In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Re: In todays news...

Post by demographic »

In an entirely unrelated note, Googles Bard Chatbot wipes billions off the value of Google shares.
Full story here.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... mment-text

"Google’s response to ChatGPT has got off to an embarrassing start after its new artificial intelligence-powered chatbot gave a wrong answer in a promotional video, as investors wiped more than $100bn (£82bn) off the value of the search engine’s parent company, Alphabet.

The sell-off on Wednesday came amid investor fears that Microsoft, which is deploying an ChatGPT-powered version of its Bing search engine, will damage Google’s business. Alphabet stock slid by 9% during regular trading in the US but was flat after hours."
Ant

Post by Ant »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:57 pm
Ant wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:48 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:44 pm

Definitely an AI bot with special needs programming.
Deffo, 100%

But all of this little tantruming is as a result of you not being able to provide proof for a claim you made innit ;)
You know when 1/5 people in every group in society is a wanker.

It's not the other 4.

What happened to you? You used to actually bring something constructive to the forums. It's really sad to see what you've become on here now.

I wonder if you'll look back and be embarrassed
Embarrassed over what? You say it's sad what I've become now, well what have I become? Someone who like conversations and challenges? You don't like it when someone backs themselves into a corner? Is this the modern day forum fascist regime?

It's interesting as when having a conversation and asking questions, the ususal suspects chime in to denigrate, which I haven't done.

It seems to be a theme that when someone can't answer a question, it kinda goes wrong, then you chime in yet again with your snidey campagne you have for me.

What's happened to you? You used to actually bring something constructive to the forums. It's really sad to see what you've become on here now.

I wonder if you'll look back and be embarrassed.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Lol you couldn't be more wrong fella. I'm trying to point out the same as always. Forums are about chat, talking, discussion. You're not bringing that these days. You bring hatred, derision, unhappiness.

Whether you think someone has backed themselves into a corner or not isn't the point. It's not about winning, scoring points off eachother.

Sometimes it's about being the better man, being here to better the forum, to bring something useful to the discussion.

Sadly you're not going to see it as you're sitting there in your bitter little world mocking everyone for being inferior to you.

I have nothing against you, not any sort of vendetta, but as I pointed out to Deadpool, potter and Tomcat in the past, I'll continue to point out to you.

You are not bringing a useful contribution

Continue all you want, I'm not going to moderate you. But I do pity you
Ant

Post by Ant »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Lol you couldn't be more wrong fella. I'm trying to point out the same as always. Forums are about chat, talking, discussion. You're not bringing that these days. You bring hatred, derision, unhappiness.

No, I am bringing that, I’m very much open to discussion. Have another look, people throw tantrums when they can’t answer a question, I don’t. I can discuss, you and the others here have done nothing but name call and denigrate. How do you measure hate? What hate have I said? What have I hated? Again, this will go wrong as I’ve asked a question, which you’ll not be able to answer I suppose
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Whether you think someone has backed themselves into a corner or not isn't the point. It's not about winning, scoring points off eachother.

It is the point though, as that’s what happened and that’s why others are now name calling, then you chime in and call me out when all I’ve done is the thing you say I haven’t done - have a discussion. One sided? Yes.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Sometimes it's about being the better man, being here to better the forum, to bring something useful to the discussion.

Exactly, be the man, don’t throw a tantrum when people can’t answer a simple question.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Sadly you're not going to see it as you're sitting there in your bitter little world mocking everyone for being inferior to you.

Bitter? Are you serious? Look at the responses to my questions. I’ve just discussed, then the bitter people go off on one. How is asking a question being bitter? You’re utterly deluded lol.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm I have nothing against you, not any sort of vendetta, but as I pointed out to Deadpool, potter and Tomcat in the past, I'll continue to point out to you.

And the others are, who have named called?
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Continue all you want, I'm not going to moderate you. But I do pity you

You know what, I pitty you, I really do, but it’s not my fault your mates can’t articulate themselves. It’s down to them when they can’t answer a question.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

My mate? I've never met the guy. He's another forum poster just like you.

Anyway, I'm done. Enjoy
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Ant wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:35 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Lol you couldn't be more wrong fella. I'm trying to point out the same as always. Forums are about chat, talking, discussion. You're not bringing that these days. You bring hatred, derision, unhappiness.

No, I am bringing that, I’m very much open to discussion. Have another look, people throw tantrums when they can’t answer a question, I don’t. I can discuss, you and the others here have done nothing but name call and denigrate. How do you measure hate? What hate have I said? What have I hated? Again, this will go wrong as I’ve asked a question, which you’ll not be able to answer I suppose
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Whether you think someone has backed themselves into a corner or not isn't the point. It's not about winning, scoring points off eachother.

It is the point though, as that’s what happened and that’s why others are now name calling, then you chime in and call me out when all I’ve done is the thing you say I haven’t done - have a discussion. One sided? Yes.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Sometimes it's about being the better man, being here to better the forum, to bring something useful to the discussion.

Exactly, be the man, don’t throw a tantrum when people can’t answer a simple question.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Sadly you're not going to see it as you're sitting there in your bitter little world mocking everyone for being inferior to you.

Bitter? Are you serious? Look at the responses to my questions. I’ve just discussed, then the bitter people go off on one. How is asking a question being bitter? You’re utterly deluded lol.
weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm I have nothing against you, not any sort of vendetta, but as I pointed out to Deadpool, potter and Tomcat in the past, I'll continue to point out to you.

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:26 pm Continue all you want, I'm not going to moderate you. But I do pity you

You know what, I pitty you, I really do, but it’s not my fault your mates can’t articulate themselves. It’s down to them when they can’t answer a question.
You've been given a bollocking. A real good bollocking, see. :lol:

Take the bollocking like man. Don't try and twist and turn, like a twisty turney thing.
dern

Post by dern »

Ant wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:35 pm

Talk about bikes more. You’ll be happier.
Ant

Post by Ant »

dern wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 pm Talk about bikes more. You’ll be happier.
I am happy, happily asking questions people back pedal away from after making statements they can't support :)

Bikes is the other section, this is the politics section.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I thought the the corrupt Labour MP story was an interesting narrative on what happens when Marxist ideology becomes reality and a member of the proletariat throws his hat into the ring without the support of the Labour political elite (because he doesn't come from a union elite background?) and is given £80k a year and the power to do whatever he wants with a political position.

But apparently posts in the political wank section are just "political wank" if it's not anti-tory, anti-trans, anti-muslim, anti-Russian, etc.

Here is the 19hrs old story from the front page of the BBC...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sou ... e-64238808

""Frankly, I wasn't expecting it," O'Mara admitted to supporters at the count as the bar manager turned Labour MP celebrated defeating former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg."

Apparently O'Mara was dismayed when he wasn't given any support from his hero Mr Corbyn - presumably O'Mara wasn't a union member.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

asmethurst99 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:46 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern- ... Lfp-j-6euk
No racing in NI
Oh wow... that's a bit of a shocker... I'd have thought there would be contingency plans like local governments helping out as it'll increase their overall income from a race being held there.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:23 am I thought the the corrupt Labour MP story was an interesting narrative on what happens when Marxist ideology becomes reality and a member of the proletariat throws his hat into the ring without the support of the Labour political elite (because he doesn't come from a union elite background?) and is given £80k a year and the power to do whatever he wants with a political position.

But apparently posts in the political wank section are just "political wank" if it's not anti-tory, anti-trans, anti-muslim, anti-Russian, etc.

Here is the 19hrs old story from the front page of the BBC...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sou ... e-64238808

""Frankly, I wasn't expecting it," O'Mara admitted to supporters at the count as the bar manager turned Labour MP celebrated defeating former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg."

Apparently O'Mara was dismayed when he wasn't given any support from his hero Mr Corbyn - presumably O'Mara wasn't a union member.
Naughty, you'll have the hate brigade after you with pitchforks claiming that you're the one spreading hate......
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:23 am

Personally I'd have let the robbing liebour link sit because
- expenses news are boring.
- apparently only two people on here care
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:53 am
asmethurst99 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:46 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern- ... Lfp-j-6euk
No racing in NI
Oh wow... that's a bit of a shocker... I'd have thought there would be contingency plans like local governments helping out as it'll increase their overall income from a race being held there.
I hope its not the end of the story - I'm not the worlds greatest Motorsport fan fan but i love the road races - I would imagine financial support from local government will be a minefield - I do hope something can be sorted out .
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:19 am

He tried to claim £52k of public money he wasn't entitled to, this is chicken feed when compared to the PPI contract Matt Hancock awarded to a bloke he met in a pub, or the £29m from a PPI contract "resting" in Baroness Mone's bank account. If he was a Tory they would have rounded it up to £5m and given him a peerage.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

My only issue with political wank links are when people post nothing more than that. As a moderator i have to check links etc to make sure they're OK, if someone posts a link and adds the context, then i don't necessarily have to check as i know what the content is.

I don't care if people post politics from either side, both sides or completely unusual sides... as long as it's a discussion. Links without context are a particular bugbear for me.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Nadine Dorries is going to step down as an MP

Could I be the first to offer my thoughts and prayers to the folks of North Bedfordshire at this difficult time.
Presumably she needed more time to lick Boris's boots
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

My local road racing will return this July. I apologise in advance for the Facebook link but it's the most up to date info although nothing on this years dates yet. It's in a place called Algueña which is a 40 minute drive from Alicante airport.

https://www.facebook.com/motoclubalguenya/
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mr Moofo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:51 am Nadine Dorries is going to step down as an MP

Could I be the first to offer my thoughts and prayers to the folks of North Bedfordshire at this difficult time.
Presumably she needed more time to lick Boris's boots
Probably another one using the HoP as a stepping stone to their true calling, 'light entertainment '.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:19 am

An MP sentenced to 4 years in prison for fraud committed while he was in office is boring, but government advisor going for a picnic at a northern castle is interesting?
:lol: