Silverstone 31st Aug.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Silverstone 31st Aug.

Post by weeksy »

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/track-day ... rack-days/

Mrs Weeksy just booked this for the BH Monday, 31st Aug.

(scroll down on the link to book)
mikeycee

Re: Silverstone 31st Aug.

Post by mikeycee »

I love Silverstone, such an amazing circuit to ride - I just cant find the £250.00 needed to ride it, When NL Were able to run there it was still on the pricey side but a little easier to find the funds.

Makes me want my RR Back!

Have a good one! :thumbup: :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

mikeycee wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm I love Silverstone, such an amazing circuit to ride - I just cant find the £250.00 needed to ride it, When NL Were able to run there it was still on the pricey side but a little easier to find the funds.

Makes me want my RR Back!

Have a good one! :thumbup: :D
Small groups, nice atmosphere and no overnight stay, means it's about same as anywhere else for us.
Welsh Muffin

Post by Welsh Muffin »

Very late to the party writing up how the day went, it's been a busy week!

Managed to get to track nice and easy, I do love Silverstone for the ease compared to the likes of Brands, with a team effort we got the bike onto the trailer with Steve's broken hand. When we got there I couldn't believe how quiet it was, I know we were only running the national circuit but it was noticeably quieter than usual. Not that I was complaining. Got all set up and ready to go, weather was a bit chilly for August but it was dry which is better than Pembrey was the week before.

I've not ridden the national circuit before, it turned right a lot earlier than I thought it would! :D And I don't think I ever got the right line on that right, although according to the instructor there isn't really a right line through there! lol The first session was all about getting used to the new rubber I was running, normally run super corsas but this time out Weeksy had given me a set with a different compound, apparently a stiffer compound. (at least I think that's what he said!) :lol: I liked them a lot, didn't have any moments where I felt movement, unlike the super corsas at Pembrey.

I was really happy with the bike and set up and was getting faster each session. I was out in inters, usually I'm the slowest out there which I'm fine with, however today I wasn't :D There were a couple of people that I was easily overtaking each session, even lapping one and that never happens for me! It definitely makes it more fun when you're not constantly being whizzed past. There were however plenty of seriously quick riders in our group, many of whom should have been in fast, it didn't bother me as I'm used to it. What was interesting was having Michael Rutter out in our sessions as well, man he's fast! I couldn't even comprehend how fast he was going into corners. Although watching him on the start/finish straight and seeing where he tipped in gave me some pointers which I did and certainly helped with my corner speed.

The highlight of the day was around session 4, the long right-hander before the start/finish straight, finally got my knee down, first time it was a case of yup that was my knee down, the surprise as it touches. But could I do it again? Next lap, down again for a bit longer around the corner. Huge grin on my face and laughing my head off all down the straight. Next time around I had it down all around the corner, but then I thought, hang on a sec, not sure I can get the bike back up again and I saw the rumble strips getting closer! :lol: Luckily all good, but it did knock my confidence a bit and I didn't get it down for the rest of the day but I was happy. It's taken me 17 years of track riding to do it! :D The new leathers made a huge difference, I was able to move around the bike with far more ease than the previous ones. Guess we'll have to see if I can replicate it again next time.

All in all a cracking day, I do like the Silverstone days, not a single red flag, smaller groups and really helpful instructors plus the bike was awesome. :D
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

:clap: Well done!! Next up, left handers! :thumbup:
Welsh Muffin

Post by Welsh Muffin »

scottyuk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:34 pm :clap: Well done!! Next up, left handers! :thumbup:
That's the plan, I have technically had my left knee down at Rocki years ago but it was a fleeting touch so don't really count that. Trouble with National circuit was there was only 1 left hander and it was before the right I was trying to get it down on so far too much to think about to do two corners in a row! :lol:

Next time though as I love left handed corners. :D
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

Was it the day at Rocky I performed my stunt in front of you? :crazy: