Friday thread... the spooky one.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Asian Boss

Re: Friday thread... the spooky one.

Post by Asian Boss »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:24 am
Asian Boss wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:25 am I'm currently working with a Morrisons Earl Grey.
Morrisons Best or the cheap stuff that tastes like old hedge trimmings and tear gas?
The Best. I'm still getting staff discount at Morrisons from that e-card Latvian Jean-mumble from Thursday badminton gave me, before the pandemic. :thumbup:
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 am To be fair, all tea is old hedge trimmings.
A guy I know, Roy Moxham, wrote an interesting book on tea called A Brief History of Tea! Tis a great book to sit down and read with a cuppa... :?
If you like that sort of thing I recommend the books by Mark Kurlansky - Cod, Milk, Paper, Salt. The Cod one is probably best - it's a complex story of fish, booze and slaves - but they're all good reads.

There's one by someone else called 'Rust' which is :thumbup: Pretty much the story of corrosion and the cost of it. Got a copy somewhere.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Friday: Funeral. Daughter to head doctor. Internets line upgraded to 300mb down and 50mb up. Much better now!

Saturday: Walking puppy lots. Shopping, writing sermon, getting stuff done for the wife.

Sunday: Celebrated All Saints' 10am service. 4pm Life service and then Lights and more afterwards with bonfire, sparklers, low noise fireworks and fun. Tonight is our monthly ecumenical church service, hosted by the Pentecostal church up the road from me. Looking forward to the praise and worship offering.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mad week for me turning around 2 schools in the time i would normally do 1! Adding to the pressure was that they are in 2 different counties!

Have worked 7am till 8pm all week this week except today where i have done all my housework and been drinking since 2pm even though i was puking up all last night for no reason other than a dodgy curry!

Stressful day tomorrow, going to bed soon hopefully to get a good night sleep!