General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MrLongbeard »

Melted a hole through the glass plate in the microwave :flame:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm Melted a hole through the glass plate in the microwave :flame:
Thermite homebrew?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Nope drying out a moisture indicator;

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Did anyone ever find out who the lady of urban legend was? The one who tried to dry her dog/cat in the microwave.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Qualified as a Community First Responder

Still have 'manual handling', 'conflict resolution' and a couple of buddy rideouts with a supervisor before I'm allowed out on my own.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went to GVA yesterday morning and got there at 8am expecting my friends to have been waiting for at least 30 mins. They got to the meet point about ten mins before me, so that was pretty good timing!! LOL

Drove them almost home, got picked up by some other friends to go and look at some curtains that needed shortening. Nope, they didn't need just shortening. Instead of 8 pairs of curtains to shorted they realised they had 8 really HUGE curtains!! So I have trimmed them all ready to hem, but also cut them all in half as well. So I need to do that seam first, then hem them. That's my evenings sorted out for the next week or so!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just home this afternoon to crash out and be ready for work tomorrow! Serious lack of sleep this weekend - and not in a fun way!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:18 pm I keep an eye out for an elderly neighbour especially since her husband died a few years ago.
Nice one skubbles

I am in a similar position as the closet 3 houses to me are all occupied by elderly residents who all have my number and that of my missus (who works in a care home) . Have had to pop next door a couple of times to help up the auld fella after a fall as his wife can’t manage on her own
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:44 pm
Skub wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:18 pm I keep an eye out for an elderly neighbour especially since her husband died a few years ago.
Nice one skubbles
I can't forget that :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Went shopping for some things that I need. Usual thing, get in about 10.30 to get parked, go for a coffee and wait for the main shops to open at 11.00. Everywhere was open, usual coffee places were packed. Realised it's Black Friday weekend. Doh!

Got what I went for....saved about £50. (Well, I saved about £25 on my stuff, but I went with wife who saved the other £25 on stuff she hadn't actually gone for :( Of course, using wimmins logic, she now has £25 towards a handbag, £50 if she includes my saving :lol: ).

One of the the things I needed was waterproof overtrousers. I didn't buy them but I did touch a pair priced at £220 :shock: TBH I could have bought a £12.99 pair of 'boil-in-the-bag' ones from Screwfix but I wanted something that you can get on/off with your boots on.

While getting a coffee a young Deliveroo chap came in to pick up an order (his bike was a bit like the one Taipan had nicked). He must have been wearing £1.5k+ worth of kit. Really good stuff and a v v smart helmet with comms fitted. Must pay better than I thought. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Skub wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:18 pm It looked like she's done a hip,that major killer of older folk.

The two paramedics who arrived were slightly built young girls. I can't help wondering what they'd do if they have to lift some 20 odd stone patient.
Ambulances often carry these:

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/medi ... sku=M09654

But I don't think they'd put someone with suspected hip/thigh problems back on their feet.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I've been to IKEA, I know it's a budget place but it's as if they actively try to give a poor experience.
They have a huge car park but close half of it so people are fighting over spaces, it went downhill from there.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:53 pm I've been to IKEA, I know it's a budget place but it's as if they actively try to give a poor experience.
They have a huge car park but close half of it so people are fighting over spaces, it went downhill from there.
Our local IKEA has huge underground car park. Shiny shiny paint.

Schoolboy tyres squeaky squeaky :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Ant

Post by Ant »

I said to my Australian friend that I've been assembling flat pack furniture, I was so excited that I just had to tell him. He looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said, "do I look like ikea?"
Tigs

Post by Tigs »

Mussels wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:53 pm I've been to IKEA, I know it's a budget place but it's as if they actively try to give a poor experience.

Recently I have been using the IKEA carpark to practice figure of 8's and u turns - last time I went the nice security man - said although there were no signs saying not to I was on CTV and could I leave.. sad times.. The best thing about IKEA is the breakfast or meatballs - but I would not got at a weekend.. you have my sympathy

I've had a lazy day - a bit of online black Friday shopping - nothing special! But, today I booked my DAS course - inc Mod . Not really sure how I feel about that a proper mix.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Tigs wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:18 pmlast time I went the nice security man - said although there were no signs saying not to I was on CTV and could I leave.. sad times..
Find a car park at an office site, usually empty evenings and weekends.
Tigs

Post by Tigs »

Most of them seem to have CCTV or huge locked gates.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Went to reading for lunch, now watching “Pepsi, where’s my jet”
CBR650r :mrgreen:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Got home from work at 0830
Slept
Sat in front of telly
Now at work
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:02 pm
One of the the things I needed was waterproof overtrousers. I didn't buy them but I did touch a pair priced at £220 :shock: TBH I could have bought a £12.99 pair of 'boil-in-the-bag' ones from Screwfix but I wanted something that you can get on/off with your boots on.
We went to an outdoors type of place yesterday to all get kitted out with winter clothing because we don't really have that much after most of a lifetime living somewhere hot, we do have a myriad of stuff like Barbour coats but they're fashion coats rather than really warm stuff for winter.

Anyway, we tend not to look so much at prices and after 5x everything, including Rab down jackets, decent boots, etc, we trotted over to the till to pay where I went "are you sure that's right?" :shock:

I do appreciate that people don't do that sort of shopping every day but fook me it's expensive here.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:02 pm
I get RAF surplus goretex ones off eBay - cost about £20 last time I got some and they are superb.