Yorick

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yorick »

Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Yorick wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 pm What a f*cking half wit

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63135434
A. Gammon said regarding this: "Should be prosecuted for criminal damage and made to clean it up, no respect, she may have not been here if it wasn't for brave people like him, hate to think what would happen if she was ever called on to defend the country".

Which is somewhat ironic considering she is defending her country; and he is almost certainly a curtain twitching pensioner of no consequence.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/l ... source=nba

It's an important cause and her actions are shrewd in terms of the publicity they have generated.

Anyway, where were the statue defenders?
Last edited by Asian Boss on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Asian Boss wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:07 pm

A. Gammon said
What's a gammon?
cheb

Post by cheb »

A. Gammon said regarding this: "Should be prosecuted for criminal damage and made to clean it up, no respect, she may have not been here if it wasn't for brave people like him, hate to think what would happen if she was ever called on to defend the country".

Which is somewhat ironic considering she is defending her country; and he is almost certainly a curtain twitching pensioner of no consequence.

It's an important cause and her actions are shrewd in terms of the publicity they have generated.

If they pull that statue down you could put your straw man on the plinth. :thumbup:
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

cheb wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:38 pm

If they pull that statue down you could put your straw man on the plinth. :thumbup:
I don't understand why the statue defenders have gone so quiet. And the Brexity types. I mean, it's all going so well. Getting it done; defending the statues; sending them back (or to Rwanda). It's all going so well. And let's have no blaming things on the pandemic or Ukraine. It's all going so well. A big thumbs up to everyone who made it happen. Everyone remembers who you are. Because they were so vocal about it at the time. :thumbup:
Ant

Post by Ant »

I'm beginning to think someone didn't get their own way over half a decade ago and they're a little bitter over it 😂
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Potter wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:11 am
Asian Boss wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:59 pm
cheb wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:38 pm

I don't understand why the statue defenders have gone so quiet. And the Brexity types. I mean, it's all going so well. Getting it done; defending the statues; sending them back (or to Rwanda). It's all going so well. And let's have no blaming things on the pandemic or Ukraine. It's all going so well. A big thumbs up to everyone who made it happen. Everyone remembers who you are. Because they were so vocal about it at the time. :thumbup:
Brexit really did steal your future :(
In fact, I think it's taken your past, present and future.
At least it ddn't take his dignity. He's doing that all by himself... :wtf:
irie

Post by irie »

https://www.politico.eu/article/scholzs ... -brussels/
Scholz’s ‘Germany First’ energy plan fires Franco-Italian revolt in Brussels

Facing heavy pressure from industry and consumers — and voters in regional elections in Lower Saxony on Sunday — Scholz is taking a go-it-alone approach to pouring up to €200 billion into the German economy to help cushion the impact of soaring energy prices.
The Franco-Italian complaint against Germany is that Berlin will distort the EU's hallowed common market by putting state-funded German companies at an unfair advantage over rivals, which is all the more galling for critics who argue that Berlin was a leading architect of the energy crisis by establishing a dependence on Moscow's gas export monopoly Gazprom.
So Germany, while having benefitted from cheap Russian gas making massive profits and being responsible for the current energy crisis, is now going to plough hugh amounts of money back into Germany Inc. Deutschland Über Alles* indeed.

* Germany Over Everything
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Wish you were here..?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-63060059

"Holidaymakers left in wrong country after flight aborted"

"Mr Fludder, from Preston, said the hotel was overbooked, meaning he had to sleep on the floor of the room with his partner Emma Bradley and five strangers [who] were then squeezed into the room with just two beds, which they gave to the two oldest men, aged 72 and 59, one of whom has one leg."

Well, that's one holiday story they can dine out for years to come. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

irie wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:13 pm https://www.politico.eu/article/scholzs ... -brussels/
Scholz’s ‘Germany First’ energy plan fires Franco-Italian revolt in Brussels

Facing heavy pressure from industry and consumers — and voters in regional elections in Lower Saxony on Sunday — Scholz is taking a go-it-alone approach to pouring up to €200 billion into the German economy to help cushion the impact of soaring energy prices.
The Franco-Italian complaint against Germany is that Berlin will distort the EU's hallowed common market by putting state-funded German companies at an unfair advantage over rivals, which is all the more galling for critics who argue that Berlin was a leading architect of the energy crisis by establishing a dependence on Moscow's gas export monopoly Gazprom.
So Germany, while having benefitted from cheap Russian gas making massive profits and being responsible for the current energy crisis, is now going to plough hugh amounts of money back into Germany Inc. Deutschland Über Alles* indeed.

