No
29%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

Hoonercat

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by Hoonercat »

Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:27 pm Oh hello, the other gobshite is here now.
I'm not in the UAE.
My apologies, for some reason I thought you lived and worked in Dubai, which is part of the UAE? Obviously my bad for not taking too much notice of what you post.
Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:27 pm How about Africa, I lived there once, so do you want to pick on Africa and denounce them as savages as well?
No need, you've done a pretty good job of that yourself over the past couple of years with all your talk of stabby Africans in the UK
Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:27 pm Shall I give you a list of all the countries I've lived/worked in so you can launch an attack on them as well in your attempt to demonise anyone that isn't from your town?
That's a bit rich, considering all you've done recently is demonise anyone who falls below your standards in the UK
Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:27 pm
Shall I pick on Bulgaria? That won't be difficult.
Knock yourself out, I'd probably agree with most of it, as long as it's based on fact and not your usual 'I once knew a bloke' bollocks :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Or you could just carry on with your ill-informed nonsense about Russia and hilarious commentary about how their economy will collapse and Putin is really a robot, or something.

You're like little Liz Trusses running around doing her bidding on motorbike forums :D
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I'm going to point fingers and be damned. It is relevant to the topic at hand because the good old USA is flexing their capitalist imperialist muscles there too. On this occasion, I can't think of anywhere worse so I think the entire world can criticise both the regime (US puppet) and the civilisation, largely under the control of hundreds of criminal gangs.

I give you: Haiti. The absolute aresehole of the universe. Great example of imperialism gone wrong.

The war in Ukraine is also going wrong. There can be no winners. Unless this literally turns into WW3, it could go on for years, decades even...
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:05 pm
The war in Ukraine is also going wrong. There can be no winners. Unless this literally turns into WW3, it could go on for years, decades even...
There rarely are in any war.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I pop in here occasionally just for a giggle.

My most important choice in a morning is red flip flops or blue flip flops.

I have a hotline from the Kremlin to advise me.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm I pop in here occasionally just for a giggle.

I have a hotline from the Kremlin to advise me.
Nurse! He’s woken up again!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm
I've never been able to get on with flip flops, my favourites at the moment are plastic Birkenstocks. They work well with socks too.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Got a bit of second hand gossip this morning.

One of M's neighbours is Polish. On the phone to his family in Poland last night (he lives in the UK most of the time) he learns that the Poles are preparing for possible nuclear incidents. Cellar spaces are being reinforced to serve as bunkers and over 65s are being given iodine pills, just in case.

I don't know how true this is but when your neighbour is fighting for its independence and freedom (that word again!) from a huge neighbour that has nuclear weapons and is keen to remind others of that, it may well be true.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

That might be because Belarus is starting mobilisation and thousands* of Russian troops are gathering there.
They are likely to do something but so far nobody knows which direction it will go.

* According to Lukashenko more than 1000 but not loads.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mussels wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:28 am That might be because Belarus is starting mobilisation and thousands of Russian troops are gathering there.
They are likely to do something but so far nobody knows which direction it will go.
Or is it a feint, attempting to draw away troops from the South and East?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Horse wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:30 am
Mussels wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:28 am That might be because Belarus is starting mobilisation and thousands of Russian troops are gathering there.
Quite possibly but Poland can't be sure of that and they are close to the troop build up
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Poland also advised its citizens living in Belarus to leave earlier this week.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

11 Russian recruits killed and 15 wounded by 2 gunmen from 'a former Soviet republic' during a weapons training exercise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63273599
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Tajik muslims apparently. Forced by conscription, dumped into a training ground full of Russians who hate them and handed live weapons.

What could possibly go wrong?
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:22 am Tajik muslims apparently. Forced by conscription, dumped into a training ground full of Russians who hate them and handed live weapons.

What could possibly go wrong?
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens when they start conscripting Ukrainians from the Annexed territories too.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I would hope most people in that frame of mind can wait until they get to the front line and then show how upset they are.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Horse wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:30 am
Dunno, but Poland has all sorts of nice weapons and knows how to use them, any Belarus incursion would be an absolute massacre.
irie

Post by irie »

A shocking video with no attempt to conceal faces. If this video is genuinely representative of what is going on (which seems to be the case) then these conscripts along with many thousands more will probably die of cold when the Ukrainian winter strikes. Unless they first desert that is.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just wait until China walks into Taiwan, Biden already lost that war before a shot was fired.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

The trouble with being a CAS pilot is getting in the cockpit with your huge balls. (not my quote).

I think Ukraine has given Winnie the Po cause to rethink a "special unification operation". I've no doubt they could unleash a fearsome missile bombardment but the invasion force have 60-70 miles of water to cross rather than just rolling across a border.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."