In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

irie wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:45 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm
irie wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:21 pm

The two separate issues are firstly climate change, and secondly Thunberg's untreated OCD which has left her open to exploitation.
So you agree that climate change is A Thing, it's real, it's not a scam and urgent action is needed to combat it? And you agree that Greta's actions in trying to highlight the need for an urgent response to the crisis is praiseworthy and to be commended and assisted?
So you agree that there are two separate issues. Good.
No he hasn't said that at all. Are you getting different posts from the rest of us?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm
Yambo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 pm Great Thunberg pissed me off when she gave that speech a few years ago and accused world leaders, with a face twisted in hate, of stealing her childhood or future, whatever it was.

All around the world child labour is used for all sorts of things. They are the ones whose childhoods have been stolen not some little middle class autistic kid. If she was to campaign for an end to child labour, bearing in mind she now has a platform, I'd be more inclined to listen.
That is a squirrel! of epic proportions.

She isn't campaigning for what you want her to?

It's like climate change won't affect those kids in poor countries where they're used as cheap labour and create even more poverty? You want her to campaign against people that demand £1 t-shirts?
I wouldn't have thought you'd be in favour of child labour tbh but fair play.

Great Thunberg is campaigning on what she wants. Personally, I don't actually give a shit about what she campaigns for or against, I don't listen to her.

I do think she's wasting her time on CC though.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Yambo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:49 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm
Yambo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 pm Great Thunberg pissed me off when she gave that speech a few years ago and accused world leaders, with a face twisted in hate, of stealing her childhood or future, whatever it was.

All around the world child labour is used for all sorts of things. They are the ones whose childhoods have been stolen not some little middle class autistic kid. If she was to campaign for an end to child labour, bearing in mind she now has a platform, I'd be more inclined to listen.
That is a squirrel! of epic proportions.

She isn't campaigning for what you want her to?

It's like climate change won't affect those kids in poor countries where they're used as cheap labour and create even more poverty? You want her to campaign against people that demand £1 t-shirts?
I wouldn't have thought you'd be in favour of child labour tbh but fair play.
:wtf:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

So climate change, what can we do? Put a shade over the sun since we're in a high solar activity period? The sun is where the heat comes from after all.

Oh, by the way, it's freezing outside.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Why you should always "excel" at work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-64315355
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

'Rehoming'? Yeah, right. Tommy's for the glue factory.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
irie

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:48 pm
irie wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:45 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm
So you agree that climate change is A Thing, it's real, it's not a scam and urgent action is needed to combat it? And you agree that Greta's actions in trying to highlight the need for an urgent response to the crisis is praiseworthy and to be commended and assisted?
So you agree that there are two separate issues. Good.
No he hasn't said that at all. Are you getting different posts from the rest of us?
As said above, the two issues are (a) climate change and (b) Greta's actions.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Ant

Post by Ant »

Child advocates such as Greta Thuneberg and the crudely indoctrinated children of the “Sunrise movement” are essentially sock puppets for their shameless activist handlers. Refuse to bend the knee to these tiny fascists and the mainstream left will relentlessly attack you as an accessory to mass murder.

The leading advocates of the Climate Change movement are politicians, entertainers, and even children. Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever yet live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Climate Change is happening, it may even have been caused by humans, and is almost certainly been exacerbated by them. The solution is obvious, but unpalatable, get rid of humans.

Barring a great leap forward in technological solutions we are stuck with Climate Change, and had better get used to it - it will happen. In the UK we are better placed than many other countries, but if any politician seriously thinks we (the ordinary people in the western civilized world) are going to take this seriously while they (the great and the good) can fly off to assorted places to talk about it, they need a serious word with themselves. In any event some of the biggest polluters (like India and China) are only paying lip service, and if they continue to do that even reducing Europe and North Americas pollution to zero would have no significant effect.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 pm Child advocates such as Greta Thuneberg and the crudely indoctrinated children of the “Sunrise movement” are essentially sock puppets for their shameless activist handlers. Refuse to bend the knee to these tiny fascists and the mainstream left will relentlessly attack you as an accessory to mass murder.

The leading advocates of the Climate Change movement are politicians, entertainers, and even children. Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever yet live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.

You sure as hell didn't write that.
Couldn't find the quotation marks? :lol:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

FFS.

Isn't there a Greta thread somewhere for all this bollocks that I can ignore, rather than the occasionally jovial random news thread?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 pm Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever yet live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.
And yet here you are doing exactly that.

Pretty sure that's what you were doing on that "my boiler is fooked" thread recently by the way. I'm not complaining, it was hilarious.
Ant

Post by Ant »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:48 pm
Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 pm Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever yet live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.

Pretty sure that's what you were doing on that "my boiler is fooked" thread recently by the way. I'm not complaining, it was hilarious.
Is that your way of telling us that you have scientific training? Or admitting to being a cult follower?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:51 pm
DefTrap wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Is that your way of telling us that you have scientific training? Or admitting to being a cult follower?
No it's his way of saying you nicked it.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Ant

Post by Ant »

That must mean I've said something you can't muster up a plausible argument against I suppose. So, happy with that.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 pm That must mean I've said something you can't muster up a plausible argument against I suppose. So, happy with that.
Youve said something?

Not just copied it off the Iowa Climate org without showing where you nicked the quote from and tried to pass it off as your own?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 pm Child advocates such as Greta Thuneberg and the crudely indoctrinated children of the “Sunrise movement” are essentially sock puppets for their shameless activist handlers. Refuse to bend the knee to these tiny fascists and the mainstream left will relentlessly attack you as an accessory to mass murder.

Blatant cut and paste job. Check here:

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/the-clim ... ing-signs/
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Yep, I did. Blatant.

And your problem is? As already highlighted, dare to question the cult and they want to shut down the conversation.....
demographic

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:13 pm Yep, I did. Blatant.

And your problem is? As already highlighted, dare to question the cult and they want to shut down the conversation.....
Naah, you tried to pass it off as your own but got pulled up on it.
Ant

Post by Ant »