In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

Right, deep breath. Let's get a few things straight shall we? Potter has tried to infer I'm a racist before because I criticised the '5 minute Chancellor' that put a serious dent in my, and others, pensions, but never mind, this time he's accusing people of being racist because they accuse Nadhim Zahawi of avoiding tax, so...

The Prime Minister appointed an ethics adviser, Sir Laurie Magnus, who produced a scathing report which left Zahawi sacked and branded as a liar as well as a tax avoider. Zahawi tried to brand accusations that he'd tried to avoid '£3.8M worth of CGT' as 'a smear' and went on the legal offensive, while quietly settling with HMRC.

Now, if our dinghy sailing chum in Dubai wants to accuse me or Sir Laurie Magnus (the appointee of our PM, Mr Sunak) of racism I suggest he gives reality a call. If he wants to accuse me of being a racist again, I suggest he keeps sailing and bailing.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

There's only one way to resolve that like sensible adults.

And that's to meet up in real life for a flight.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:58 pm There's only one way to resolve that like sensible adults.

And that's to meet up in real life for a flight.
Righto, see you at Mansfield Krav Maga. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Felix

Post by Felix »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:55 pm
you bigoted, racist and homophobic old men…. your vile ill-informed shit...

"A Muslim made me take my hat off", "Rich people are plotting against me", "A trans person pissed in the wrong toilet bowl".
Mugs
And that’s him after most of one beer!
4.2% and it looks quite sunny out.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Has everyone got cabin fever?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:33 pm Right, deep breath. Let's get a few things straight shall we? Potter has tried to infer I'm a racist before because I criticised the '5 minute Chancellor' that put a serious dent in my, and others, pensions, but never mind, this time he's accusing people of being racist because they accuse Nadhim Zahawi of avoiding tax, so...

The Prime Minister appointed an ethics adviser, Sir Laurie Magnus, who produced a scathing report which left Zahawi sacked and branded as a liar as well as a tax avoider. Zahawi tried to brand accusations that he'd tried to avoid '£3.8M worth of CGT' as 'a smear' and went on the legal offensive, while quietly settling with HMRC.

Now, if our dinghy sailing chum in Dubai wants to accuse me or Sir Laurie Magnus (the appointee of our PM, Mr Sunak) of racism I suggest he gives reality a call. If he wants to accuse me of being a racist again, I suggest he keeps sailing and bailing.
It's your move cowboy, but just to be absolutely crystal, I didn't accuse you of racism, you've managed to do that all on your own.

I deliberately didn't directly quote anyone or accuse anyone in particular of any particular brand of hate, I just threw out a wide open general complaint about the anti-Muslim bias, the anti-trans bias, the overwhelming bias of Labour propaganda, etc.

In fact, I hadn't even thought about you when I posted that, but you've chosen to grab onto one part of it, apply it to yourself even if you think it doesn't fit, then get all teenage girl about it.

You've now made it personal and you're clearly very angry that I'm calling out hate posts on the internet, the flexing "Right, deep breath" like you're some sort of powerhouse that would crush me if you didn't manage to show mercy and then closing your post by naming towns and making a veiled threat is cowardly.

No deep breaths needed here, but I suggest you take a few more.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

A handy checklist for any future posts. Please circle as appropriate before submitting to Potter for approval :thumbup:
skin tones.jpg
skin tones.jpg (140.08 KiB) Viewed 429 times
rel_spec.png
rel_spec.png (168.75 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Pol Spectrum.jpg
Pol Spectrum.jpg (79.04 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Ant

Post by Ant »

Saw this on Twitter :D

JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:25 am
Count Steer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:33 pm Right, deep breath. Let's get a few things straight shall we? Potter has tried to infer I'm a racist before because I criticised the '5 minute Chancellor' that put a serious dent in my, and others, pensions, but never mind, this time he's accusing people of being racist because they accuse Nadhim Zahawi of avoiding tax, so...

It's your move cowboy, but just to be absolutely crystal, I didn't accuse you of racism, you've managed to do that all on your own.

I deliberately didn't directly quote anyone or accuse anyone in particular of any particular brand of hate, I just threw out a wide open general complaint about the anti-Muslim bias, the anti-trans bias, the overwhelming bias of Labour propaganda, etc.

In fact, I hadn't even thought about you when I posted that, but you've chosen to grab onto one part of it, apply it to yourself even if you think it doesn't fit, then get all teenage girl about it.

You've now made it personal and you're clearly very angry that I'm calling out hate posts on the internet, the flexing "Right, deep breath" like you're some sort of powerhouse that would crush me if you didn't manage to show mercy and then closing your post by naming towns and making a veiled threat is cowardly.

No deep breaths needed here, but I suggest you take a few more.
Why should I give a shit about men who pretend to be women?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:32 pm US just shot down another balloon, this one over Alaska
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Hoonercat wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:24 am A handy checklist for any future posts. Please circle as appropriate before submitting to Potter for approval :thumbup:
You should see the reaction of septics when they find out I'm a conservative atheist AND an ordained minister :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Spot the difference:

Brit Awards 2023: Why are no women nominated for best artist?
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64264069

WhatsOnStage Awards: Jodie Comer and Lucie Jones among winners
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64596997

S'funny how outrage only flows under certain circumstance......
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

gremlin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 am Spot the difference:

I’ve never heard of WhatsOnStage Awards. I suppose that’s one reason I’m not “outraged.”
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mars Wrigley factory fined after two workers fall into chocolate vat

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64620418

Yeah, right....'sorry boss, we accidentally fell into that vat of chocolate'...that ol' chestnut. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

gremlin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 am Spot the difference:

Love it. They wanted a gender neutral category, they got one. So neither men or women entered it, as they happily entered a gender neutral category ;)

So, the "they" who won aren't men, as there's no gender innit ;)
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

You get a better view of the thing here.

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

JackyJoll wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:28 pmWhy should I give a shit about men who pretend to be women?
Do you give a shit about anyone?
Potter

Post by Potter »

JackyJoll wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:28 pm
Why should I give a shit about men who pretend to be women?
I don't think you should, especially if it scares you, put it out of your mind and chill :thumbup:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Bike Breaker wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:48 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:28 pmWhy should I give a shit about men who pretend to be women?
Do you give a shit about anyone?
Yes.