Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: In todays news...

Post by ZRX61 »

US just shot down another balloon, this one over Alaska
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:50 pm I doubt Zahawi actually has much to do with his tax returns, I know I have little to do with mine, the accountant askes some questions, I answer and sign at the end. It's the accountants that appear to have done things badly.

Professionals have responsibility for their work and advice being right. Are Zahawi’s accountants paying the fines?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:09 pm
Professionals have responsibility for their work and advice being right. Are Zahawi’s accountants paying the fines?
These are the breaks when you move up the ladder. More power, more responsibility, more moolah. Sure you can cede tasks to lackeys and hired hands, so tough shit when it goes wrong you lazy git. But of course you probably also have the money and influence to wriggle out of it. Zahawi is a blagger.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Potter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:50 pm I doubt Zahawi actually has much to do with his tax returns, I know I have little to do with mine, the accountant askes some questions, I answer and sign at the end. It's the accountants that appear to have done things badly.

Like a few professions they don't like taking responsibility, I get sent piles of paper I don't understand for my approval before they submit them.
When I bought my house nobody would verify the vendor was the legal owner despite me paying lawyers to do just that.
Felix

Post by Felix »

dern wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 pm
Talk about bikes more. You’ll be happier.
Now who does that remind me of :lol:
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 pm
These are the breaks when you move up the ladder. More power, more responsibility, more moolah. Sure you can cede tasks to lackeys and hired hands, so tough shit when it goes wrong you lazy git. But of course you probably also have the money and influence to wriggle out of it. Zahawi is a blagger.
I suppose you could call him a blagger, just like the hundreds of thousands of other people that hire tax accountants to minimise their tax, and the thousands that get caught every year fiddling it.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Let's call it for what it is though, he's a Tory and rich, he's also an Iraqi born brown Muslim, so he doesn't actually need to do anything, most of you in this bigoted political wank section are bitter old white men and you'll hate him regardless. I don't know if you even admit it to yourselves, but it's true, you do actually hate him because of who he is, regardless of anything he has or hasn't done.
irie

Post by irie »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 pm ... Zahawi is a blagger.
Agree with you, Zahawi is habitual ducker and diver.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:28 am Let's call it for what it is though, he's a Tory and rich, he's also an Iraqi born brown Muslim, so he doesn't actually need to do anything, most of you in this bigoted political wank section are bitter old white men and you'll hate him regardless. I don't know if you even admit it to yourselves, but it's true, you do actually hate him because of who he is, regardless of anything he has or hasn't done.
The stinky bait merchant strikes again! :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Ant

Post by Ant »

irie wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:35 am
Potter wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:28 am Let's call it for what it is though, he's a Tory and rich, he's also an Iraqi born brown Muslim, so he doesn't actually need to do anything, most of you in this bigoted political wank section are bitter old white men and you'll hate him regardless. I don't know if you even admit it to yourselves, but it's true, you do actually hate him because of who he is, regardless of anything he has or hasn't done.
But he's right.....
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

And lets not forget corrupt though eh?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Not bait, just fact.
I can say confidently that it's not bait, because I'd prefer it if you bigoted, racist and homophobic old men didn't reply and simply never posted your vile ill-informed shit ever again.

"A Muslim made me take my hat off", "Rich people are plotting against me", "A trans person pissed in the wrong toilet bowl".
Mugs :roll:
demographic wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:19 am
Criminally?

I genuinely don't know if he is or isn't.
I can say with some certainty that the other fellow is because he was convicted recently in a UK court of law, but I don't know about this bloke, HMRC say he was careless, I presume they know the details better than either of us, but feel free to pass on your evidence and have him criminally convicted if you know better.
I'd side with you if you said he lacked integrity, I think few politicians have much, they'll sell their own mothers.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:09 am

"A Muslim made me take my hat off", "Rich people are plotting against me", "A trans person pissed in the wrong toilet bowl".
Hold on, choose your targets wisely!, you can't have a go at both the woke-Marxists and the brexity-gammons in the same breath ffs. Maybe you should take O'Maras case more sympathetically lest you be accused of autism-hatred by the way.

We all know swinging money and influence can get you off the hook. Zahawi was the effing chancellor at the time - too careless to understand the rules, too brazen to think they applied to him anyway. Shades of Boris.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Potter wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:09 am
Not bait, just fact.
I can say confidently that it's not bait, because I'd prefer it if you bigoted, racist and homophobic old men didn't reply and simply never posted your vile ill-informed shit ever again.

demographic wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:19 am
Criminally?

I genuinely don't know if he is or isn't.
I can say with some certainty that the other fellow is because he was convicted recently in a UK court of law, but I don't know about this bloke, HMRC say he was careless, I presume they know the details better than either of us, but feel free to pass on your evidence and have him criminally convicted if you know better.
I'd side with you if you said he lacked integrity, I think few politicians have much, they'll sell their own mothers.
The Labour cokehead bloke? Hell yes, guilty and I don't have any sympathy for him.
Zaharwi? Well, yeah, he had to pay extra on his tax, but he was promoted to chancellor of the exchequer after the story had appeared in the papers.
Then all those around him said there was nothing to see here please move on.
He also threatened a reporter with legal action so he could suppress the story.

Somewhere in amongst that theres at the very least the basis for a full and unbiased investigation to be instigated.
Ant

Post by Ant »

I love it when the lefty gammons are up in a mouth foaming rage when it's about someone with money. Resent and bitter jealousy. I bet these chaps can lose pocket money which would be a gammony lefties life savings and not even notice it.

If I can't have it, then I don't want anyone else to have it :)
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

The clever brothers are on form today! :lol:
Potter

Post by Potter »

The hate firm are hating.

I’ve just finished my pint and I’m setting sail. Nothing more to say to the haters.
Enjoy your bitterness, mugs.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Top flounce, old chap... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

you bigoted, racist and homophobic old men…. your vile ill-informed shit...

Mugs
And that’s him after most of one beer!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

You'd think you'd be thrown out of the yacht club for posting such blasphemy.