A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Felix

Re: A right now thread

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:36 pm Relaxing on a proper sofa in an actual house!! Balcony doors open, just to attempt to get some breeze through - tis is a smidge hotter down here than at home!
We are n an area where you can still leave your door open. When its hot like today the front door is left open and a window in the opposite side of the house so you can feel the breeze flowing through. Its only about 24 now indoors but the breeze is nice. Plus the sun being at the other side of the house in the evening helps.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:37 pm

We are n an area where you can still leave your door open. When its hot like today the front door is left open and a window in the opposite side of the house so you can feel the breeze flowing through. Its only about 24 now indoors but the breeze is nice. Plus the sun being at the other side of the house in the evening helps.
We can do that here. Downside is that, cos i had the balcony windows/doors open, the sodding cat, that I'm supposed to be keeping in for the night, has gone out! So I need to wait around or go out and look for the little sod :roll: :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 pm We can do that here. Downside is that, cos i had the balcony windows/doors open, the sodding cat, that I'm supposed to be keeping in for the night, has gone out! So I need to wait around or go out and look for the little sod :roll: :roll:
That is one of the reasons i put the cat flap in. Downside is in the morning you might get up and a neighbours car is tucking into the dry food thats left out for them or curled up on the sofa :D Buy aye, little shits
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 pm We can do that here. Downside is that, cos i had the balcony windows/doors open, the sodding cat, that I'm supposed to be keeping in for the night, has gone out! So I need to wait around or go out and look for the little sod :roll: :roll:
That is one of the reasons i put the cat flap in. Downside is in the morning you might get up and a neighbours car is tucking into the dry food thats left out for them or curled up on the sofa :D Buy aye, little shits
There is a cat flap. They just like to keep the cat in overnight, so I have to turn the cat flap to in only in the evening so she stays in. But the little sod jumped off the balcony :roll: So now I know I have to keep the balcony doors closed once she's in!

This cat flap is a chipped one, so only their cat comes in - apparently!! LOL LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Watching Total Recall when I really should be going to bed.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

We’re on a campsite in Spain and since we’ve been here I keep hearing this strange noise go past but never got to see what it was until just now. A couple of the kids stick s plastic bottle between the frame and the rear wheel to make this really odd rubbing noise?? Haven’t they ever heard of pegs and playing card ffs!
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:46 am We’re on a campsite in Spain and since we’ve been here I keep hearing this strange noise go past but never got to see what it was until just now. A couple of the kids stick s plastic bottle between the frame and the rear wheel to make this really odd rubbing noise?? Haven’t they ever heard of pegs and playing card ffs!
Chuck a stick in the from wheel. Thud, WHAAAAAAA! then silence :thumbup:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Just booked a campsite in Tyndrum for the 28th. I am up at Aviemore for Thunder In The Glen for the 26th and 27th and just know a third night with Harley riders in Chaps will have me wanting to slit my wrists so heading south a day early :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting on the sofa in the catsit house slightly miffed. It's not sunny and I definitely can't ride far :( :( So much for the big day I'd planned :roll: :roll:

Gonna go find the warmest clothes I have down here in a bit and head to my mates pasty shop for coffee, sausage in a bun and a cinnamon roll.

If I can't ride somewhere different and have fun, I can go chat with someone awesome and maybe some other cool people and just hope it doesn't rain either way!! :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

At the moMent I seem to be failing at making Betty Crocker blueberry muffins in my Omnia! 🤨
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Turned out lovely in the end!

MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Having a think.

I was going to go out early on the bike but missed that, the car needed servicing so thought I'd crack on before it got too hot :flame: failed miserably at avoiding the heat and cooked myself, never mind service is done.

But it brought up that my annual commuting mileage has gone from 25,000 miles pre covid down to 8,000 post covid.
So maybe time to think about a different car, something where MPG isn't the most important factor, no mad rush with 2nd hand prices still through the roof, one for the back burner.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

It's raining on the south coast for the first time since June and even then, it wasn't much.
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting here looking at the view trying to summon the enthusiasm to get the bike out and go to Lidl!! LOL

A friend is coming for coffee and chat at 11:30 so I thought I'd go to Lidl to do a quick shop and get some stuff for lunch.

It's not a bad little ride but I'm knackered and too many bits ache after all the rushing around a bar last night!!! :lol: :lol:

Best go though :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:16 am Turned out lovely in the end!

What is that that you cooked them in???
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 am

It’s an Omnia oven, mainly used by campers and hikers etc. Shiite internet here do I can’t link to any videos but they have quite a following like instantpots do.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Aldi, B&M, Go outdoors did sell them. They cost about a tenner and the gas canisters are cheap as chips

Dont go to Go Outdoors as they want 20 quid

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16233482/c ... e-16233482
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:13 pm

It’s an Omnia oven, mainly used by campers and hikers etc. Shiite internet here do I can’t link to any videos but they have quite a following like instantpots do.
That's really interesting, incase I ever go camping again!! LOL Couldn't work out how/why you were baking on a camping gas stove!! Good that it worked :D :D
Felix

Post by Felix »

I used one in my micro camper van. Managed to get a meal and use the stove for heating in the awning plus a few cups of tea before the gas ran out. What is the exchange rate like as you have them in France if you were after one

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/rechaud-gaz- ... mc=8746353
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:40 pm I used one in my micro camper van. Managed to get a meal and use the stove for heating in the awning plus a few cups of tea before the gas ran out. What is the exchange rate like as you have them in France if you were after one

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/rechaud-gaz- ... mc=8746353
Exchange rate doesn't mean anything to me unless I buy in Sterling!

TBF, I am not a keen camper! I have a jetboil which does all I want to deal with whilst camping!! As long as I can make a tea or coffee in the morning, I can pack up and go to a cafe for real food! But I'm hoping not to have to do much in the way of actual camping anymore!! LOL It's just interesting to see cakes cooked on that sort of stove :D