DPD

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Dodgy69

DPD

Post by Dodgy69 »

My wife ordered a TV and a vacuum for her mother. Should of been delivered Monday but message said delayed until Tuesday, that's fine, but today ( Tuesday ) still no delivery. This afternoon I received a message saying parcels have been delivered but wife at home says no.

On the app it says they were delivered at 11.50 am and signed for. This is complete bollox. I rang their customer service and the first one cut me off. Second time I rang she said she would ring the driver........moments later she tells me the driver's phone is turned off and there is nothing else she can do.

So what's my next move ?. Who is responsible, dpd or currys, thoughts please. 👍

My big worry is my new comms system and helmet are also being sent by dpd. 😱
Yamaha rocket 3
Count Steer

Re: DPD

Post by Count Steer »

Coincidentally I ordered some stuff from Amazon and got an email from DPD to say they would be delivering it today. (I guess Amazon use anyone available at peak times). At 5pm get an email from Amazon - there's a problem, delivery in the next couple of days....perhaps.

DPD are regarded as the 'best of breed' by at least one major competitor and they are usually :thumbup: I suppose they're all stretched to the limit at the moment.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

I've had to do the rounds of the neighbours to find stuff before. Sometimes getting the postcode right is enough for the delivery dudes,the actual house number is a minor detail!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

They're all feeling a bit of extra pressure at the moment - in my experience at least DPD have always been excellent.

Hope it works out for you. If you do need to escalate the issue go to the retailer first, I'd suggest.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Its your problem because you want them and you don't have them, but I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying the problem is theirs until you have received the goods.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I would of thought its currys who need to make sure the customer receives bought goods off their website. I bought off them, how they get it to me is not my responsibility, iyswim.

The real piss take is that they say we signed for it, usually you get a photo of parcel delivered. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

DPD can be excellent or fucking shite, it all depends on the driver.
Around here they used to be the bomb diggity, but then the route was retendered and the usual driver was undercut, the muppets that replaced him couldn't find their arse with both hands tied behind their backs.

The last time I had stuff delivered by them they tried to delver it 3 streets away, fair enough they admitted they'd dropped the ball, but most likely because I was at home sitting next to the door and got on the phone sharpish when I got the 'we tried to deliver text' and it was delivered the next day.

I now actively avoid shopping with anyone that uses DPD to deliver.

If yo usually get a good service it's most likely because they're operating beyond capacity, not helped by RM striking
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

We have a problem that in the postcode I live there are 2 properties whose address starts with a number 4. Because of this it’s a random as to who gets the delivery. If it’s the usual driver he knows the names of me and the other bloke but if it isn’t him it’s lucky dip.

We both know this so when computer parts turn up at my house I walk down the road and give them to him and he brings bike tyres and suchlike to my house when they get delivered to him.

Took a couple of deliveries to figure out the issue as we were getting “delivered and signed for” messages …… they were going to the wrong addresses and signed by wrong people

Ours also has a habit of ignoring “safe place” instructions and leaving parcels on the doorstep which isn’t a huge problem where I live as it’s a very low crime area. Other places lots of stuff will go walkies
Tigs

Post by Tigs »

I often get them to deliver to a local shop -

The other week my EVRI delivery failed ... it was to a TESCO's that is open from 6am - 12pm.. apparently they attempted to deliver at 8, 10, and 1.40.. as delivery had failed they 'returned' to sender.. I asked the supplier - HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.. they suggested I had put the postcode in wrong - when i pointed out it was a 'click and collect shop and they had given the postcode, they said they would look into it. Within 12 hours the status changed again and they were delivered to TESCOS. I think sometimes they 'say failed' without trying.

DPD are the best delivery folk round here.. I would contact currys and say the items have not arrived, and take it from there.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DPD have never let me down - they're the best courier by miles in my experience, surprised to hear people having issues if I'm honest.
ninja

Post by ninja »

I do quite a bit of driving for DPD. I do the trunking from the depots to the hubs in the Midlands and back, in the big trucks you see on the motorway, not the little vans.

The hubs are something to be seen. They're like cities.

They are super sharp with everything they do. I've seen the DPD people in the depots desperately running around trying to find a parcel when a customer phones or turns up. They do try and be the best.

I hope it turns up for you.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Out new team last year;

Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I know someone who runs a DPD franchise running two Transit vans, he's a creepy dodgy twat and I really wouldn't trust him with any of my personal information or parcels, but some of them might be okay.
Honda Owner
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Update..

Dpd driver fcuked up and parcels are on hold in Stoke depot. Curry's have to re authorise shipment, could take 21 days, ffs.

Helmet and comms are both delayed until Friday. Both helmet City and sbs use dpd. 🥴
Yamaha rocket 3
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I ordered an Xmas present for my child yesterday from a music shop in Brighton (new valve amp)
Turned up today - the driver said there was a misprint so my house number wasn’t visible so he rang me -A different driver might not have bothered .
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Deliveries..........to your actual house (occasionally), pah!
Over here the usual method is to a local drop off point, so you then have to drive 15mins each way to collect it.
Or the other chestnut is the delivery co holds onto it, for several days, until you contact them, and the following day you get an email to arrange the rdv, which wont be for at least a week!
Amazon prime delivery here means same week ( if you're lucky).
You lot dont know you've been born!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Update: got an email from DPD telling me my parcel would arrive today in a 1 hr window. It did, along with another part of the order that was due tomorrow. :thumbup:

Not only that, something I ordered from Amazon a while ago that had an estimated delivery of December 28th! turned up with Evri today. Coolio.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

In hindsight, maybe it's not the best time to order non Christmas things. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3