Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Felix

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:09 pm But it's interesting (probably more to me than you guys!) that they are major symptoms of menopause and for most are easily fixed. But most are misdiagnosed, so don't get the help :(
I remember talking to you a age ago about my wifes doctor not giving her needed HRT due to it may having a reaction to her mental health meds. He retired and new doc has had her on HRT for almost a year now. Its like living with a new woman :P
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:42 am
Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:09 pm But it's interesting (probably more to me than you guys!) that they are major symptoms of menopause and for most are easily fixed. But most are misdiagnosed, so don't get the help :(
I remember talking to you a age ago about my wifes doctor not giving her needed HRT due to it may having a reaction to her mental health meds. He retired and new doc has had her on HRT for almost a year now. Its like living with a new woman :P
That's blooming awesome :bblonde: :bblonde: So so pleased for you both :D :D

An incredible number of women are given anti depression meds or other mental health meds INSTEAD of HRT. Partly lack of knowledge on the part of the doctor and partly the incorrect headlines after an HRT study around 20 years ago. It's been proven that the risks of blood clots with body identical HRT are less than with the 'pill'. And the increased cancer risks are minimal. I am still peeved at the two pharmacists who, when I asked if a female testosterone gel was in their syste. (so I could get a prescription) said to me "why would you want a male hormone?" :roll: :roll: :roll: FFS

HRT balances hormones which protects mental health, bone health and soooooo many other things. And yet still many doctors don't want to prescribe it. I had one grandmother with a form of alzheimers and another who's bones crumbled to a point that she was in constant pain and couldn't move - pretty good probability that both would have had a much happier later life with HRT (although it was also very new back then, so maybe wouldn't have an option). With that kind of family history, I'm doing a LOT of research/reading!! LOL Oh, and the use of body identical progesterone actually helps reverse osteoporosis in a lot of (maybe most) women :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 am HRT balances hormones which protects mental health, bone health and soooooo many other things. And yet still many doctors don't want to prescribe it. I had one grandmother with a form of alzheimers and another who's bones crumbled to a point that she was in constant pain and couldn't move
Wow, That is interesting. Guess who has a fecked knee and hip. Meant to be going in Hospital this Thursday for an op to fix a hole in the knee cap and take away the bit bone that has been grinding away behind it. Op has been cancelled a few times as Covid tumps all but last week was the new op date consultation. Doc doing the op got her an emergency CT scan as the two year old one already tells him the Hip wants done but he now thinks the knee may be arthritis. If so he is reluctant to go in as apparently if so it may spread FAST. He wanted an up to date scan to determine if she want a new knee also. As yet heard nothing so Thursdays OP may just be going ahead but being the NHS they will wait till we drag our arses the 40 odd miles away to the hospital for 07:30 only to be told its cancelled. She has been asking for HRT for over 20 years now. That may all have been avoidable if she got it back then. he is only 55. :shock:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:25 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 am HRT balances hormones which protects mental health, bone health and soooooo many other things. And yet still many doctors don't want to prescribe it. I had one grandmother with a form of alzheimers and another who's bones crumbled to a point that she was in constant pain and couldn't move
Wow, That is interesting. Guess who has a fecked knee and hip. Meant to be going in Hospital this Thursday for an op to fix a hole in the knee cap and take away the bit bone that has been grinding away behind it. Op has been cancelled a few times as Covid tumps all but last week was the new op date consultation. Doc doing the op got her an emergency CT scan as the two year old one already tells him the Hip wants done but he now thinks the knee may be arthritis. If so he is reluctant to go in as apparently if so it may spread FAST. He wanted an up to date scan to determine if she want a new knee also. As yet heard nothing so Thursdays OP may just be going ahead but being the NHS they will wait till we drag our arses the 40 odd miles away to the hospital for 07:30 only to be told its cancelled. She has been asking for HRT for over 20 years now. That may all have been avoidable if she got it back then. he is only 55. :shock:
Damn. That's tough. In Ireland they do something called a Dexa scan for bone density. Not sure what it is in the UK. Maybe she could try and get one of those, then if it shows osteoporosis, do some research on progesterone benefits (some docs stil prescribe the coil for progesteroen but thats only for local protection of the womb, not for full body protection)

If she's up for reading more about it all, there's an FB page call 'The Irish Menopause' with a huge amount of info. And the Balance App by Dr Louise Newsom is pretty awesome as well. The FB page shares a lot of evidence based info - not just women saying such and such worked for me!!

I know arthritis is different to osteoporosis, but I don't know how easy it could be for it to be misdiagnosed?

Good luck to her xx
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: