Post by Count Steer »

The electrical discharge has blown TPs speelchucker. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 pm The electrical discharge has blown TPs speelchucker. :D
It’s now so sunny I haven’t got a lie what I’m writing. I know TLDR heavy rain today! 😄
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm Went to the market to suddenly realise thetevsss a dream eloping panic as the skies darkened. Market traders dismantling thief tstsllls and packing away as the lightening was spiking its way to the floor a few miles away.

We got back to the camper ad the storm hit town snd it was biblical!! Winds turning to gale force ripping branches from trees. Then Ice and hail like golf balls! I was fearing a demsnesu finish to my camper snd broken windows etc but I got the last spacer under a bridge.

we sat there for around 20 minutes snd the streets and roads turned to raging rivers . The noise was horrendous and the the traffic just stopped trying to drive and the drivers just seem to accept their fate!

Finally it relented snd we moved on. Still the ditches overflowed and there was ice everywhere. Took nearly 2 hours to get on site as the access road was flooded and being pumped out. Suns out now znd dvergyfhing is drying snd being swept up. I suspect in a few hours time there will be no trace of it. Camper seems unmasked do I’m somewhat relived about that!!
That cheap wine seems to be working a treat !
Excuse me! I’ve upped it to €1.30 a litre carton today! Tonight should be epic! 👍😬
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

IMG_20220816_183907.jpg
IMG_20220816_183907.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 246 times
New garage window.
Just need to do the other 4 upstairs now!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm Was it! Went to the market to suddenly realise theres a developing panic as the skies darkened. Market traders dismantling thier stalls and packing away as the lightening was spiking its way to the floor a few miles away.

We got back to the camper as the storm hit town and it was biblical!! Winds turning to gale force ripping branches from trees. Then Ice and hail like golf balls! I was fearing a bobbled finish to my campers paintwork snd broken windows etc but I got the last spacer under a bridge.

we sat there for around 20 minutes snd the streets and roads turned to raging rivers . The noise was horrendous and the the traffic just stopped trying to drive and the drivers just seem to accept their fate!

Finally it relented snd we moved on. Still the ditches overflowed and there was ice everywhere. Took nearly 2 hours to get on site as the access road was flooded and being pumped out. Suns out now and everything is drying snd being swept up. I suspect in a few hours time there will be no trace of it. Camper seems unmarked so we’re somewhat relived about that!!
Where was this?
Sound like the kind of thing that wrecked my van and damaged 25k+ houses in June
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Demannu wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:46 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm Was it! Went to the market to suddenly realise theres a developing panic as the skies darkened. Market traders dismantling thier stalls and packing away as the lightening was spiking its way to the floor a few miles away.

We got back to the camper as the storm hit town and it was biblical!! Winds turning to gale force ripping branches from trees. Then Ice and hail like golf balls! I was fearing a bobbled finish to my campers paintwork snd broken windows etc but I got the last spacer under a bridge.

Finally it relented snd we moved on. Still the ditches overflowed and there was ice everywhere. Took nearly 2 hours to get on site as the access road was flooded and being pumped out. Suns out now and everything is drying snd being swept up. I suspect in a few hours time there will be no trace of it. Camper seems unmarked so we’re somewhat relived about that!!
Where was this?
Sound like the kind of thing that wrecked my van and damaged 25k+ houses in June
Tarragona, Spain. Wasn’t even forecast from what we can gather?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Moving home - wish us luck!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 am Moving home - wish us luck!
Good luck! As long as you've got kettle, milk, tea bags etc to hand to keep the removal team happy you'll be :thumbup:
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:43 am
Good luck! As long as you've got kettle, milk, tea bags etc to hand to keep the removal team happy you'll be :thumbup:
Cheers - Wife had packed those :D
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Well it's going to shit - bank has lost the funds transfer, so we can't complete on our purchase however sale has so we are currently homeless!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am
Count Steer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:43 am
Cheers - Wife had packed those :D
Hope you remembered the biscuits! Our movers sent us off to the village shop when we arrived here. 'Wot? No biscuits?!' (They were absolutely brilliant though, nothing was either a problem or too much trouble....so I bunged them some beer money at the end. :thumbup: ).

Today I have been to the dentist for a 6 monthly and swum 1km. (But not at the same time).
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 pm Well it's going to shit - bank has lost the funds transfer, so we can't complete on our purchase however sale has so we are currently homeless!
Woah! Missed this. :shock:

We had a 'park up outside the new place with the removers for an hour' because things got stuck somewhere in the system but it did get sorted. The 'mover-outers' just said 'Meh, it'll happen, here's the keys. Get in there!' Which was cool.

Hope they've got you sorted too. 🤞
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 pm Well it's going to shit - bank has lost the funds transfer, so we can't complete on our purchase however sale has so we are currently homeless!
Stressful. :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I left the catsit house and came home.

Had the best ride up the mountain on the monster so far - not fastest, just the best so far

Awesome physio session - more positive than any previous ones since getting back from rehab

Chatted with a mate and his friend about summer mountain biking holidays. My mate has a chalet company here and wants to do more in the summer, the friend has a mountain biking youtube channel and they have organised their first joint chalet biking holidays this summer! :D I'm being asked transport and logistics Q's!! Need to do some research LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Hope they've found it :o :o
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Skub wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:08 pm
Stressful. :shock:
Just a touch - missus was having a meltdown, completed at 16.50! Removals guys not long left, had to bung them a few quid to stay on.
Noggin wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:04 pm
Hope they've found it :o :o
Whether they found it I'm not sure? Think they ended up resending and then find their missing funds tomorrow!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'll bet it was stressful! Lots of stories around of house funds going adrift usually involving hacked solicitors systems (or someone bent/compromised on the inside) and sending out dodgy bank details and funds getting hoovered up by crims. It's one thing losing a few bob on an iffy eBay purchase but when a few 100k or more's involved you'd expect systems to be absolutely solid.

Still, you're in and it looks like the bank's problem. :thumbup:
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 pm I'll bet it was stressful! Lots of stories around of house funds going adrift usually involving hacked solicitors systems (or someone bent/compromised on the inside) and sending out dodgy bank details and funds getting hoovered up by crims. It's one thing losing a few bob on an iffy eBay purchase but when a few 100k or more's involved you'd expect systems to be absolutely solid.

Still, you're in and it looks like the bank's problem. :thumbup:
Yep, all good now - built the bed, sent missus out for pizza, had a quick swim and now necking a few bottles of red :thumbup:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Had the old solar system taken out and a new one installed. The house is already off grid, the new system means I can lose the gas bottle hot water system and go electric, and I can run air con/heating for a bit more temperature control summer and winter.

The non eco bit is that I'll still have bottled gas for cooking and will need to use the log burner sometimes in the winter.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:48 pm Had the old solar system taken out and a new one installed. The house is already off grid, the new system means I can lose the gas bottle hot water system and go electric, and I can run air con/heating for a bit more temperature control summer and winter.

The non eco bit is that I'll still have bottled gas for cooking and will need to use the log burner sometimes in the winter.
This is the place in Spain? How’s it working out for you so far?