Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Dodgy69 »

Oh. 25 years anniversary. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:35 pm Sat in a hot tub in mid Wales eating a French stick and pata and supping a bottle of white, staring at stars. Whats not to like. 🙂👍

The fact that yesterday some bloke was rogering the crap out of his missus in there?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Hot tub = sex pond
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:39 pm Hot tub = sex pond
Hot tub = human soup. :(
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Water changed after folk leave, apparently. 😄

https://www.logcabinholidaysinwales.co.uk/
Yamaha rocket 3
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

After getting soaked running the 10 metres to the bike shed this morning, I finally got round to replacing the broken speed sensor on the Falco. As I've been riding along at a constant speed it's alternated between registering 0 mph, 200+ mph or anything between the two. So, new sensor time. Sounds easy enough, no?

The sensor is bolted to the same plate that houses the rear brake caliper. The other (connector) end is buried under the seat, and under the tilt switch connector and live battery cable. It runs along the swingarm, protected by a plastic cover that needs the rear wheel removed to undo the mounting screws. It then dives under the swingarm pivot and makes its way up the rear (enclosed) section of the frame close by the rear cylinder, completely out of sight and emerges behind the RH subframe mounting point. It was an absolute twat to fit.

Anyway, it's done now and everything is just about reconnected. Except the seat. That piece of frustration can wait for another day.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

More a case of what I haven't done today. :(

Was supposed to be going to Bisley but the weather this morning was awful (as it is right now). Wasn't too keen anyway given the weather then, half a mile from home, GPS says 'rerouting due to closed road ahead'. Turned round, came home.
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Flew over to Gran Canaria to the bike shop to spend our free 1000€

That was fun :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Now chilling waiting for plane home.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I made quince jelly :D Pretty much the biggest positive of the day!! LOL

Tidied nocatsit house, put the time heaters on very low and loaded my 'stuff' into the car!

Down to Bourg for a massage :lol: - last year someone gave me a voucher for a beauty salon for my birthday. It's really not my kind of thing but in the end I thought I'd try a massage, only half an hour but hey, something!! When I booked I had to pay 16€ to confirm the booking, which i was a bit miffed about, given that I had a 50€ voucher :lol: Went in today and she said "you have 12€ to use in the future" (the massage was 54€ :o ). So I said, actually, I would prefer the money back. Long discussion about the fact that I could use the 12 euros in the future - in the end I had to be a bit blunt (might not have sounded so blunt in French, maybe) and point out that I was only there because I had a voucher. I go to my physio if I need a massage and I don't really do the whole beauty treatment stuff! (And my physio is wayyyyyyy cheaper!! ). In the end, it got sorted! But, that was seriously cheeky!! LOL

Anyway, the massage was not bad - needed to be longer but I wasn't paying their prices!!!! LOL

Met a mate for a quick coffee then drove home. Essentials in the apartment, the rest can wait till tomorrow :lol: (Need to do a bit of DIY first really as some stuff needs moving around in here :D :D

Quince Jelly (or Gelée de coings) pics, just cos :D :D 3 kgs of quince = 8 various sized jars :D :D

The different in colour from bought stuff to fait maison :D :D

Got to make Membrillo past tomorrow with the leftovers :o !!! (haven't made that before !)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Drug and alcohol test for my new contract - 4hr round trip to take a piss :thumbdown:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Noggin wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:35 pm I made quince jelly :D Pretty much the biggest positive of the day!! LOL

Tidied nocatsit house, put the time heaters on very low and loaded my 'stuff' into the car!

Down to Bourg for a massage :lol: - last year someone gave me a voucher for a beauty salon for my birthday. It's really not my kind of thing but in the end I thought I'd try a massage, only half an hour but hey, something!! When I booked I had to pay 16€ to confirm the booking, which i was a bit miffed about, given that I had a 50€ voucher :lol: Went in today and she said "you have 12€ to use in the future" (the massage was 54€ :o ). So I said, actually, I would prefer the money back. Long discussion about the fact that I could use the 12 euros in the future - in the end I had to be a bit blunt (might not have sounded so blunt in French, maybe) and point out that I was only there because I had a voucher. I go to my physio if I need a massage and I don't really do the whole beauty treatment stuff! (And my physio is wayyyyyyy cheaper!! ). In the end, it got sorted! But, that was seriously cheeky!! LOL

Anyway, the massage was not bad - needed to be longer but I wasn't paying their prices!!!! LOL

Met a mate for a quick coffee then drove home. Essentials in the apartment, the rest can wait till tomorrow :lol: (Need to do a bit of DIY first really as some stuff needs moving around in here :D :D

Quince Jelly (or Gelée de coings) pics, just cos :D :D 3 kgs of quince = 8 various sized jars :D :D

The different in colour from bought stuff to fait maison :D :D

Got to make Membrillo past tomorrow with the leftovers :o !!! (haven't made that before !)
Your quince product looks so much more appetising than stuff I made a few years back! About 3 or 4 years ago our lovely neighbour in France, Nadine, bought us a load of quinces and gave me some rough instructions on how to use them. I couldn't believe that the buggers would take so long to become soft - it felt like I was boiling them for hours. Then after I'd made some quince jelly/jam I couldn't really get on with the texture of the stuff - did you filter yours? The flavour was quite pleasant, but the texture was just too mushy/gritty for my taste, and I'm a keen blackberry/damson jam maker.

And just to finish on a really downbeat note, as we arrived in September 2020 we were greeted with the news that Nadine had succumbed to a really aggressive form of cancer and her funeral was being held the next day. Life really is shit sometimes.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm finally going back to work next week after 9 weeks off. I'll be busy, very busy and I can't wait. But I've just found out there is industrial action and I can only go in monday-wednesday! :hmmm: Oh well, I suppose I can ease myself back into a routine...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:57 pm Your quince product looks so much more appetising than stuff I made a few years back! About 3 or 4 years ago our lovely neighbour in France, Nadine, bought us a load of quinces and gave me some rough instructions on how to use them. I couldn't believe that the buggers would take so long to become soft - it felt like I was boiling them for hours. Then after I'd made some quince jelly/jam I couldn't really get on with the texture of the stuff - did you filter yours? The flavour was quite pleasant, but the texture was just too mushy/gritty for my taste, and I'm a keen blackberry/damson jam maker.
I'm guessing you made a kind of jam? I've only ever used quince for jelly. So boil them for a loooooong time, strain and use the juice to make the jelly.

Can't imagine the jam version :o :o

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:57 pm And just to finish on a really downbeat note, as we arrived in September 2020 we were greeted with the news that Nadine had succumbed to a really aggressive form of cancer and her funeral was being held the next day. Life really is shit sometimes.
That sucks :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Noggin wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:38 am
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:57 pm Your quince product looks so much more appetising than stuff I made a few years back! About 3 or 4 years ago our lovely neighbour in France, Nadine, bought us a load of quinces and gave me some rough instructions on how to use them. I couldn't believe that the buggers would take so long to become soft - it felt like I was boiling them for hours. Then after I'd made some quince jelly/jam I couldn't really get on with the texture of the stuff - did you filter yours? The flavour was quite pleasant, but the texture was just too mushy/gritty for my taste, and I'm a keen blackberry/damson jam maker.
I'm guessing you made a kind of jam? I've only ever used quince for jelly. So boil them for a loooooong time, strain and use the juice to make the jelly.

Can't imagine the jam version :o :o
I think you've just highlighted how I made my big mistake. I guess the difference in translation between Jam and Jelly was lost on me...

So quince jelly = good, quince jam = not good...
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Doesn't membrillo get referred to as 'quince cheese'? That can be quite 'textured' and sort of 'soft gritty' like a v thick jelly that you can slice. Sounds like the jam was half way between jelly and cheese. :D
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I'd say it was more of an object lesson in how not to make a preserve from quinces, to be honest.

It had a nice red colour, but that was very much the extent of its appeal. As jam it was pretty gross. And I'm always wary of trying to make jellies as (in my experience) they need large quantities of sugar to make them set, and I prefer low-sugar jam.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:31 pm I'd say it was more of an object lesson in how not to make a preserve from quinces, to be honest.

It had a nice red colour, but that was very much the extent of its appeal. As jam it was pretty gross. And I'm always wary of trying to make jellies as (in my experience) they need large quantities of sugar to make them set, and I prefer low-sugar jam.
500g sugar to 600ml juice :o :o :o I'll be honest, I totally hadn't remembered it was that high!! LOL

Equally, I give most of the stuff I make away because I rarely use jam or jelly. I just inflict the sugar high on other people :1 :1
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Well damn. My brain has just about recovered from my first day at work!!

I'm pretty handy in an office, all systems are similar, you just need to learn the differences and get going.

BUT - doing it in a foreign language with a forrin keyboard. Faaaaark!!! LOL

The reading is still the most difficult. He does talk at me a lot and tells me a lot (in French and English) that I know, but I'm just nodding and taking it in as I don't want to rush and fuck up!!

Being able to touch type is a bit of a bastard cos its a french keyboard. He did offer to get a QWERTY keyboard for me, but actually I need to learn - mostly because of all the accents!! LOL I mean, it's a total sod but once I've cracked it, it'll be great. But, WTF would you need to press the shift key to be able to get a full stop ???? :roll:

Other downside of only having used a laptop for years is that I'm not used to using a number pad at the end of the letters bit. And the numbers on a Fronch keyboard need the shift key or you get various letters with various accents :lol: :lol: But, I've learnt where A and M are now without having to look (too often) so mostly I've stopped typing Q for A and ; for M!! LOL Gotta try and crack the W and work out which others are in stupid places!! LOL

Haven't had to deal with a phone call yet, so that's great. I'm happy to only deal with emails for now! :lol: :lol:

:lol: Only an hour overtime on my first day :lol: Going to bed REALLY early tonight cos I am wiped out!!

But, happy happy happy Noggin - partly because one of my favourite people is back and partly because I didn't get told not to go back to work!! But mostly because - SNOWWWWW And it hasn't melted in the day, so hopefully we'll just keep getting more and more :D :D

Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Got back from our Welsh cabin 3 nighter and very nice it was. 🙂👍 No hot tub naughtiness though, she bottled it. ☹👎

Went to Rhayader for the Red kite feeding yesterday, really good, 100s turn up, very impressed tbh. Tomorrow, the MT is going for its 2nd service, done just over 4k, so a shafting will be had, think he said £160. 😩 Hope it's hot and sunny.

Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

2nd service day for the MT. Some nice bikes on show, the new shape xsr looks really nice, also the 09. Nice Triccity for when @2xtwins down sizes, big lump though.

The 700 tenere looked massive but never sat on it. That's about it, off for lunch.

Yamaha rocket 3