In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: In todays news...

Post by mangocrazy »

This may be just my theorising based on less than substantial evidence, but could it be that the media have pretty much declared open season on Harry (and Meghan) because they suspect that he's not actually Charles's son? Plus he's committed the cardinal sin of marrying a mixed-race American...

Awaits incoming...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:08 pm This may be just my theorising based on less than substantial evidence, but could it be that the media have pretty much declared open season on Harry (and Meghan) because they suspect that he's not actually Charles's son? Plus he's committed the cardinal sin of marrying a mixed-race American...

Awaits incoming...
The howls of anger from people when he married her made me suspect that all the people complaining about her were secretly hoping Harry would marry them instead.
Even Clarkson has been bitching like a jilted ex girlfriend recently.

Mind Clarkson is just desperately trying to remain in the news as he's less relevant by saying more and more childish crap.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

And his daughter called him out very publicly. Good for her.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm And his daughter called him out very publicly. Good for her.

He's another one who just seems to be having a 40 year long midlife crisis, like Elon Musk.
Unless he's just "Winding the left up" which seems to be a euphemism for acting like a knob.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

If Harry was so upset about what happened to his mum I'd expect him to do a bit more campaigning about drink driving.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:07 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:01 pm
dern wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:00 pm

You don't know what right wing and left wing means?
No. And I don't want to know.

Politics don't have a place in my life.
I can fully understand you wanting to block out all the white noise that emanates from all sides of the political spectrum, but unfortunately politics affects all of us in every aspect of our life. So while you may not want it to have a place in your life, I'm afraid it does...

Sorry...
No. It fucking doesn't :obscene-birdiedoublered:
irie

Post by irie »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:43 pm ... I very much doubt he's gonna receive any different treatment from them by suing them a lot and making documentaries about them though.
This ^^^
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Ant

Post by Ant »

All of the buttercups up in arms over Jeremy Clarkson. It's not as if he said pour acid all over her body, is it?

When Jo Brand made a ‘joke’ about the ‘milk shaking’ of Nigel Farage by saying: “Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?”. I don’t recall MPs writing letters calling for her to be punished by her employer. How come it’s different for Jeremy Clarkson?
dern

Post by dern »

Ant wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:20 pm All of the buttercups up in arms over Jeremy Clarkson. It's not as if he said pour acid all over her body, is it?
Buttercup? :lol:, he wrote "I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level. At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, 'Shame!' and throw lumps of excrement at her."... not on the spur of the moment but in a newspaper column that he would have proof read and so would the newspaper. It reflects extraordinarily badly on anyone who thinks that this is acceptable and tries to defend this. I'd go so far as to say you'd have to be way beyond stupid, verging on being a really grim person. Jo Brand was reported to the police by the way.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

dern wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:46 pm
Ant wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:20 pm All of the buttercups up in arms over Jeremy Clarkson. It's not as if he said pour acid all over her body, is it?
Buttercup? :lol:, he wrote "I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level. At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, 'Shame!' and throw lumps of excrement at her."... not on the spur of the moment but in a newspaper column that he would have proof read and so would the newspaper. It reflects extraordinarily badly on anyone who thinks that this is acceptable and tries to defend this. I'd go so far as to say you'd have to be way beyond stupid, verging on being a really grim person. Jo Brand was reported to the police by the way.

Clarkson has rarely done anything that could be taken seriously. Why would he change?

I can't stand the clown by the way. For a supposed motoring journalist he was remarkably I'll informed on road safety issues for example.

It may well be that he's a misogynist arsehole but for me he's just an arsehole. I'm surprised anyone is interested.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Did I miss the stink kicked up when GoT showed this nasty misogynist scene he referenced?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mussels wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:17 pm Did I miss the stink kicked up when GoT showed this nasty misogynist scene he referenced?
Have you actually watched GoT for more than just this clip? That's pretty tame compared to some of the stuff in it. But (importantly) it's all just fiction. Wishing that on a live human being is somewhat different.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Plus the whole bloody point of the scene in GoT is that it's a humiliating experience :hmmm:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

It just goes to show the sort of treatment anyone can expect if they dare to go up against the fluffy, liberal, left-wing buttercup-lizards that run the MSM.....like Rupert Murdoch. :hmmm:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

Innit, the left don't muck about when it comes to a hate consumed narcissistic witch hunt.
irie

Post by irie »

He said it was a "dream".

Clarkson is a known exaggerator, and in any case it is free speech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-59727118
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

irie wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:06 pm

But he is unable to sleep so he is imagining rather than dreaming.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

When Jo Brand made a ‘joke’ about the ‘milk shaking’ of Nigel Farage by saying: “Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?”. I don’t recall MPs writing letters calling for her to be punished by her employer. How come it’s different for Jeremy Clarkson?
Theresa May called on the BBC at the time to explain why it happened and she was PM.
dern

Post by dern »

irie wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:06 pm

He was using dream in the context of 'look forward to' or 'anticipating'.

It is free speech (well, unless it incites someone) but it's still vile and I can't abide people who express views like this.

If he gets fired it won't be because he was 'cancelled', it'll simply be because he reduced the readership of the sun, rather than increased it.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:56 pm Innit, the left don't muck about when it comes to a hate consumed narcissistic witch hunt.
Nothing to see though is there?
He made 'a joke' to get a titter out of Sun readers FFS, and he's done this so many times before he effectively planned the backlash. And his victim is one carefully chosen as one who has already received extremes of support and anger. Its just more publicity points for Clarkson.

Although it would be funny if Clarkson was stripped naked and covered in excrement in a public place.