What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Plastic welded another piece of ST back together.

Found out the forecast for Sunday is now "sunny" instead of rain, but effing freezing. Not riding the usual 175mile loop as I'll be driving pretty much the same route Sunday evening to go see W1P & this bod can't do a 175 mile ride AND a 150 mile drive on the same day (or even consecutive days)
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I found out I have Monday off work to celebrate World Social Justice Day, does that make me woke?
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Mussels wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:35 pm I found out I have Monday off work to celebrate World Social Justice Day, does that make me woke?
I had to Google social justice to find out what it was.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:31 pm Bloody brilliant to get them started young, less fear and more bounce! :lol:
They run a Sat or Sun morning "Ski Academy" which runs alongside term time, 12 weeks long. I asked her if she fancied going, her answer (and bear in mind she's 5) was "Hmm...I'll have to consider it a bit more, it does look a little bit dangerous now that I've thought about it".

She can do the school trip when she's 8.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:42 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:31 pm Bloody brilliant to get them started young, less fear and more bounce! :lol:
They run a Sat or Sun morning "Ski Academy" which runs alongside term time, 12 weeks long. I asked her if she fancied going, her answer (and bear in mind she's 5) was "Hmm...I'll have to consider it a bit more, it does look a little bit dangerous now that I've thought about it".

Brilliant!! :lol: :lol:

My niece was about 8 when she said "I don't want to ski. I want to snowboard so I can do tricks n stuff" :shock:

I told her to watch some videos of skiers doing freestyle cos it's way more impressive doing tricks n stuff on two bits of wood and with sticks :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:40 am

My niece was about 8 when she said "I don't want to ski. I want to snowboard so I can do tricks n stuff" :shock:

I told her to watch some videos of skiers doing freestyle cos it's way more impressive doing tricks n stuff on two bits of wood and with sticks :D :D :D
If she had said " I want a motorbike so I can do wheelies" would you have said "burnouts in a car are more impressive"
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I remember many moons ago being out somewhere when Gremlinette was small and nice ( ;) ) . Mrs Gremlin asked me where she was.

'Up that tree' I replied, pointing to my small child way up in a tree that she'd climbed.

She looked at me in horror. 'What if she falls?!'

'Then she'll probably hurt herself and learn to climb trees better next time'.

I take a sanguine approach to chiildcare, but I look at it like this: I've had one child. One child has made it to adulthood. That's a 100% success rate in my books. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 am
Noggin wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:40 am

If she had said " I want a motorbike so I can do wheelies" would you have said "burnouts in a car are more impressive"
Probably would have told her to check out both TBF!! No problem with learning to wheelie a bike AND burnouts in a car :D :D Since I've never been able to do wheelies, or burnouts, they are both impressive to me.

But in all honesty - tricks n stuff on a board is awesome, but when I"ve watched mates do tricks n stuff on skis, that blows my mind!!!

I told my niece and nephew that I'd pay for them to learn to ski, then learn to board. Then they can choose, or do both!! :D

TBF, if there wasn't such a risk to my shoulder, I'd have started boarding again. Cos I like both.

But as you once told me, skiing is for girls and posh people - kinda fits me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(But if conditions are ever just right and I feel brave, I may well have a go at boarding again!! :D :D :D )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My Daughter is down go see us, well, the puppy today. I've sent them out for lunch so I can check her car over. I forgot what colour it was so I washed it. :roll: I put a new tyre on her punctured front wheel last year some time, but its never been put back on, so I did that today as well. I've now cleaned the windows as well as they work better when you can see through them! she keeps lovely house but is a tramp when it comes to cars. :roll:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Took my Trumpet for its MOT.
Passed despite the horn taking on the sound of a ducks fart! Embarrassingly I covered the grand sum of 700 miles on it last year!
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

It hasn’t happened yet but it’s going to happen tonight around 9pm tonight😳

Wife is going to perform a full strip down body wash in the living room. Over the years she has seen me top to toe but never up the tradesman entrance, I have always been able to look after part of myself until recently.

She has it all planned out. I stand in a plastic storage container 4ft wide.....2ft deep and 3ft breadth. This lot sits on a bath towel. All this is duplicated next to the main bathing area except the container is empty and is to be used as a wash down area.

My wife is quite looking forward to it ..............I’m not. Try not to worry about me too much but spare a thought for me around 9pm if you are able to.😀😳
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Why?
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:15 pm she keeps lovely house but is a tramp when it comes to cars. :roll:
Washed the outside of my work van last week for the first time in my 18 month ownership. :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

First proper ride since my big crash a few weeks ago. I lead so that I could set a route and pace to suit me.
After a while I decided to go up this place. A tricky climb in parts but I was feeling good.
Then about half way round, when we were getting to the fast fun bits on the coastal path, I noticed that I'd lost a side panel. Tracing our route back was hard coz we rarely go on established paths. But we got lucky and found it. No idea how it fell off coz it's hard to get off in the first place.

Up here we were level with the planes as they came into land. Must have thought we were loonies if anyone saw us :D
20230218_114430.jpg
20230218_114430.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got up at 4.15 am. Drove to a hotel up in another village. I was early (8 passengers and luggage to load!), arrived at 5.45 for a 6am departure but passengers were late and damn did they fanny arse about with hte luggage, so we were over 20 mins late leaving and hit traffic.

Got to GVQ a bit later than planned then the flight I was meeting was early so I didn't get to eat the huge salad I'd taken :(, just picked up the other passengers and headed back to resort. Took over 4 hours to come back :(

Had a quick panini and a coffee at lunch hour and then picked up another passenger to go to the valley station; picked up 2 at the station to go to resort and drove back down for another group to come up!! Finished at 6.15pm!!!

Salad was way too warm by lunchtime, note to self, take sarnies, not salad!! Just had some feta cheese and some yoghurt and heading to bed as picking up at 3am tomorrow!!!

It's been a pretty good day apart from the traffic on the way back from GVA. And at least my boss likes the fact that I don't call him all the time, I just get on with the job :D :D
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Noggin wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:51 pm
Salad was way too warm by lunchtime, note to self, take sarnies, not salad!! Just had some feta cheese and some yoghurt and heading to bed as picking up at 3am tomorrow!!!
I always took a box of salad to work which was five hours out of the fridge before eating. I used to put the contents of a tin of makeral in with it and pop the empty tin in the bin behind me. It took the bloke I sat next to about a year to ask if I could find another bin. :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took the wife out to Kervan Kitchen which is Turkish grill house type place. I don't think I've ever seen such a big restaurant! Fully booked and Allah only knows how they get the orders out of the kitchen. We did spot a few lost waiters looking for the people whose food order they were carrying! Nice food and good night out. :thumbup:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Jody wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 am

:shock: Did someone diss the board Dude :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Pirahna wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:45 pm
Noggin wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:51 pm
I always took a box of salad to work which was five hours out of the fridge before eating. I used to put the contents of a tin of makeral in with it and pop the empty tin in the bin behind me. It took the bloke I sat next to about a year to ask if I could find another bin. :D
I had that salad! But put the mackerel in before I left. But, whilst the mackerel seemed fine, the salad looked rank :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today I got up at 2am to go do a transfer departing at 3am. Ended up getting there a bit early and the transfer driver picking up before me wasn't there :o So had to fight of stressed people that wanted me to drive them, and as the hotel had talked to the boss and I was about to take them instead of my guys, the other driver turned up. Phew! I ended up with Irish people. But, second early start in a row, passengers not talkative - not sleeping, just not communicative. I do get it, but it's just nice to have someone to talk to on an early transfer!! LOL

Drove back to the most recent, then some back 'issues', of the News Quiz. The latest one had me howling with laughter, then one of the old ones did the same when someone commented on the energy crisis "it's pretty bad, I can't heat my basement - there's nothing worse than a cold gimp" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tried to sleep when I got back, but I never have been able to go back to bed and sleep in the day :( Really need somewhere to live with space for a big comfy sofa - can always snooze in one of those!! LOL

Early night tonight I think! Back to office work tomorrow :bblonde: