Friday thread... the darkness is upon us..

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Friday thread... the darkness is upon us..

Post by weeksy »

6.47am and it's still pretty dark now...

Anyway.. Fri is WFH and chilling mostly.
Sat. Forest of Dean, race practice for me and the lad... lots of trails and hopefully not too much crashing. Dominos for tea i think.
Sun. Race day, i know, shock horror, we're off racing... Forest of Dean, both of us racing this one and my first on a proper DH bike. Gulp.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Friday thread... the darkness is upon us..

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am I'm envious, I'm an old man (well 50 is old to me) setting up my retirement cottage and he's an 18yr old blade just about to set off on the greatest journey of his life.
That's FAB matey... good luck to him. I know GPs lad has made what seems a fabulous life for himself in the NAvy... .so i'm sure your boy should do the same.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Work then…..tomorrow 32 yr re union of my Nurses set …
Some I’ve not seen in all that time - others I’m still in touch with.
Child is off to Exeter to visit a university friend .
cheb

Post by cheb »

Sorting out, and packing away around the house all of spawn the older's clutter that miraculously arrived via my van yesterday.
I'm hopeful this will be the last time I do this as their house should be completed by the year end.

Turning some floorboards into a windowsill for an upstairs room here, about 2m x 0.6m.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I might get my hair cut.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am I have two tonne of firewood being delivered
I've got 2 tonne of olive logs sat on the drive and another tonne stacked out the back, all of it needs processing. The splitting axe the previous people left behind just bounces off so I've ordered a Fiskars X27. I'll end up buying an electric splitter but thought I'd give the axe a go first.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:03 am I might get my hair cut.
Fuck that!
David

Post by David »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:14 am
Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am I have two tonne of firewood being delivered
I've got 2 tonne of olive logs sat on the drive and another tonne stacked out the back, all of it needs processing. The splitting axe the previous people left behind just bounces off so I've ordered a Fiskars X27. I'll end up buying an electric splitter but thought I'd give the axe a go first.
Electric splitter...though they suddenly got v. expensive. Gave my step son in law mine as we has no fire (great gnashing of teeth and wailing of hands)...he has just split and sold 10 tons of wood and is impressed with it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Went out drinking and eating last night and have a hangover today, which doesn't make me feel like doing anything. I had planned to install the nifty MoniMoto on the MT09 today whilst I had the cover off looking for the OEM plug for the heated grips as I've bought the Yamaha loom to plug them into so they're ignition fed and not permanently live like the other Yamaha option! :roll: Hopefully if my head clears I will do this and fix the puncture and I'm itching to get out on it, but I know I really shouldn't. :( Still, I never was any good at being told what to do! :D

Tomorrow, I may go and look at new cars even though I don't have any bites on mine yet.

Tomorrow night I'm being taken out for dinner by my daughter and her other half for handling the sale of the car they won and getting them a few £k more than they expected. 8-)

Sunday my Sister is coming over to stay for a day (or 2) as we haven't seen each other in ages. Roast dinner and too much wine is the order of the day!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am More fairly mundane stuff for me, I've got a gardener coming today to discuss landscaping, the builder let me down so he's not coming, I have two tonne of firewood being delivered, some parcels coming, the cars to sort out and then at the weekend I'm flying back to the land of no potholes and decent customer service, whilst my lad will pass me in the air as he moves lock, stock and barrel back to the UK ready for his entry into the army after Christmas.

I'm envious, I'm an old man (well 50 is old to me) setting up my retirement cottage and he's an 18yr old blade just about to set off on the greatest journey of his life.
Where is this new gaff?
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Friday, day off today: dog walk, various phone calls to arrange spending money, E-MTB and another dog walk. Then off to the pub for an evening meal with the dogs as the nearby school has a firework display and we don't want traumatised dogs.
Sat: another day off, not sure what we're doing.
Sun: Back to work.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Only things planned are putting a new battery on my Kawasaki, trying to fix the oil drip from the sump plug (it's a 40 year old race bike, feck knows how many times the oil has been changed) and seeing if I've fixed the minor fuel weep in one of the petrol tanks I have for it - all it preparation for it being a historical vehicle next month and it no longer needing road tax or MOT, so it can be road legal (sort of)

Apart from that I'd like to get out on my mountain bike, something I haven't done for months because of foot pain
Honda Owner
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Friday: Wife to work, leading morning prayers, collecting a PC that needs rebuilding as they lost the bitlocker code... then straight to the 12thC church to have a meeting about Remembrance Sunday 13th Nov. Then home to collect youngest spawn and her dog from the park to take her to the head doctor for her weekly session. Home to cook, daughter to work in evening and then relax.

Saturday: Day off! Relax, sleep past 7am if possible. Dog for a nice walk, then some wine, lunch and an afternoon snooze (well, that is the plan, but unlikely).

Sunday: 6 services. 8am, 10.30am, 12 Noon, 4pm, 6.30pm and 7:45pm.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:40 am Where is this new gaff?
Given his previous issues with people tracking him down he might ignore this, I reckon with the name of the town it would take me about half an hour to find his full address.
tricol

Post by tricol »

Today: Get through most of the day really. Might try and get out on the Trident later for a quick blast
Saturday: Road bike ride with the new local cycling club
Sunday: Possible MTB to the new local spots
Yamaha MT09 SP
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Mussels wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:07 am
Given his previous issues with people tracking him down he might ignore this, I reckon with the name of the town it would take me about half an hour to find his full address.
Or you just could look at his previous posts where he said pretty much where it was
Honda Owner
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Frid: Early night
Sat: I have to be in the office ready to do some testing at 4.30am. Yup. Then off to west London to see a friend.
Sun: Driving back from West London with or without a hangover.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Man coming this morning to fix the alarm system.
Man coming this afternoon to fit 2 new window panes.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Were going apple picking tomorrow, 3 generation family visit to one of the community orchards.

I found Red Wine I didn't know I had*, so I've decided I can afford to use an entire bottle for Beef Bourguignon. I imagine we shall be having something apple based for desert.

*appalling behaviour I know
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:07 am
I just hope he's not moved to shandy territory.