What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Proper busy day today!

Physio at 9am

Had offered to help a friend pick up his bike, it was up in another resort. Said I could be at his at 10am, which gave me time to help and then get to another friend's place. Only he was late!! LOL Still managed to do it in time but damn, driving a HUGE Nissan pick up with jacked up suspension and shit brakes down a mountain road is interesting!! :lol: :lol:

Then rode to another friends so I could driver her parents to GVA cos she was doing a course and her husband was working!

Home by 18:00 and wiped out!! LOL But it was a good day :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Helped pick up a man who had fallen from his chair. He had severe learning difficulties, so it was a challenge, but we got him calm, managed to manoeuvre the chair from under him and got him into a stable tub chair to recover. Plaster on his head and he was sorted.

Then put a spare LED light in the loo as lighting system blew after it was flooded. At least they can use the urinals now.

Back home, chewed by the puppy, the she fell asleep at my feet. Cat curled up in my lap and started snoring/purring in equal measures. Rather nice time. About to head out taking daughter to her cleaning job, I'll take the compline service from there remotely and then give her a hand in getting things done a bit quicker.

Yesterday I was in the hospital with a man who is terminally ill, at least when I prayed for him he fell into a deep peaceful sleep which was good as he was so agitated and upset from having his tracheotomy tubes replaced. His wife was glad to have a consoling presence, I took her home in the car afterwards so she did not have to take a bus. She is there daily, 1/2 hour on the bus and a fair walk. Makes me realise my life is easy and even with teh difficulties we have, we are blessed with health, good food and a warm house.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I went for a wander round St. James' park this afternoon. It was swamped with old bill, most strolling around in pairs trying to look like they are on a local beat except I passed several pairs of them in five minutes. When it fills up a bit with people they won't look so obvious.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Took dog for an MTB “walk”, cleaned the dogs water fountain, tidied up, cleaned the bathroom.

Went to the LBS saw my new E-MTB and we decided it needs a shorter dropper post so that’s on order along with a ride wrap kit. Hopefully happy new bike day next week.

Cooked fish n chips and now in bed for an early night for another string of 12hr shifts

Rock n Roll
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Felix

Post by Felix »

Sod all. Well had to go to shops for Milk what was the highlight. Wife has Covid and while i feel like shit with all the signs i am still testing negative. My customers for this week must be 95% elderly so i will not risk bumping off the hand that feeds me. If i feel better on Thursday and still negative i have a fence to build so can get on with that.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a bit of my skeleton replaced !
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:53 pm Had a bit of my skeleton replaced !
You posted a link to a private health care price list per treatment not that long ago. Still got the link?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Felix wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:51 pm
You posted a link to a private health care price list per treatment not that long ago. Still got the link?
Hopefully this works as suffering a bit of brain fog st the mo…

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-h ... ts/prices/
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:58 pm
Felix wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:51 pm
Hopefully this works as suffering a bit of brain fog st the mo…

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-h ... ts/prices/
Thank you :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I did what every Priest will eventually do. I listened to a father tell me about his beautiful daughter who committed suicide last night and to her brother and sister. I have no words for them that will ease their pain. They were not Christian, but wanted a Priest to talk to and be with them. I gave them what I have, hugs, permission to grieve, prayers and a blessing. On taking my leave, I hugged them and was hugged by the son who is autistic with Asperger's. The aunt told me outside the house that he does not hug people, ever. May they find peace in this dark time of dreadful grief and pain. Lord have mercy.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Awesome :bblonde: :bblonde: Hope the recovery goes well and fast :D :D

the_priest wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:21 pm Today I did what every Priest will eventually do. I listened to a father tell me about his beautiful daughter who committed suicide last night and to her brother and sister. I have no words for them that will ease their pain. They were not Christian, but wanted a Priest to talk to and be with them. I gave them what I have, hugs, permission to grieve, prayers and a blessing. On taking my leave, I hugged them and was hugged by the son who is autistic with Asperger's. The aunt told me outside the house that he does not hug people, ever. May they find peace in this dark time of dreadful grief and pain. Lord have mercy.
Really good they have someone like you around. Not being Christian doesn't (as you know) negate the need for solace, hugs, kindness etc. Sadly most people do not know how to behave to families in this situation (I had to ask on here or the other place for help when it happened to a friend). Glad you are there xxx
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I had an appointment with someone for Kiom 'treatment'. Vaguely yoghurt weavy and totally unproven (my physio can't help but be dismissive due to the second!). TBH, I'm really not sure about what she says about it (releasing tension and 'breathing out' hurt, stress and emotional 'issues' :roll: ) BUT, under all that is a seriously tough massage working a lot on pressure points. If that's all I get, then that's pretty damn fine!!! (And she's training, so I can afford it for now!! LOL)
And also - she put my jeans in the tumble dryer whilst I was there :D :D They got wet again, but at least I could put them on dry after the massage!! LOL

Then met a fellow shoulder spazz to offer support (not physically!! LOL)

Physio in the afternoon.

When I got home my jacket/hoodie-thing was still wet from this morning :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't normally mind riding in the wet, but lack of confidence in the bike and lack of being able to get into wet weather trews make it less nice!!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Bought yet more records i can't fucking afford... :wtf:

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm
Sadly I messed it up due to being impatient! 🙄 Trying to work the joint to hard I tore the skin around the staples in a couple of places. So probably won’t be able to complete the required tests for early discharge. Hopefully get out on Saturday though..
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Turned the electricity off so a train driver could safely retrieve a troubled person from the railway.
It was also a good “demonstration” for one our trainees to see according to my colleague.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Drove from home to about 20km outside Bruges via the Eurotunnel, now feeling rather plump after dinner and vino, plus wallet empty after cabbie relieving us of €70.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

v8-powered wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:00 pm Drove from home to about 20km outside Bruges via the Eurotunnel, now feeling rather plump after dinner and vino, plus wallet empty after cabbie relieving us of €70.
Hmmm, Zot.

Bring me back some Hentho 'Noah' Gin for the wife, I'll happily pay the going rate.
Horse

Post by Horse »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm
Bring me back some Hentho 'Noah' Gin for the wife,
Well, as swaps go ...
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm
v8-powered wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:00 pm Drove from home to about 20km outside Bruges via the Eurotunnel, now feeling rather plump after dinner and vino, plus wallet empty after cabbie relieving us of €70.
Hmmm, Zot.

Bring me back some Hentho 'Noah' Gin for the wife, I'll happily pay the going rate.
We are off out tomorrow so if I see some I'll grab you a bottle.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm
Sadly I messed it up due to being impatient! 🙄 Trying to work the joint to hard I tore the skin around the staples in a couple of places. So probably won’t be able to complete the required tests for early discharge. Hopefully get out on Saturday though..
You utter donut!!! "Do what they say say, no more and no less" Definitely no more!!!! You know better!! :roll: :lol:

Seriously, hope you heal fast and get out soon :thumbup: