Sena smh5 Bluetooth headset

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
Dodgy69

Sena smh5 Bluetooth headset

Post by Dodgy69 »

Anyone got these. ???

My Chinese cheapo's stopped working so looking for a better twin pack without breaking the bank.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/496239
Yamaha rocket 3
bernieeccles

Re: Sena smh5 Bluetooth headset

Post by bernieeccles »

A few years ago, I and a mate bought a pair of SMH10s and initially they were OK, but on a wet trip to Scotland mine failed with water ingress. I could actually shake the stuff out from the unit. My mates failed the next day with the same problem. Sena do not advertise these as waterproof with an IP rating, they just say they are water resistant.
We sent them back for a full refund and instead bought a pair of Scala G9s which are/were advertised as waterproof and over the years, this proved to be the case. Now upgraded to Packtalk Bolds in which we are pretty certain they will prove as waterproof as the G9s.

Just my anecdotal evidence as I know others will say they have not had the same problems.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I’ve got one of these -even cheaper now then when I bought it -I sync to my friends cheapo chinese one.
The sena ones look like good value
https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Interphone-Ed ... ion-System
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Ran Scala Packtalk bolds for quite a few years and now running ''Edge'' version - nice bit of kit but not cheap. Only big winge with Edge is if you're runing a ''group'' of units u can't run background music as the other units mic's keep cutting in and out. So at the mo I've got to just ungroup myself or run with out music / radio etc. Several software updates haven't really solved it. Bit dissapointed really.
Have had a chat with a few on forum's and they have the same - even playng around with various settings.

Apart from this they're brill.
fingerpuk

Post by fingerpuk »

Used my SM5 in storms. Never an issue. Had it for years, rode six days a week for 2-3 hours year round. Snow, wind. Hale, rain etc not an issue.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Had Sena 10R's and they were great. Never failed.

Got a new lid and went for the Shoei with the integrated SR2. Brilliant, but with an annoying glitch in that once charged (and showing a blue light to indicate as much) they sometimes refuse to turn on for a short while. Should really contact the place I bought it all from for a replacement, but it's well over a year ago I got it.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:26 am Had Sena 10R's and they were great. Never failed.

I thought that was a ladies' product ;)