What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 am Brian Blessed and Donald Sinden go into a restaurant and DS asks if they serve hams. The waiter replies that they serve anyone.

I'm on all week, try the ham.
Good gag, but the two actors named won't mean anything to anybody under the age of 50, I reckon. :(

Useless fact: Bad actors are called 'ham' because they would use cheap ham fat to remove their stage makeup, as opposed to the better paid actors who could use proper makeup remover.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Felix

Post by Felix »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:16 am Watching the pissing rain coming down and its my only day off this week.😡
It started pissing down as i got to my first job. Its freezing also so turned round and came home again. Got a spare couple of hours tomorrow so can get it done then.
Felix

Post by Felix »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:30 am
cheb wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 am Brian Blessed and Donald Sinden go into a restaurant and DS asks if they serve hams. The waiter replies that they serve anyone.

Good gag, but the two actors named won't mean anything to anybody under the age of 50, I reckon. :(

Useless fact: Bad actors are called 'ham' because they would use cheap ham fat to remove their stage makeup, as opposed to the better paid actors who could use proper makeup remover.
I am nearly 60 and still had to google Donald Sinden. I do recognise him now though but would never have guessed his name.
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:30 am

EVERYONE KNOWS BRIAN BLESSED

Are there any up and coming ham actors? Is it possible to be an up and coming ham?
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am
It ain't toppy per se, just a bit toppy for what is, essentially, a roast dinner with a bit of afters.

https://www.cyprianis.com/christmas-menu

And I bet they load up the plate with fecking sprouts. :sick:

There will be four of us that I'll be paying for (although we're in a group of ten in total), so including drinks, I reckon I'll be looking at just shy of a bag of sand.
That's almost a monkey worth of booze to make it up to a grand, I like a tipple over lunch occasionally but £500 on drinks at lunch time would make me wince.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Potter wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:36 am
It ain't toppy per se, just a bit toppy for what is, essentially, a roast dinner with a bit of afters.

There will be four of us that I'll be paying for (although we're in a group of ten in total), so including drinks, I reckon I'll be looking at just shy of a bag of sand.
That's almost a monkey worth of booze to make it up to a grand, I like a tipple over lunch occasionally but £500 on drinks at lunch time would make me wince.
Easy done. Remember, it ain't a normal lunch, it's a Christmas lunch and therefore will be mightily boozy.

Bottle of decent fizz 'cause it's Christmas: £70 - £100 (what's that, 4 glasses?)

A G&T whilst we get settled? - Tenner a pop, so £20 -£40, depending on who imbibes.

Bottle of decent red: £50 - £80 (I'll do that on my own, without the aid of a safety net)

Bottle of decent white: £50 (Mrs. Gremlin will Houdini that away live-o)

Gremlinette and her friend don't drink wine, so a few cocktails between them at a tenner a pop - £60

I like an after dinner drink or three - tenner a pop? £30

Mrs - Gremlin may like a port or two - tenner a pop? £20

Between four adults? Soon mounts up...

I mean, I could rein it in a bit, but I know I won't.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:48 am
Easy done. Remember, it ain't a normal lunch, it's a Christmas lunch and therefore will be mightily boozy.

Bottle of decent fizz 'cause it's Christmas: £70 - £100 (what's that, 4 glasses?)

A G&T whilst we get settled? - Tenner a pop, so £20 -£40, depending on who imbibes.

Bottle of decent red: £50 - £80 (I'll do that on my own, without the aid of a safety net)

Gremlinette and her friend don't drink wine, so a few cocktails between them at a tenner a pop - £60

Cripes, I'd be lightly toasted after the champers, getting towards lively with a decent stiff G&T, and fully rendered with a couple of cocktails afterwards.

I'm not much of a lunchtime boozer, it seems to wipe me out.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:48 am
Potter wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:36 am

All that would cost about 20€ in the bar I took you to here :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Today I have fucked up my health insurance for my Spanish residency appointment tomorrow, I've managed to get it to start on Dec 1, it should be Nov 1. Trying to get out sorted out but it's not looking good.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:45 am Been knocked for 6 by the sodding COVID jab.

Jeeez
Which brand? My sis was off work for a week after her first Az jab.. but she's a tax inspector, so every cloud etc...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:43 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:45 am Been knocked for 6 by the sodding COVID jab.

Jeeez
Which brand? My sis was off work for a week after her first Az jab.. but she's a tax inspector, so every cloud etc...
Dunno, didn't ask.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've sorted some garage stuff - just to move it to a different garage for the winter! And done some sorting at home, so looking more positive for space (eventually!)

And

It's been snowing on and off all day and this evening it's proper hoofing it down with snow. Bloody love it :D :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I walked the dog twice. Met with a parishioner for a chat and a coffee. Then spent a bit of time in an art shop getting stuff for my daughter, nice discount thanks to being a student, and headed home. Cooked dinner for the daughter, reheated a lentil curry I made yesterday for dinner and getting ready to fetch a colleague for Deanery Synod with the new Bishop of Rochester later in Bexley. Should be home in time to collect daughter from her cleaning job at 10pm.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Tarted up a Stanley 4 1/2 plane I've had for a few years. I need to trim a door slightly, the 4 1/2 is slightly wider and heavier than a 4 which makes it a touch easier. I also sharpened some other edge tools and my forearm is now balder than usual.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am It ain't toppy per se, just a bit toppy for what is, essentially, a roast dinner with a bit of afters.

As The Ritz has my email address they sent me their New Years Eve offer for 6 course meal, band , a half bottle of Bolly champers to see in the New Year with ..... bargaintastic at £1695 per person. That doesnt include any drinks or a room ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Bought a new bike. I've said too much!

New bike thread...

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm Bought a new bike. I've said too much!

New bike thread...

If this is a scooter I'm getting the hammer out.

A scooter is not a bike
Skub

Post by Skub »

Exercise bike,I reckon. :P
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Skub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 pm Exercise bike,I reckon. :P