What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MingtheMerciless

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MingtheMerciless »

weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 am Image2020-09-04_11-25-44 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

8 weeks. Joy!!!
At last they seem to be treating it conservatively. It'll fly by and by the time you're riding again it'll be nice and muddy to cushion the landing........😂😂

I'm not helping much am I? (in best "it's in the sand voice")😁
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

If he can't ride, his bikes are gonna get cleaned to death ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:01 pm If he can't ride, his bikes are gonna get cleaned to death ;)
They're spotless already. But i may find some shiny bits.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

plasti dip orange..👍
Yamaha rocket 3
David

Post by David »

Took the abs pump off the cr-v as it has a sensor fault internally. The new one isnt the same. Poo. Put the old one back on, packed the new one for return, bled the brakes...took the wrong 'un into aber to post (ebay send you a label...but you dont know how much till your partial refund arrives...next one goes by herpes). Did a bit of shopping and picked up P's scrip for dermatitis which she has let get out of control. Ordered another pump...twice the cost of the first. So now i have to do it all again on monday (?) when and if it arrives, swap an anti roll bar link and submit it for test on wednesday. Maybe able to pick the x type if the bits for that arrive...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

My car sounds like a bag of nails on the best of days, usually gets a bit worse when the oil starts to get low, so topped it up.

It still sounded a bit odd, from the lower drivers side (it's got a cam chain so it's always a bit rattly), I decided to investigate.

Wheel off and wheel arch liner out...

So I jumped on the Enfield and exchanged £10 for a new belt at ECP.

What should have been a 30min fix took 3 hours because I didn't have the correct tool to release the tensioner.

Anyways, it's a bit quieter now.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I was going kayaking this morning with a friend but the wind was stronger than forecast and as she's very inexperienced the H & S guy inside me suggested it wouldn't be comfortable for her so we had another brew hoping the wind would drop off. Then we had a beer or two and still the wind was gusting badly.

So we had another beer or two, well I had beer and M was on wine by then. Around 5 pm we called it a day although it wasn't because in half an hour we're out for dinner on one of the local boats. We'll be back about midnight I guess and I'll probably be full. :lol:

Have a good evening chaps. :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yambo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:23 pm I was going kayaking this morning with a friend but the wind was stronger than forecast and as she's very inexperienced the H & S guy inside me suggested it wouldn't be comfortable for her so we had another brew hoping the wind would drop off. Then we had a beer or two and still the wind was gusting badly.

So we had another beer or two, well I had beer and M was on wine by then. Around 5 pm we called it a day although it wasn't because in half an hour we're out for dinner on one of the local boats. We'll be back about midnight I guess and I'll probably be full. :lol:

Didja get the leg over? Enquiring minds need to know. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Latest update in the fridge freezer saga.

Got contacted this afternoon by the company on messenger so that made it difficult to argue properly.

They’re trying to fob me off to the manufacturer who they will kindly get to send out someone to look at it.

I argued Consumer Rights trumps their stupid company policy but the person was having none of it, said he wasn’t authorised to alter that policy, had done all he could and stopped answering.

So another stinking email got fired off but it’s gonna be Monday now before I can actually talk to anyone.
David

Post by David »

Yambo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:23 pm I was going kayaking this morning with a friend but the wind was stronger than forecast and as she's very inexperienced the H & S guy inside me suggested it wouldn't be comfortable for her so we had another brew hoping the wind would drop off. Then we had a beer or two and still the wind was gusting badly.

What else will you teach the lady?
David

Post by David »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Wasn't just me then....
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

David wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Wasn't just me then....
He's taking her out to dinner so the answer is 'not yet'.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I walked 4km. only to a shop and back. My arm still objects to that amount of walking, so I'm not very impressed!! :thumbdown:

On a side note, my phone tells me I'm walking around 1km each day and that's just around the rehab centre!! I'm quite impressed at that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:57 pm I walked 4km. only to a shop and back. My arm still objects to that amount of walking, so I'm not very impressed!! :thumbdown:

On a side note, my phone tells me I'm walking around 1km each day and that's just around the rehab centre!! I'm quite impressed at that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My busiest day of the season yesterday, over 22000 steps !TBF it's not that unusual to crack 20000 but not really what I wanted on my birthday weekend !
Potter

Post by Potter »

Drove through the English moors to go and get a PCR test.

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Discovered the massive blackberry bushes and Apple trees in the park near my house and after duly checking they were on public land got myself the makings of a cut price crumble....

I've lived here 6 years and only just discovered this mini orchard 10 mins walk away. There are a dozen different apple trees, miles and miles of BlackBerry and even a few medlars. All planted by MK Parks Trust.

Yambo

Post by Yambo »

;) ;)
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Out for a walk this morning and went to stroke a bulldog pup.

The owner said it had a habit of biting but oh no I knew better :oops:
DFA7BEA9-0C19-482D-9F80-6489DEF10AC6.jpeg
DFA7BEA9-0C19-482D-9F80-6489DEF10AC6.jpeg (88.37 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
The poor owner was mortified especially as it was pouring blood onto the pavement but I could only keep reassuring him that it was my fault more than the pups.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

53 years ago today I joined the army and subsequently served for 23.5 years. I'm OK now, thank you. :thumbup:

46 years ago yesterday I married Mrs Right. It only took me 3 months to find out her first name was Always. :D In Feb she'll have been gone 10 years. :cry:

Doesn't time fly!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yambo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:37 pm 53 years ago today I joined the army and subsequently served for 23.5 years. I'm OK now, thank you. :thumbup:

46 years ago yesterday I married Mrs Right. It only took me 3 months to find out her first name was Always. :D In Feb she'll have been gone 10 years. :cry:

Doesn't time fly!
We have one of the copper roses Steven made around the time of his mum's passing. Lovely work and a piece that actually means something.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955