Depression

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Greenman

Re: Depression

Post by Greenman »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:26 pm
Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:32 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:01 am Greenman may be onto something! All over various news sources recently is a positive looking trial of Psilocin (magic mushroom active ingredient) for treatment of depression that doesn't respond to other medical intervention.

Cool, man. :thumbup:
Of course i'm right, i'm always right...just not always at the right time...;)

There is a reason all of these so called harmful illegal drugs are made illegal in the first place, and it's nothing to do with health, it's all to do with money. It allows big pharma to create alternatives and sell them back to us!

It's been obvious for many decades, it's why i choose to medicate myself and avoid any horrible gov/big pharma produced drugs as much as i can.

When i get my really bad stints of sciatica, i reach for the hash oil, it's the only thing that helps. I do like a shroom too tbh, i grew liberty cap and hawaiians for a bit in my old gaff...:) not had any for years now though. I had some shroom concentrate in a dropper off my mate too but stopped buying that as i was raping it every firday night ad going a bit mental, one night i think i had 15 drops, my friend strictly said don't do more than 3 lol...i have a high tolerance for these things even though i don't do them that often!
And you don't think that you depression might be because of the strength of the recreationals you take?
Hang on a minute, where did i say i was depressed?

It's more likely that i would become depressed if i DIDN'T take the recreationals!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:29 pm

There is a reason all of these so called harmful illegal drugs are made illegal in the first place, and it's nothing to do with health, it's all to do with money. It allows big pharma to create alternatives and sell them back to us!

It's been obvious for many decades, it's why i choose to medicate myself and avoid any horrible gov/big pharma produced drugs as much as i can.

When i get my really bad stints of sciatica, i reach for the hash oil, it's the only thing that helps. I do like a shroom too tbh, i grew liberty cap and hawaiians for a bit in my old gaff...:) not had any for years now though. I had some shroom concentrate in a dropper off my mate too but stopped buying that as i was raping it every firday night ad going a bit mental, one night i think i had 15 drops, my friend strictly said don't do more than 3 lol...i have a high tolerance for these things even though i don't do them that often!
And you don't think that you depression might be because of the strength of the recreationals you take?

It's more likely that i would become depressed if i DIDN'T take the recreationals!
If anybody tried to give me medical advice, I'd tell them to fuck off.
If I want advice, I'll ask a doctor.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I was bought a book called The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible for my birthday, I have no idea why because I've never shown any interest in them, but it does look interesting, I'll get around to reading it at some point.

FWIW if forced to grow my own medicines then I'd rather grow and use opium poppies, but I don't do that either.
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Ah but. Who bought the book for you? Why did the person who bought you the book, think you needed to read it?
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Didn’t watch question time last night. Feel pretty chipper😀
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:01 am Greenman may be onto something! All over various news sources recently is a positive looking trial of Psilocin (magic mushroom active ingredient) for treatment of depression that doesn't respond to other medical intervention.

Cool, man. :thumbup:

No!

Having fun is not depressing!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Potter wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:21 am I was bought a book called The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible for my birthday, I have no idea why because I've never shown any interest in them, but it does look interesting, I'll get around to reading it at some point.

FWIW if forced to grow my own medicines then I'd rather grow and use opium poppies, but I don't do that either.
Indeed.

Pharmas can still make their money but let us make some too for those who want to fix themselves with what Earth has given to us for free!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Greenman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:34 pm

No!

Skunk sent my stepson a little unhinged
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr Moofo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:28 pm
Greenman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:34 pm

No!

Skunk sent my stepson a little unhinged
It's not for all.

Do what works for you and yours. But don't discredit something just because illegal!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:33 pm
Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:29 pm

If anybody tried to give me medical advice, I'd tell them to fuck off.
If I want advice, I'll ask a doctor.
Good job it wasn't aimed at you then ...
Felix

Post by Felix »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:26 pm And you don't think that you depression might be because of the strength of the recreationals you take?
I know people who suffer depression who partake in a smoke. I know about the same amount with depression who dont. Did they not also try and say coffee is a depressant?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Wscad wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:45 am Ah but. Who bought the book for you? Why did the person who bought you the book, think you needed to read it?
I seek out unusual information because I'm old and boring, so I'm known to spend hours in book shops looking at the sections that offer something a bit less mainstream. We've also recently started to grow veg and I've made it known that I'd like to be self-sufficient as much as possible.

I'm hard to buy for and the book was a bit of humour, they were originally going to buy me one on growing root vegetables and then saw the mushroom one. My wife got a book on keeping ducks.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Wscad wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:02 am Spent 12 quid on mealworm and the robin is nowhere to be seen☹️
I feed pigeons. They let me know if I'm late putting their grub out! :D

cheb

Post by cheb »

Does it give you a sense of enormous well-being?
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

cheb wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:30 pm Does it give you a sense of enormous well-being?
PARKLIFE
Scud

Post by Scud »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:00 am
Wscad wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:45 am Ah but. Who bought the book for you? Why did the person who bought you the book, think you needed to read it?
My wife got a book on keeping ducks.

That’s a short book. Don’t, they’re messy, noisy and don’t lay enough eggs to cover the amount they eat.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Scud wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:10 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:00 am
My wife got a book on keeping ducks.

That’s a short book. Don’t, they’re messy, noisy and don’t lay enough eggs to cover the amount they eat.
When we were kids, my mate had a duck, which they always let indoors. Funny little thing that used to waddle about crapping on the carpet! :wtf: But his Mum loved it and the duck loved her and used to sleep on her lap and follow her all around the house and get annoyed if she went upstairs and quack the place down!!. It used to terrorise their dog too! :D
Potter

Post by Potter »

She wants a couple of Indian Runners.

She has a vision of harmony where we coexist with them like a Jungle Book story, but we've got the space to fence them off if we need to.
And I've got a decent axe if it goes completely tits up.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ducks are way more entertaining than chickens, Muscovys especially.

Would you keep them as pets, for the eggs, for the food, or a mix of all three?
Potter

Post by Potter »

cheb wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:11 am Ducks are way more entertaining than chickens, Muscovys especially.

Would you keep them as pets, for the eggs, for the food, or a mix of all three?
In our perfect uneducated world, they're pets that lay enough eggs for us to have them for breakfast 2-3 times a week, then we hatch some and have roast duck once a week.

In reality, probably pets and we eat some of the eggs and give some away.