Noticed with them though it's a squeaky wheel that gets the oil!
As an aside, I paid for my new windscreen on the CC, which obviously incurs interest. Am i allowed to charge the ins co for the interest incurred since they have had the invoice since November?
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Skub wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:27 pm It's a lovely sunny day and to be nice all weekend,so I had planned some bike action.

However,the council decided to grit bone dry and washed clean roads,to that plan is royally fucked. :cry:
I was planning on giving the Street Triple a wash & polish,I did the SV650 the other day,but the gritters have been out around here so the bike's staying in the garage until the grit gets washed away :shock:
I took the gravel bike out for 36 km's instead,nice day for a bike ride :thumbup:

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I taught my youngest daughter how to do a simple service on a car. She said she enjoyed it so I'm calling it a win.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Picked up the new Dacia Duster, but rewind a bit. Wifey didn't fancy driving in Alicante so we thought we drive to a train station and get a train, wifey says she'll buy the tickets online. The Spanish railway is Renfe, does she go to their site, no. She Googles "the train line" buys the tickets and asks to use one of my cards as my wallet is on the table in front of her and her purse is somewhere else. She picks Revolut and pays for the tickets, my phone pings to let me know about the transaction, I say "that's some fucking expensive tickets you've just bought". Not train tickets but 60 Euros on some online marketing course she's just signed up for.

I did manage to get the money back, and catch the train, and pick up the car. She's not spoken to me since this morning other than to demand an apology for the names I called her. I'm sure she'll feel better tomorrow when she realises that she is in fact a fucking cretin, retard, too stupid to use the internet, no you won't get the money back by clicking on the link in the email they sent you.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

the_priest wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:05 pm Then prayers. Went and helped a parishioner with an IT issue and resolved it
I must try this method.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:07 am
the_priest wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:05 pm Then prayers. Went and helped a parishioner with an IT issue and resolved it
I must try this method.
I thought it was standard practice? Whenever I ring IT support and say hi it’s Taipan, they always say God help me?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Incurred the wrath of my team by telling them I want them in the office the majority of the time from now on.

I am the devil incarnate. :evil:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

gremlin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm Incurred the wrath of my team by telling them I want them in the office the majority of the time from now on.

Do they understand the good reason? You do have a good reason don't you?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mussels wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:12 pm
gremlin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm Incurred the wrath of my team by telling them I want them in the office the majority of the time from now on.

Do they understand the good reason? You do have a good reason don't you?
Yes. And one that we are all agreed upon. We are an operational dept. and all agree that we work collaboratively, not least as we have anew member of the team.

And yet, when it came to crystallising that good intent into a shift rota, the enthusiasm waned somewhat.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Skub

Post by Skub »

After he retired my Da worked security for a local mill and he had loads of these bobbins lying around. I've used one for working on the bike,but the seat gets a bit hard after a while,so I made it a bit more comfy. Recycling in action!

I'l never be sought after as an upholsterer,but it's functional.

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

That's a serious bobbin!
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
David

Post by David »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:29 pm That's a serious bobbin!
Pass the bobbin hat.