In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
JackyJoll

Re: In todays news...

Post by JackyJoll »

Says it’s an awkward problem, the old double-barrel.

https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news ... 0P1rwi3kZw
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:11 pm Says it’s an awkward problem, the old double-barrel.

I think I'm missing something, what does a second anus have to do with mounting the pavement because he was looking at his satnav?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mussels wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:03 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:11 pm Says it’s an awkward problem, the old double-barrel.

I think I'm missing something, what does a second anus have to do with mounting the pavement because he was looking at his satnav?

I think the magistrate agrees with you.
He was fined a total of £317. His licence was endorsed with three penalty points.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 am
I read that one of the key concessions that the ultra-swivel-eyed-loons extracted from the not-quite-so-ultra-sels is the removal of metal detectors at the entrance to the House so they can get in carrying their beloved guns.

Hands up all those that think that's going to end well next time they think a vote has been 'stolen'. :wtf:
There was almost a bout of fisticuffs after the last vote last night. Some congressman went over to clean Matt Gaetz' clock & was held back by one or two others.
irie

Post by irie »

A new word has entered the English language.

Example: Do you have a Harry glass please?

Which means: Do you have a spare glass please?

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
cheb

Post by cheb »

Yay, lets all gang up on the unfortunate bloke, it's all he deserves. Cyber bullying, it's all the rage.
irie

Post by irie »

cheb wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:15 am Yay, lets all gang up on the unfortunate bloke, it's all he deserves. Cyber bullying, it's all the rage.
He is exploiting his position by very publicly digging the hole of his own victimhood. His behaviour is reinforced by his wife who has done much the same to her own family. He is making himself a laughing stock.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I wouldn't describe him as unfortunate.
irie

Post by irie »

We all knew that most publicly stated forecast benefits of the London Olympics were bollox, but this? WTF!

https://news.sky.com/story/london-2012- ... s-12781113
Sport England has paid "out £1.5bn of taxpayers' money without knowing where two-thirds of it went.

MPs have found in the wake of efforts to tackle a drop in sporting participation after the London Olympics the destination of more than £1bn in grants remains unknown.
irie

Post by irie »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:19 am I wouldn't describe him as unfortunate.
He does need psychiatric help.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

cheb wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:15 am Yay, lets all gang up on the unfortunate bloke, it's all he deserves. Cyber bullying, it's all the rage.
I find the media obsession with taking someone down pretty frightening.
Look at the Express website, there must be more than 20 separate and very similar articles for the ghouls to feed on. It's two faced because this time next week they will be berating 'the modern world in general ' for not being kinder to the next celebrity that tops themselves.

Yes, they've not exactly avoided attention. So what? They're a bit mental and a bit silly. Take their documentaries and exposés for what they are (a bit crap, pretty misguided) and move on.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

The reason for all the publicity about Harry is Harry, despite what he says this is only happening because he wants it to.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 am The reason for all the publicity about Harry is Harry, despite what he says this is only happening because he wants it to.
The reaction is disproportionate, unnecessary, gleeful, unkind. It's allowed the proper wangers to drag out again all sorts of rumour, conjecture and bollocks which will sit there quite happily alongside fact and his first-person opinion.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:51 am
Mussels wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 am The reason for all the publicity about Harry is Harry, despite what he says this is only happening because he wants it to.
The reaction is disproportionate, unnecessary, gleeful, unkind. It's allowed the proper wangers to drag out again all sorts of rumour, conjecture and bollocks which will sit there quite happily alongside fact and his first-person opinion.
I agree but your description works for both sides, they are as bad as each other.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Rishi getting a hard time because he may be registered with a private GP - bit unfair considering a large number of us likely have and use private healthcare that our employers provide as a perk. Surely bigger things to worry about in this world?????
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:56 am
I agree but your description works for both sides, they are as bad as each other.
Plain and simple bullying. The bullied are often said to "deserve it". If he pursues it, because he truly believes it, then the outrage and countering will continue until he's either destroyed or decides to shut up. He's not preaching hatred, persuading people to join his cult, impacting their safety - he's just a rich boy having a moan, no better than the legions of conspiracy theorists inflicting us with their feeble opinions.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

v8-powered wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:24 am Rishi getting a hard time because he may be registered with a private GP
I think I'd be more surprised if he didn't.
irie

Post by irie »

Disproportionate my ass, he's actively bringing on himself with his book "Spare" which I suspect will soon be followed by his wife's (auto)biography! :lol:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

One of wifeys friends said there's more books to follow, her first husband and her father.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

irie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:44 am
Disproportionate my ass, he's actively bringing on himself with his book "Spare" which I suspect will soon be followed by his wife's (auto)biography! :lol:

And others it could be argued with his irresponsible comments about his time in combat.

The report I heard said that the deal they've (Harry and Meghan) done / advance they have is for four books- the next scheduled one to be released is apparently one from Meghan on "Wellness"