In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Ant

Re: In todays news...

Post by Ant »

dern wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:01 pm
Ant wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:38 pm
irie wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 pm

That is not being posted "out of interest", it is posted to try to elicit a response which you can sieze on to try to defend your (indefensible) position.
Innit, plus 'racist' etc isn't even the worth while label to use anymore, it's lost its meaning by being overused so easily. The goalposts have certainly moved on that one.

I fucking hate
racists, misogynists, homophobes and the intolerant. I utterly despise unpleasant people who think it's ok to say whatever they want to be hurtful to whoever they want. I will do everything I can to make them look fucking stupid online and everything in 'real life' to stand up to this shit. It's only by an increasing number of people doing this will we drag ourselves as a society ever further from how things used to be... unacceptably and horribly unequal. Society is changing and no matter how many people are called buttercup or snowflake this dreadful behaviour will continue to be deemed unacceptable by the majority of society.

Merry Christmas.
You hate.........hmmmm

To be fair, that post of yours pretty is much bang on the adjective which you're quite upset about.....

Can I ask, do you get on one knee before a football game?
irie

Post by irie »

dern wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:01 pm ... Society is changing and no matter how many people are called buttercup or snowflake this dreadful behaviour will continue to be deemed unacceptable by the majority of society.
The majority of society, which finds such behaviour unacceptable, does indeed provide a powerful natural counterbalance to the minority who behave unacceptably.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Ant

Post by Ant »

It's funny, as those who are known as a snowflake are the ones who happily shouted GAMMON!!!!! at others. Now there's a name for them, they're not so tolerant at the name calling when the target is now on them and their shouty shouty tears.....
Potter

Post by Potter »

I haven't seen what Clarkson said, but it appears that a man hounded by the press (Clarkson) said something about some other people that have complained about being hounded by the press (Team Megan) and now Clarkson's daughter who wants to be hounded by the press has something to say as well so she gets some attention.

I thought there must be better news than this about, but when I checked the BBC website I saw a story on the front page about a man who rents a Christmas tree because it's better for the environment.

Has anyone checked Hello Magazine to see what kind of underpants David Beckham is wearing this week - we need to know!
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:22 am I haven't seen what Clarkson said, but it appears that a man hounded by the press (Clarkson) said something about some other people that have complained about being hounded by the press (Team Megan) and now Clarkson's daughter who wants to be hounded by the press has something to say as well so she gets some attention.

I thought there must be better news than this about, but when I checked the BBC website I saw a story on the front page about a man who rents a Christmas tree because it's better for the environment.

Has anyone checked Hello Magazine to see what kind of underpants David Beckham is wearing this week - we need to know!
Here you go:
Meghan though, is a different story. I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.

At night, I'm unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, "Shame!" and throw lumps of excrement at her.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

JamJar wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:57 am
Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:22 am I haven't seen what Clarkson said, but it appears that a man hounded by the press (Clarkson) said something about some other people that have complained about being hounded by the press (Team Megan) and now Clarkson's daughter who wants to be hounded by the press has something to say as well so she gets some attention.

Here you go:
Meghan though, is a different story. I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.

At night, I'm unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, "Shame!" and throw lumps of excrement at her.
I don't think folk were supposed to take it seriously :D
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:22 am
I asked but they fobbed me off with 'It's Victoria's Secret' :cry:
porter_jamie

Post by porter_jamie »

dern wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:01 pm

I fucking hate racists, misogynists, homophobes and the intolerant.
and the dutch
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Two things I can't abide. Intolerance of other cultures, and the Dutch.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 am Two things I can't abide. Intolerance of other cultures, and the Dutch.
OI!
non quod, sed quomodo
cheb

Post by cheb »

A low lying country full of low lying people :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Here you go:

Crikey, reading that is as uncomfortable as watching an amateur circus clown juggle knives and stab himself in the face - but it's not racist or even misogynistic really, a man would be equally as unhappy walking the streets and having shit thrown at them. And in fact if he'd said Liz Truss instead of MM there would be people on here clinking their glasses in a toast to it.

I'm ok with a bit of anti-hate ranting, but I don't remember any of these same people on here condemning Angela Rayner for inciting hatred when she called people scum for voting Tory, or the hatred and misogyny shown towards Liz Truss.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:49 am

I'm ok with a bit of anti-hate ranting, but I don't remember any of these same people on here condemning Angela Rayner for inciting hatred when she called people scum for voting Tory, or the hatred and misogyny shown towards Liz Truss.
TBH , the issue with L Truss was she was a blatant self promoter - and everyone hated her, for being her. When she truly fucked up because of arrogance and over self belief, it became a field day.
Everyone has a right to hate her, because she cost the country billions ( even if only in the short term)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:58 am
TBH , the issue with L Truss was she was a blatant self promoter - and everyone hated her, for being her. When she truly fucked up because of arrogance and over self belief, it became a field day.
Everyone has a right to hate her, because she cost the country billions ( even if only in the short term)
Whatever it was for, the abuse she's taken, even just on here, is way more than MM, but strangely there was no rallying cry against hate then.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:49 am
Here you go:

Crikey, reading that is as uncomfortable as watching an amateur circus clown juggle knives and stab himself in the face - but it's not racist or even misogynistic really, a man would be equally as unhappy walking the streets and having shit thrown at them. And in fact if he'd said Liz Truss instead of MM there would be people on here clinking their glasses in a toast to it.

After Rayner made those comments, I seriously thought Kier Starmer would have removed her.

Liz Truss was the target of a misogynistic self loathing hate campaign, whilst as usual, the Bank of England gets away with it again. If that had happened to a black Labour MP, there would have been riots.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Just to be clear, I think what Clarkson said is in really bad taste, whether he meant it or not.
I don't know if he was trying to be funny but it simply wasn't.

But it's only an issue because he's a parody of a rich tory buffoon and it's a vehicle for some to vent a bit of angst, like I said if he'd have said it about Truss then I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit that not a single person on here moaning about it now, would have moaned about it then.

I quite like Megan Markle, she's a show biz person and so vanity and self-promotion come with the deal but from what I've seen she seems like a nice enough person and Harry seems to have found someone that makes him happy, so I don't get the hatred.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I don't care what Jeremy Clarkson thinks about Megan Markle, or what Megan Markle thinks about Jeremy Clarkson, if people I don't know want to hate each other it's none of my business
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 pm Just to be clear, I think what Clarkson said is in really bad taste, whether he meant it or not.
I don't know if he was trying to be funny but it simply wasn't.

But it's only an issue because he's a parody of a rich tory buffoon and it's a vehicle for some to vent a bit of angst, like I said if he'd have said it about Truss then I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit that not a single person on here moaning about it now, would have moaned about it then.

I quite like Megan Markle, she's a show biz person and so vanity and self-promotion come with the deal but from what I've seen she seems like a nice enough person and Harry seems to have found someone that makes him happy, so I don't get the hatred.
I don't know about Tory, it appears he might be more left than right wing?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Potter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 pm.

The reason I don't like her is because they make such a big deal about press intrusion and their privacy but then sell negative stories about other people, she is the gutter press she pretends to hate.
She gets the flack as she appears to be the driving force behind it.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Actually I think it's cool, people on the left putting aside their bias and rushing to the defence of one of the Royals who was gifted a privileged life from birth and a self-made successful businesswoman absolutely dripping in cash and Louis Vuitton :lol:

They're my kind of lefties :thumbup: