When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
ZRX61

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:21 pm Not without his makeup on! :lol:
He's 80 now, rides a HD (that had a for sale sign on it). Friend of mine said "That guy used to be on Star Trek" & I figured out who it was. I said "Gul Dukat?" & he comes back with "How the fuck did you recognize me?" :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

In other news, I came damn close to bringing this home a few weeks ago. Then I forgot to get the guys phone # or give him mine. If he shows up at the RS again, it's coming home with me. Needs a really good clean or resto. Front wheel was pink for some reason...

However, with that said.... the next acquisition will likely be a '83-'85 GPz1100 A1-A3. Just gotta find the right one.
Or quite possibly that GPz looking Z900 in Firecracker Red... Almost wheeled one out of the dealer a few months back...
Felix

Post by Felix »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:50 am

That wants a fork brace. I only had the standard 750A3 and rode it like i stole it everywhere. Bastard insisted on trying to chuck me off daily. If you get it the forum is still running https://www.750turbo.com/forum/

Oh, Welcome back (Y) Please dont post your riding videos :lol:
Felix

Post by Felix »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:10 am Image
That not the same engine as your ZRX but with the 6th gear? Should bolt right in
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Felix wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:00 am That not the same engine as your ZRX but with the 6th gear? Should bolt right in
Similar, but a ZX head won't fit in a ZRX frame owing to downdraft carbs. 1st 2nd & 5th in a ZRX box are the same ratios as 1st, 2nd & 6th in a ZX box. ZX revs higher than a stock ZRX, but my ZRX already has all that ZX gubbins (Pistons, cams, ignitor/brain doodad, double valve springs etc). On a dyno my ZRX makes more HP than a stock ZX.. but the ZX has that ram air sorcery which makes things interesting... & the ZRX has the aero of a Foden. Once the ram air & aero starts to factor in, the ZX will leave the ZRX. but by then you'll already be 30 over the national speed limit.

I'm not sure how many pressurized airboxes Kawasaki exploded in testing, but judging by the amount of bloody bolts that hold the two halves together, it must have been more than a few.
Felix

Post by Felix »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:36 am
Felix wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:00 am That not the same engine as your ZRX but with the 6th gear? Should bolt right in
Similar, but a ZX head won't fit in a ZRX frame owing to downdraft carbs. 1st 2nd & 5th in a ZRX box are the same ratios as 1st, 2nd & 6th in a ZX box. ZX revs higher than a stock ZRX, but my ZRX already has all that ZX gubbins (Pistons, cams, ignitor/brain doodad, double valve springs etc). On a dyno my ZRX makes more HP than a stock ZX.. but the ZX has that ram air sorcery which makes things interesting... & the ZRX has the aero of a Foden. Once the ram air & aero starts to factor in, the ZX will leave the ZRX. but by then you'll already be 30 over the national speed limit.

I'm not sure how many pressurized airboxes Kawasaki exploded in testing, but judging by the amount of bloody bolts that hold the two halves together, it must have been more than a few.
Odd as the brief time i had the ZRX i was thinking of a six gear for touring and an onl Kawasaki forum i was on at the time it was recommended to put that engine in. Unless i was told a few other mods needed doing. Its been about 15 years ago now. :D
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Seemed a nice morning so I checked the weather forecast with multiple sources that all swore blind there was less than five percent chance of rain all day throughout North Wales so I set off planning to do a loop up to Dolgellau then back via Bala / Llangollen.

The weather was lovely - showing 19 degrees on the dash when I fuelled up. But, of course, North Wales being North Wales as soon as I was getting near the mountains on the A458 it started becoming dark, cloudy and progressively wetter. I'd optimistically worn a mesh jacket / summer gloves etc. so I gave up and went back pretty much the way I'd come.

This is where it changed over - dry & lovely to the East, wet and miserable to the West:

Still good to get out on such a good day - especially considering it's late October.

Bonus Rainbow:

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Felix wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:26 am Odd as the brief time i had the ZRX i was thinking of a six gear for touring and an onl Kawasaki forum i was on at the time it was recommended to put that engine in. Unless i was told a few other mods needed doing. Its been about 15 years ago now. :D
I still sometimes look for 6th on the ZRX.... A while back I went out on the ZX & was about 2 miles down the freeway before I noticed I was in 5th... now I look for 7th on the ZX... FFS. :?

I'm having far too much fun with this thing. 8-)
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I got out on my Street Triple yesterday afternoon.The mileometer reached the grand total of 8000 miles.
That means that in the 3& a half years that I've owned the bike I've only done 6500 miles :shock:
I was thinking about trading it in for a Kawasaki Z900 RS,but when I go out on it,the Streety is a hoot to ride.

Still wearing summer gloves at the end of October :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Awesome ride today.

20221029_105605.jpg
20221029_105605.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 322 times
The low clouds in the background looked amazing but the camera never catches it properly. Them cliffs are 2,000 ft

The descent into this volcano is rough and bouncy and the exit on far side is tricky as hell and loose and slippery.
The bike just flew up today though .
If it didn't there's no other way out :D
20221029_114332.jpg
20221029_114332.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 322 times
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Yorick wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:21 pm Awesome ride today.

The low clouds in the background looked amazing but the camera never catches it properly. Them cliffs are 2,000 ft
I thought it was a tsunami for a moment, and you'd rushed to the high ground!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:14 pm

Sometimes we get very strange weather here.
David

Post by David »

Yorick wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 pm
The Spin Doctor wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:14 pm

Sometimes we get very strange weather here.
Gets a bit wierd round here...I just had a rainbow follow me down the M5....
Skub

Post by Skub »

David wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:53 pm Gets a bit wierd round here...I just had a rainbow follow me down the M5....
It was homing in on your pot of gold. Be careful now,others may know you have treasure.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:42 am "How the fuck did you recognize me?" :lol:
I'd recognise him the moment he opened his mouth I reckon :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:58 pm I'd recognise him the moment he opened his mouth I reckon :lol:
He's been in a shit-ton of stuff:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015826/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

Has two kids by different women & they both have the same birthday as him...
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I popped out locally yesterday. Did the whole of the country smell like dirty pond water or just Sussex? It's been so warm and muggy. Up to 300 miles now - running in has never taken so long. I won't be out on the bike next weekend so it'll be winter by the time it's done. I've ordered some PR5s.

I had stop and appreciate this well stocked and very neat condiment stand at the M&S petrol station in Lewes :lol:
A beautifully crocheted reseviour cover - 'cos I can
The toilet block at Glynde
Lockdown refugee
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

12th of bloody Nov and I'm still in summer gloves :obscene-drinkingcheers: Nice 95 miles this afternoon, not ridden in 4 possibly 5 weeks so revelled in the sheer joy of the mighty GSXS engine. Some of the roads had wacking great clods of earth from farmers fields or gravel so no heroics more point and squirt twattery with a huge grin. I know people knock IL4s but I really do like this bike it's so good at pretty much everything and is fun to boot. Loads of bikes out too.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Supermofo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:12 pm I know people knock IL4s but I really do like this bike it's so good at pretty much everything and is fun to boot.
I LOVE big IL4's - they just do everything :D Maybe that's why some people don't like them. I did get 'bored' of the Blackbird for that sort of reason, but also because I'd not ridden anything smaller apart from the first 6 months of riding, so wanted to try more. But, I seriously loved the ZX10r, and would have another if I could reach the bars :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Old Sensible out with a Benelli and a GS1200 :D :D

Old Sensible really isn't as sensible as she looks :1 :1 :1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit chilly up in Tignes, but a blooming awesome ride there and back :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: