Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

;pics;
Noggin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:41 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Awesome :bblonde: :bblonde: Hope the recovery goes well and fast :D :D
Sadly I messed it up due to being impatient! 🙄 Trying to work the joint to hard I tore the skin around the staples in a couple of places. So probably won’t be able to complete the required tests for early discharge. Hopefully get out on Saturday though..
You utter donut!!! "Do what they say say, no more and no less" Definitely no more!!!! You know better!! :roll: :lol:

Seriously, hope you heal fast and get out soon :thumbup:

I’m a bit of trouble actually. Blood pressure is fortunately low as I’m bleeding like a shark attack, on top of which they are still worried about blood clots. So lots of physio today to get me moving and upped my pain meds with quick booster types to help with physio sessions. They are so helpful and nice it’s almost overwhelming but I feel I’m in the right place to get me through it. Totally different experience to my last one!! F***I’llng painful!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:32 am

I’m a bit of trouble actually. Blood pressure is fortunately low as I’m bleeding like a shark attack, on top of which they are still worried about blood clots. So lots of physio today to get me moving and upped my pain meds with quick booster types to help with physio sessions. They are so helpful and nice it’s almost overwhelming but I feel I’m in the right place to get me through it. Totally different experience to my last one!! F***I’llng painful!!!
Sounds like you are definitely in a better place than last time. Don't rush to get out if they are helping!! Crossing fingers that it all sorts out soon x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a few problems and a great deal of pain that meant I couldn’t walk but they’ve rallied round and given me extra meds!

Then I’ve gone into one. Smashed out the walking and even done the walking up and down stair test twice. Physio have signed me off!

Got a catch up with the RMO (senior Doctor) about stabilising my meds snd if that is sorted I’ll be discharged. I don’t know when that will be though but I’ve deffo turned a corner!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:09 am Had a few problems and a great deal of pain that meant I couldn’t walk but they’ve rallied round and given me extra meds!

Then I’ve gone into one. Smashed out the walking and even done the walking up and down stair test twice. Physio have signed me off!

Got a catch up with the RMO (senior Doctor) about stabilising my meds snd if that is sorted I’ll be discharged. I don’t know when that will be though but I’ve deffo turned a corner!
Hope Mrs T has plenty of cold shandy in the fridge :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:09 am Had a few problems and a great deal of pain that meant I couldn’t walk but they’ve rallied round and given me extra meds!

And yet you give no credit to the Sketchers. It's almost as if you're embarrassed of them.... :think:

;)

Glad you're on the mend. Those legs of yours look just about long enough to reach the ground, so a shame not use them. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:43 am

Hope Mrs T has plenty of cold shandy in the fridge :)
Top Deck Fest is scheduled for all day Sunday and they’ll even be Spangles just to make it trippy!
Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

I sneaked another birthday under the radar so nobody at all noticed.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Bike Breaker wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:34 pm I sneaked another birthday under the radar so nobody at all noticed.
Happy birthday, sneaker birthday mo-fo!
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bike Breaker wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:34 pm I sneaked another birthday under the radar so nobody at all noticed.
I'm certain I saw a thread on that topic..... :hmmm:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mrs.Skub haz the Covidz,so it probably won't be long until I get my turn. :roll:
Walt Whitman
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've been out a couple of times, just to prove I can (not on the bike - very cold and was wet this morning!)!! LOL But got distracted from everything else by cross stitch! :lol:

Was showing a friend the other day all the pieces I have in a file that I've finished over the years, and not had anyone to give them to or whatever. The oldest in the file is my second piece which I reckon is going on 35+ years old :o :o !!

In the pile of finished ones were some of a set of Winnie the Pooh designs. I had Pooh, TIgger and Eyeore, but not Piglet :( :( Was saying that I was a bit sad that I must have lost the PIglet design.

Today I randomly found it. It was almost finished but there was a sticky not on the packet saying I needed four colours of threads - well, I just sorted a shit load of threads yesterday evening but actually found matching ones in the remains from the Mil-loony-um design I did in rehab :D :D

Sooooo - Piglet is finished and the set is complete :D :D :D They are too big for cards so need mounting and framing :(

Of course, I don't have wall space for them so they'll go back in the folder of finished articles!! :(

Also in there was a baby Forever Friends design. A mate is going back to the UK this week for a few weeks and has agreed to take a parcel to post for me - a crochet blanket for a friend's baby - so I put the baby's name on the Forever Friends design and will add that to the parcel. Better for someone to actually like and enjoy (is that the right word?) these 'pictures' than they stay sat in a folder for another 20-30 years :roll: :roll:

I did remember to go to the shop and buy bread - as the shop is closed all weekend, getting in some sliced bread (baguette doesn't last long enough) will be a bonus if it does snow overnight and tomorrow - I might actually eat some soup!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Noggin on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yes they did. Slacker. :P

viewtopic.php?p=104938&hilit=happy+birt ... er#p104938

Oops,looks like that was a year ago. :lol:

I blame weeksy,he's supposed to do all the birthdays.
Walt Whitman
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Xxxxx
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I thought I'd wait until you'd finished partying and the booze and stuff had worn off... :D

Happy Belated Birthday BB! 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

That's you on your bike - so fast we never saw you!

Happy Birthday!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

4 hour enduro then straight in the pool :)
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I learned a lesson in trying new methods today. I've been taking old bathroom tiles down, a crowbar was fairly effective but then when it got in a tight space I switched to a hammer and bolster. That was hard work so I got the SDS drill out thinking it would be like a jack-hammer at roadworks. It was precise and gentle* and like the tiles were stuck on with blu-tac, why didn't I do that earlier.

* Compared with previous methods.
dern

Post by dern »

Got up at ten after going to bed at four having gone to the pub with mates and played board games and drinking whiskey all night. Had a nap when I got home. Washed the bike and applied acf50 ready for the autumn. Then washed and polished the van.

0F45399E-8885-4614-9233-5823C594AFE0.jpeg
0F45399E-8885-4614-9233-5823C594AFE0.jpeg (450.32 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

Gardening all day. One hedge cut,4 lawns mowed and neighbour's fence repaired.

Mostly fuckerated now.
Walt Whitman
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:42 pm 4 hour enduro then straight in the pool :)
Should have got off the bike first ffs! :roll: