In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
gremlin

Re: In todays news...

Post by gremlin »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am she can examine my plums.
Last time my female doctor offered me a testicle examination she added, 'if you wouldn't mind just moving your penis...' :oops:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 pm
DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am she can examine my plums.
Last time my female doctor offered me a testicle examination she added, 'if you wouldn't mind just moving your penis...' :oops:
I went to my doctor for an examination and she said I had to stop masturbating, I asked her why and she said ..... "Because I am trying to examine you!!!" :D
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am I have to go and see my lady GP on almost a weekly basis so that she can examine my plums. Still no nearer to a cure.
Pickling is probably the best way to cure plums, but you could try salting or smoking.
Honda Owner
Skub

Post by Skub »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 pm Last time my female doctor offered me a testicle examination she added, 'if you wouldn't mind just moving your penis...' :oops:
Did you move it with no hands to impress her? :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Skub wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:26 pm
gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 pm Last time my female doctor offered me a testicle examination she added, 'if you wouldn't mind just moving your penis...' :oops:
Did you move it with no hands to impress her? :thumbup:
“Show us yer tits and it’ll move itself!”
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:52 am Could have been the ideal post for a job share between a man and a woman. Strange but true, some blokes and boys might take things on board better if a man tells them and makes the point that it's not just a 'woman thing' if it's something that affects a household. That would have been a more elegant solution perhaps.
This! Like the fact that it would be useful for men to understand some (many) of the issues around menopause as most men either live with, are related to or work with someone that will or is going through it. It affects everyone in some ways, not just the person having the symptoms

I do think it was weird to appoint a man to publicise free period stuff - if only because there are very few men that have much (if any) understanding of menstruation and the difficulties it causes for many females of varying ages. I think you need some understanding to then understand why free stuff is helpful/needed. Maybe. But, I should get back to making sarnies and comment less on this!! :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

No butter on mine love, ta.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:00 pm

I do think it was weird to appoint a man to publicise free period stuff
Probably a bit weird when men first went into midwifery, but they did, despite the naysayers. Who knows, maybe one day men will be able to become gynecologists despite not having lady-bits to compare.

And you never know, they may one day be able to sell ladies shoes!
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Yambo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:08 am
slowsider wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:02 am
Yambo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:43 am

It would be a good idea then for the publicist to understand all the issues. As a guess, I'd say a woman would be a better bet rather than someone who maybe just identifies as a woman.

If the male individual identifies as a male he's in an even worse situation.

Now, granted I'm no publicist but I was married to the same woman for 36 years and I didn't understand many of the issues around menstruation. ;)

It would appear that from the reaction, someone got it wrong despite the law.
He doesnt need to understand the ins and outs of menstruation, he needs some understanding of the law. The possession of a penis doesnt preclude that.

"Mr Grant was appointed to work with the group to ensure the legal right to free period products in public places."

Maybe the law isn't clear then and it needs a man to interpret it properly. :D

If the law is clear i.e. there is a clear legal right to free period products in public places why is a publicist necessary? It's a non job job.

And why so many complaints?
His job is (was) to make the public aware of the law (which only came in law 3 weeks ago), it's essentially just a marketing role and he is the only man on a team of 5 people. He role is to coordinate an awareness campaign while ensuring Govt funding is allocated appropriately.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am
Yambo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:08 am And why so many complaints?
This particular scenario, it's just bloody obvious that a woman is the sensible choice. Sensitive sexual policy, bordering on advice? Come on. Not in the UK anyway, maybe Scandinavia. The other way around (women advising men on sexual matters) is maybe ok as (some) men tend to give less of a shit. Maybe that's just me. I have to go and see my lady GP on almost a weekly basis so that she can examine my plums. Still no nearer to a cure.

If you (not you) want to make a point about the new world of Woke being unfair and illogical, this is not a great example of it.
I don't see why. The bloke wouldn't be standing on street corners addressing a crowd or providing intimate demonstrations. His job title suggests he'd me more about market reach, target audience, demographics. You know the sort of "black magic" subtle psychological trickery that is prevalent in advertising/marketing.

Gender is irrelevant in what is largely a virtual communications industry and to choose an individual or forbid one on the basis of gender, race or creed has a vanishingly small place in modern society where you just want to employ the best man for the job. What if the product was not "female issues" but dog food? Would the job have to go to someone who identifies as a dog??

(I am aware of a couple of puns, don't bite my head off).
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:39 pm
Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:00 pm

I do think it was weird to appoint a man to publicise free period stuff
Probably a bit weird when men first went into midwifery, but they did, despite the naysayers. Who knows, maybe one day men will be able to become gynecologists despite not having lady-bits to compare.

And you never know, they may one day be able to sell ladies shoes!
This is true. Although so far, my experience of male gynecologists has NOT been good. Almost as if they don't know that they might cause pain/bleeding if they don't take a bit of care??

But yes, you are right and I stand corrected

(TBF, I understood that ladies shoes were mandatory for many men, on a Thursday evening???)

Hoonercat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:06 pm
Yambo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:08 am
slowsider wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:02 am

He doesnt need to understand the ins and outs of menstruation, he needs some understanding of the law. The possession of a penis doesnt preclude that.

"Mr Grant was appointed to work with the group to ensure the legal right to free period products in public places."

Maybe the law isn't clear then and it needs a man to interpret it properly. :D

If the law is clear i.e. there is a clear legal right to free period products in public places why is a publicist necessary? It's a non job job.

And why so many complaints?
His job is (was) to make the public aware of the law (which only came in law 3 weeks ago), it's essentially just a marketing role and he is the only man on a team of 5 people. He role is to coordinate an awareness campaign while ensuring Govt funding is allocated appropriately.
Ok, everything I've read about this has been on this thread. With the info that I've put in bold, I may not have made such a strong statement before. Might have done, but I suspect not!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Let’s face it he’s a fucking creep, whose friend in high places got him this job and previous jobs.

Anyway, he’s taking them to a tribunal and it’s been “leaked” to the press.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... l-62826983
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:19 pm What if the product was not "female issues" but dog food? Would the job have to go to someone who identifies as a dog??
Pretty sure dogs don't care.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:19 pm What if the product was not "female issues" but dog food? Would the job have to go to someone who identifies as a dog??

It could go to a dog who identifies as someone.

I think we’re making some important points here.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Has anyone seen the episode of Red Dwarf where criticism is banned so all the ships positions are incorrectly filled by people with the wrong skills, that is where we are now in the UK. We aren't allowed to criticise anyone/anything so jobs are being filled by people with the wrong skills!

As Jackyjoll says, soon we shall be employing people who 'identify' as something to fill the jobs.

"Hi my names James and i am a 18 year old with no qualifications in medicine who identifies as a Brain Surgeon"!
Last edited by Greenman on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:53 pm
Dogs are fucking judgemental bastards who'll grass you up to the police for a biscuit.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Greenman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:57 am We aren't allowed to criticise anyone/anything so jobs are being filled by people with the wrong skills!
Really? You yourself are forced to hire unqualified staff? I doubt it. An awful lot of jobs, being qualified is effectively a legal requirement, built into SOPs, backed up by law. If you want to criticise, crack on, you're just meant to keep it fair and legal.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Greenman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:57 am Has anyone seen the episode of Red Dwarf where criticism is banned so all the ships positions are incorrectly filled by people with the wrong skills, that is where we are now in the UK. We aren't allowed to criticise anyone/anything so jobs are being filled by people with the wrong skills!

As Jackyjoll says, soon we shall be employing people who 'identify' as something to fill the jobs.

"Hi my names James and i am a 18 year old with no qualifications in medicine who identifies as a Brain Surgeon"!
It seems to be the case with modern musicians, there's never a tune you can whistle to and they can't sing.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

London Bridge is looking wobbly :(

“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.”
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:53 pm
Luckily, there is no shortage of revolting perverts who dress up as dogs.