* Germany Over Everything
It's almost as if they're taking back control, without ever having lost control or needing to leave the EU to do it...

Oh, and also from Politico
A French economy ministry official said Monday that it was too early to assess the German plan, but noted that it was similar to what France has been doing in recent months.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-63124101

But the unit next to it is opening as a Gregg's competitor (Cooplands).

And my next nearest pizza takeaway just closed!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Aptly named road too.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Scientists have discovered a way to break down plastic bags “within hours at room temperature”, says The Guardian: using insect spit. Special enzymes in the saliva of wax worms – moth larvae that infest beehives – have been found to degrade polyethylene, a widely used plastic that can only be recycled using complex and inefficient chemical processes. The potentially world-changing discovery came after a scientist who happened to be an amateur beekeeper cleaned out a hive and found the worms eating holes in an old bin bag.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Plastic roads

slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Horse wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:15 pm Scientists have discovered a way to break down plastic bags “within hours at room temperature”, says The Guardian: using insect spit. Special enzymes in the saliva of wax worms – moth larvae that infest beehives – have been found to degrade polyethylene, a widely used plastic that can only be recycled using complex and inefficient chemical processes. The potentially world-changing discovery came after a scientist who happened to be an amateur beekeeper cleaned out a hive and found the worms eating holes in an old bin bag.
How will we carry it home?
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Ant wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:09 pm I'm beginning to think someone didn't get their own way over half a decade ago and they're a little bitter over it 😂
We were all winners that day.

Just look at all the Brexit Benefits.

Even the people we Brexited away, they were winners too.

And there's the additional benefits from the competent and honest government we now have thanks to the vote in in 2019 to 'get it done'.

Keep it Brexity. Nice and Brexity. :thumbup:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Asian Boss wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:40 pm
Ant wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:09 pm I'm beginning to think someone didn't get their own way over half a decade ago and they're a little bitter over it 😂
We were all winners that day.

Just look at all the Brexit Benefits.

Even the people we Brexited away, they were winners too.

And there's the additional benefits from the competent and honest government we now have thanks to the vote in in 2019 to 'get it done'.

Keep it Brexity. Nice and Brexity. :thumbup:
Keep it remaineey, all nice and remainery and everything innit.

I can't imagine what it's like to be so bitter, resentful and miserable, but keep it remainery.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:45 am I can't imagine what it's like to be so bitter, resentful and miserable, but keep it remainery.
Can't you?
Its dead easy, just have a look at how bitter and resentful the people have been who pissed and moaned about greater unification with Europe since I was a kid.
They were so put out they campaigned for decades til they got Brexit.
If you look at them, tone the angst down about 70% and you'll be able to imagine how bitter we are about Brexit costing the UK a fortune.

And lets face it, Brexit isn't even close to being "Done" and if you believe it is, you're clearly not paying attention. :thumbup:
Ant

Post by Ant »

demographic wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 am
Ant wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:45 am I can't imagine what it's like to be so bitter, resentful and miserable, but keep it remainery.
Can't you?
Its dead easy, just have a look at how bitter and resentful the people have been who pissed and moaned about greater unification with Europe since I was a kid.
If you look at them, tone the angst down about 70% and you'll be able to imagine how bitter we are about Brexit costing the UK a fortune.

And lets face it, Brexit isn't even close to being "Done" and if you believe it is, you're clearly not paying attention. :thumbup:
No I can't. My life can never be so shit that I have to sit in a pile of misery, bitterness and hate.

Life is too short for that, I've got better things to be doing.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Ant wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:14 am
demographic wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 am
Can't you?

No I can't. My life can never be so shit that I have to sit in a pile of misery, bitterness and hate.

Life is too short for that, I've got better things to be doing.
So yer conceding that Brexiteers sat on a pile of hate for decades?

Well done, its a start then.